The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Legacy of a Blood Bear.
The night air was cool, the sound of two stones smashing together rang out. Flames sprang forth from the fire pit that Grog had created not two hours ago.

"Hmph this will do."

The massive Orc said as he sat down in his leathers near the blaze. The warmth of the fire was soothing to Grog, especially after his long day of riding. Grog pulled a small fur bed roll from his traveling pack and placed it on the ground near the fire, he lay his head upon it with a sigh of relief as he anticipated another long day of riding ahead of him. Grog drifted into a deep sleep as he sang to himself. The hours rolled by into the night, the sounds of howling dust winds could be heard blowing on the plains. Grog rested easy for the night, however in the shadows lurked a pair of eyes, eyes that could be seen by no mere mortal. The eyes watched Grog for many hours before stepping forth from the shadows, a creature stood the height of a normal man its eyes gleamed a bright green like that of an emerald jewel it spoke, though its lips did not move.

"Master, I have found the Orc. He has rallied no one to his pathetic cause, though he appears to be traveling towards Thunderbluff. Perhaps to seek others who would support him."

The creatures thoughts called out to an unseen figure, the flames before Grog changed from a dancing orange to a wicked green. The jewel eyed figure left the solid ground and strode into the air as it neared the fire, it remained high above the sleeping Orc as it circled the green flames below. A voice called from the fire.

"You will follow the Orc, should he prove a threat you will dispose of him and all who ride with him."

The jeweled eyed figure nodded.

"Yes my master."

A sudden gust of wind carried the green flames high into the air they shown bright for a moment before disappearing with a thunderous BOOM! The jeweled figure clapped its hands together and vanished into a sulfur smoke. Grog sat up sweaty reaching for his axe, he glanced at the horizon. Thunder clouds shown in the distance of the night sky,
"Hmph..."

Grog stood, wrapping himself in the fur roll that once lay under his head. The thunder clouds let out a crashing BOOM! Grog nodded before gathering his belongings.

"No rest for the wicked tonight Korgrom."

He nudged a large slumped figure that growled, Grog strapped his belongings onto its back as it grumbled.

"Come we travel through the night my large friend."

The slumped figure gave a stretching yawn before standing to all fours, Grog climbed on stroking the mighty bears neck line.

"We'll pass through the storm then rest."

Korgrom had been traveling with Grog for years and hated traveling through storms, as the two carried on into the night a pair of emerald eyes flicked open in the shadows and narrowed upon the two..... (To be continued).....
[Image: 15.jpg]
Chapter 1 (A Warning in Blood)

The journey across the barrens was a long and hot one. Grog had pressed on through the last night of his journey to make it to Camp Taurajo, just ahead lay the entrance to Mulgore home to the mighty Tauren. Korgrom gave a low grunt as they began to pack things up to leave Camp Taurajo, “Oh stop your complaining.” Grog said with a smirk as he strapped his traveling pack onto the mighty bears back. The two said their goodbyes to the Tauren they had met and spoken with for the time of their stay, they set out into Mulgore with Grog practicing his speech as they carried onward.

The two companions ventured ever closer to Thunderbluff, home of the Tauren. In the distance a pair of emerald eyes watched as they pressed on through the green hills of Mulgore, the eyes spoke to an unseen figure.

“Master they have reached the Tauren city of Mulgore, what is to be done?”

A voice came from a destination unknown.

“You will offer them a warning, should the Orc make any new allies teach him a lesson. Do not kill him.”

The emerald eyes squinted in irritation.

“But master, Why let him live?”

With a large gust of wind the voice came again.

“Who are you to question ME? You will do as you are told vermin and nothing more!”

Irritated and silenced, the emerald eyes said nothing, the eyes simply continued to watch the pair as they entered the lift that would take them up into Thunderbluff.

Grog dismounted his mighty bear.

“You must remain here my friend.”

Korgrom gave a disapproving growl. The massive Orc nudged him.

“Oh I am sure you will be fine, besides I doubt the lift could carry your fatness.”

