The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Random Questions on Society and Sexism
Random questions that popped up in my head during Workshop at school (By the way, I finished my project in there. /fistpump). By no means do I plan to RP any of these, just random questions.

Orcs

1) Could a Woman be a Peon?
2) Could a Woman be a Chieftain?
3) Could a Woman be a Warchief (Only if yes to #2)?

Draenei

1) Could a Woman, pre-Legion, possibly have been in one of the three seats of power filled by Archimonde, Kil'jaedan and Velen?
2) Could a Woman be the new Prophet if Velen dies?

Human

1) Could a Woman be a General, or any other high-ranking military rank?
2) Could a Widow Queen still rule the Kingdom, or would it go to their child (If they have one)?
3) (Only if it's No for #2, and they have no child) Then what would happen?

Dwarf

1) Could a Woman be a Windrider (shoutout to all you Wildhammer Experts)?

Tauren

1) Could a Woman be a Chieftain?
2) Would it be possible to shave a Tauren (I know, it has nothing to do with the topic, but still)?

I'll edit in more if I come up with them!
I'm not sure about some of them, but I know the Draenei are very equal. Each gender is assumed to be equally capable. There's just no such thing as sexism in their culture. So, yes to both.
Orcs value strength, no matter what gender, since there are female officers, I believe there -could- be female leaders.
Etmosril Wrote:I'm not sure about some of them, but I know the Draenei are very equal. Each gender is assumed to be equally capable. There's just no such thing as sexism in their culture. So, yes to both.

But what about Eredar society, pre-Legion?
There's almost nothing about Eredar society except for the fact that they were a powerful, intelligent race of magic-users. I think that their views on gender have remained the same through the years. There's nothing to suggest otherwise.

Any lack of high-ranking Eredar NPCs who are female would be because Blizzard didn't put them there, not because they don't exist.
It's true, same with orc women.

Orcs are basically, carry your own weight, and you'll be recognized. Male or female.

Eredar/Draenei are completely equal, for every male guard, there's exactly another female guard. It's completely balanced.
I could've sworn Eredar society was male dominant.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
There are some female Eredar bosses. They look like harlots, sure, but ARE they?

Tune in next week and find out! Just kidding, they're not. They're prominent in that society.
[Image: tumblr_mjjxhcqmG51qh076xo1_250.png]
Also I'm pretty sure the "three seats of power" were given to the most powerful. I'm also pretty sure she'd still be "queen" but the prince (the son) would become King, as the current king is deceased.
Unless there's something to suggest otherwise (such as with non-Horde Orcs and with Night Elves) I generally assume genders are treated completely equally for all races.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Regarding Orcs and Tauren, I'm fairly certain theres a female chieftain (Dragonmaw, I believe) in Cata, and if I'm not mistaken the Grimtotem leader is a woman as well.

Also there's a female windrider, or at least a gryphon rider thats in Cata, and I believe there are quite a few examples of high ranking women in the human military (Captain Balinda Stonehearth, for instance).

EDIT: Also Jaina, Queen of Theramore.
Grakor456 Wrote:I generally assume genders are treated completely equally for all races.

Women may have ranks in Dwarvish culture, but they will always be inferior. xD
[Image: tumblr_mjjxhcqmG51qh076xo1_250.png]
Rigley Wrote:Regarding Orcs and Tauren, I'm fairly certain theres a female chieftain (Dragonmaw, I believe) in Cata, and if I'm not mistaken the Grimtotem leader is a woman as well.

Also there's a female windrider, or at least a gryphon rider thats in Cata, and I believe there are quite a few examples of high ranking women in the human military (Captain Balinda Stonehearth, for instance).

Magatha Grimtotem doesn't lead them in true terms of status. She is, however, the elder crone and does have great influence over the tribe. But she takes it too far and basically manipulates everyone. The real chief is someone else...

But in Tauren culture women are equal, if not more respected since they have the gift of creation (birth). That last bit is just speculation though.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Aphetoros Wrote:I could've sworn Eredar society was male dominant.

Yea, I thought this too. Although, probably just from the three leaders being male.

JackofBlades Wrote:Orcs value strength, no matter what gender, since there are female officers, I believe there -could- be female leaders.

I now demand a Female Warchief.

Rigley Wrote:Regarding Orcs and Tauren, I'm fairly certain theres a female chieftain (Dragonmaw, I believe) in Cata, and if I'm not mistaken the Grimtotem leader is a woman as well.

Jaina's point is taken. Also, yea, I overlooked Grimtotem and Dragonmaw. The Dragonmaw leader basically kills the old one, and the old people accept her for it for her strength. Same thing happens in the Grizzly Hills place, but the leader was already a woman and such. But yea, spaced on Magatha.

Aphetoros Wrote:

Magatha Grimtotem doesn't lead them in true terms of status. She is, however, the elder crone and does have great influence over the tribe. But she takes it too far and basically manipulates everyone. The real chief is someone else...

But in Tauren culture women are equal, if not more respected since they have the gift of creation (birth). That last bit is just speculation though.

Well, that could be related to the Earthmother. I think that's what an eastern tribe of Indians did (Saw Woman as keepers of the Earth), so I wouldn't see it as too far fetched for Tauren to be that way, being Native American based and all.

Thank you all!
Yes, it is possible to shave a Tauren but actually getting the Tauren to not beat you away is another thing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A confession and some questions Nymus 4 3,559 01-19-2015, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Nymus
  Random facts about our characters Saiyuu 181 38,186 12-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Druid of the Antler? and more questions. Andy7565 7 3,490 11-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Random facts about our RP styles and signatures ImagenAshyun 21 4,050 05-17-2014, 03:18 AM
Last Post: Sorum
  [Questions] Priests yo. Psychyn 5 1,658 08-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Psychyn