The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Secret Society.
So I want to try something with CotH that could end up in total failure or great success, if RP'd correctly.

Here's the basic idea: Anonymous citizens who have formed a secret society of assassins to fight corruption and "evil" (in their eyes) of the world.

A few things to note:

-Real character names shouldn't be used.
-No one would know who each other is thanks to special uniforms worn during seldomly formed meetings.
-Not a very active group, more of a "We'll call you when we need you." kind of thing.
-NOT A GUILD. The point of this is to be an absolute secret ICly to everyone. ANYONE can be an assassin of the society at any time. Even if they are in another guild.
-Characters would obey a strict code of secrecy.
-The point of the group is supposed to be "citizens who're secret assassins in a second life." Not "OMG I'M AN ASSASSIN LOOK AT ME." So obviously, no one would ever speak of it or hint they are an assassin, appearance wise included.
-Character deaths must be accepted by the target before an assassination contract is given out.

So tell me what you think of this idea! If you're interested in this idea let me know! Leave criticism or constructive comments or PMs!
I'm in, but it would require a lot of effort to put such a thing together. So, perhaps you should get a GM to give you support in forming a meeting/event for this?
I applaud your mind, this is an awesome idea. Or atleast I think it is, I don't have any certain characters I have that I may join on, and I already have too many to make more, but I support this and if any of my characters die off, I'll definitely replace them with a character for this group.
Seems like a relatively cool idea. However, I feel it will need really good storyline, longer and more detailed than most guild/event ideas. Also, the fact that most anyone can join doesn't seem like a very safe idea to me. Someone will blab and the whole organization will crumble. Another thing is dedication. If the organization is not a closely knit guild then it, in my opinion, will not last.

I do wish you good luck though!
Chieftain Muyoh Wolftotem - Chieftain of the Wolftotem Tribe
I see your point. Yes, I'm currently working on a backstory to the whole thing. Also, the code of secrecy is not exactly the most friendly, fun-loving code. We have black up plans for blabbermouths :P. This is also why no one would use real names. Sure, one of the assassins can warn a victim of their coming...but the victim won't see us coming ;). That's the point.
I love this idea. And I love that they are actually assassins that act like assassins. . . Kind off.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
So every member would be an assassin? What about funds? Getting weapons/armor (if any is needed)? And how would the leaders/leader contact their members?

I really like and support this idea.
Every day, I feel more a part of this community. And soon, as I merge with the local populace, I can begin the conversion. One at a time. One of us.

My egg died... Here is its corpse, may it rest in pieces.

[Image: d3cp.gif]
Funding is through assassination contracts. The leaders are a select secret few chosen by my character. Citizens are expected to have their own means of assassination, and it's more of a cause than an organization. Basically, these are people who think their involvement is a just cause.
The idea is great, honestly, but I think you'd need to do this in pairs. In other words, actually give them(us) someone to fight in whatever storyline you can come up with. I'd personally be very much interested to help get this started in any way I can, possibly even help with the story behind it and such - But I really think you need set enemies or somesuch, or you will quickly find that you can be as secret as you want but there won't really be anything to do with it.
If you actually get this ball bouncing I'll get an alt to join. Seems like funz.
Chieftain Muyoh Wolftotem - Chieftain of the Wolftotem Tribe
I'm currently making a storyline, I'm going to give this a shot. I'll make a seperate post when it is finished.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Questions on Society and Sexism FlyingSquirrel 18 2,695 03-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Last Post: SpiralLateralus
  Dwarven Society Vrahn 12 2,233 11-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Vrahn
  The Secret is Out - and I've had enough Reetha 0 627 03-24-2008, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Reetha