Grog laughed as he stroked the bear's neck line. A hot wind blew through the valley, Grog perked for a moment then continued on towards the lift.

Thunderbluff was an amazing city to Grog's eyes, he had only ever visited the mighty cliff city once and the stay was short lived. Grog took in every sight he could; he stopped to have his armor tended too and his axe sharpened. While Grog was taking in the sights of Thunderbluff Korgrom huffed and puffed impatiently outside, the mighty bear rolled around in the grassy fields of Mulgore attempting to entertain himself.

After a few hours of sight-seeing in the great city of Thunderbluff Grog decided it was time to begin what he had set out to do. The massive Orc marched to center of the market place; it was here Grog began his speech.

“Brothers! Sisters! Members of the Horde, I am Grogloki former member of the Warsong Clan. Now leader of the Blood Bear Clan, I come to you today in dire need!”

The Orc's voice rose with vigor, the Tauren people of Thunderbluff began to gather. Grog clenched his right fist as he slammed it into his open left hand; he spoke with fire in his throat.

“The free people of Azeroth have stood by long enough while we allowed the demonic forces of the burning legion to seep back into our world, filling it with taint.”

Some of the Tauren nodded in agreement, one in particular took note of the Orc's voice. His voice booming, his neck flexed, his skin gleaming from a mid-day sweat Grog continued.

“To long brothers and sisters have we stood by and done nothing!”

The massive Orc narrowed his eyes.

“And I am here to say enough is enough! I am done doing nothing…”

Grog pointed an accusing finger at himself and then out into the crowd.

“It is our fault that these tainted abominations slipped past into our world… It is our fault that fel wielders move among us, unchecked!”

One of the Tauren spoke.

“And what is it you plan to do about this young Orc?”

Her voice was soft yet bold, Grog glanced over to her.

“I am here to assemble a force to combat these would be demons, and to help protect the free people of Azeroth.”

The female Tauren spoke.

“And what makes you able to lead such a force young one?”

Grog nodded, it was a good question.

“I have no fantasies about glory or fame; I have no fantasies about my abilities in battle. I am a soldier to the Warchief nothing more, however I promise to give my all to protect the innocent of Azeroth.”

Grog shifted his eyes throughout the crowd, he was preparing to say something that could make or break his speech.

“We must unite as one people, both horde and alliance alike!”

A great hush fell over the crowd, whispering and pointing began. The massive Orc stood ready for an onslaught of flying objects, which surprisingly never came. Instead the female Tauren spoke again.

“And why should we join with these outsiders young Warrior?”

Grog ran his sweaty hand along the side of his Mohawk. He motioned to her.

“If we do not come together now, on a common ground, then we will all surely parish. We will be doomed to a fate, swallowed up by our own hatred and greed. The free people of Azeroth must stand now in defense of that freedom or risk being taken over by these demonic hell spawns.”

The female Tauren thought for a moment, she was wise yet something about this Orc inspired her. She had been around for many years and knew much in the ways of the world. After a moment she spoke again.

“And what if you fail child?... What becomes of those who are willing to follow you?”

Grog's face grew grim, he was a young Orc full of fire and life. The female Tauren had touched a nerve with the question, Grog took a deep breath; he thought about what the Warchief might say. Then after a moment of thought he spoke.

“Like I stated before, I have no fantasies about being an all-powerful leader. I promise to give all my heart has to give; with or without help I will protect the innocent lives of Azeroth. Should the time come, I will gladly give my life in its defense and the defense of its people. I will defend both Alliance and Horde alike.”

The Tauren woman nodded as she heard the words spoken from the young Orcs heart, she motioned.

“What about those with tainted pasts, such as the Blood Elves?”

Grog placed a fist over his chest and pounded twice. He spoke.

“I will turn away no one who wishes to protect the people of Azeroth, like the Blood Elves we Orcs also have a tainted past one that most all know. I will not turn someone away because they have faltered in the past. Who am I to judge them for their mistakes, they have made many strides to correct their failures much like my own people.”

The female Tauren nodded.

“You speak wise for one so young. I will aid you in your journey Grogloki of the Blood Bear Clan.”

Grog smiled, he walked over to her.

“What is your name sister?”

The Tauren nodded low, she leaned heavily upon her staff. She wore a druidic garb, her staff a bear paw attached to an oaken branch. Both her attire and staff were well crafted.

“I am Thamga.”

Grog nodded extending his hand, a show of respect. He bowed low to the elder Tauren.

“Then it is my honor to welcome you into the Blood Bears, Thamga of the Tauren people.”

The sun was setting in Kalimdor, night was approaching at a quick pace. Grog decided to spend the night in deep conversation with the elder druid Thamga, the newest edition to his Clan. Hours rolled by the two enjoyed friendly conversation, and Thamga explained a few of the basics about her Druidic ways. Grog listened as the elder Tauren spoke, her wisdom was great and Grog tried hard to learn all he could about the earth and the spirits of nature. Finally Thamga stood shakily using her staff to pull herself up.

“I must retire Grog; I am in need of rest. What is the next move from here?”

Grog stood in a respectful manner as the Elder Tauren prepared to leave, he thought for a moment.

“We will make our way to Ratchet; from there we will sail to Booty Bay in hopes of recruiting some more allies to our cause. Perhaps we could even make some friends on the Alliance side that would aide us in our cause.”

With a nod, Thamga began to leave. She made her way towards the Elder Rise, where she would spend the night in a deep sleep. Grog would stare into the fire for a few more hours thinking about where to go from here, he would eventually sing softly to himself as he drifted off to sleep.

The night air was cool, a pair of emerald eyes flicked open high above Thunderbluff in the violet sky. The eyes watched as Grog tossed and turned in his sleep, a sweat forming on his brow. A pair of jagged teeth appeared smiling under the emerald eyes, pleased with what they saw. Grog lay in deep sleep, his dreams turned to nightmares as his worst fears flashed before his eyes. He saw his people enslaved, beaten, broken, and dying. Grog struggled to wake but something held him dead fast in his sleep, causing him to see horrid things. Daylight was coming, but the emerald eyes wanted to enjoy the pleasures of torture just a bit longer, with waking grunt Grog grabbed for his axe. He sat up quickly in a heavy sweat, his massive body exposed to the morning sun. The nightmare had passed for the moment…

Thamga awoke to a warm morning sun; she gave a mighty stretch of her old bones before beginning her morning Druidic rituals. The rituals did not take long, and soon she was ready to greet the day. With a focused mind and able body she headed out into the social environment of Thunderbluff, in search of Grog. After about an hour of searching she found the massive Orc walking towards the lift to take him down to the floor of Mulgore's sweeping green fields. Thamga spoke.

“Leaving without me?”

Her tone was joking, Grog cracked a halfhearted smile.

“Of course not Thamga.”

Grog had a bad feeling about today, his sleep was uneasy and he was unsure of the reason. He finished saddling up Korgrom who snored heavily in a giant pile of dug up grass, which he deemed his new “bed”. Grog mounted the mighty bear and motioned him onwards, Thamga followed at a gentle walking pace. The two traveled for almost an hour when Thamga stopped to rest for a moment, her ear twitched. She shot a glare up into the nearest group of pine trees.

“Grog, WATCHOUT!”

She barely had enough time to speak the words, five humanoid sized shadows exploded from the cluster of pine trees! With the force of their departure they sent snapped branches and debris everywhere. Two of the mighty beasts attempted to knock Grog from Korgrom's back, but Grog was not new to combat the massive Orc quickly rolled off the back of the bear drawing his axe ready for a fight. The creatures surrounded the travelers nullifying any escape route, it was fight or die… running was not an option. The creatures stood around the average height of a human male, their bodies seemed to be created from a coal/earthen substance that shown a burnt black; their mouths leaked a green flame. They had no eyes. One of the creatures spoke.

“T-t-turn ba-a-a-ack… Orc, Or forfeit your-r-r-r… li-f-f-fe!”

The smell of sulfur was heavy in the air; Grog tightened his grip on his axe. Thamga let out a beastly roar as her body began to change, bones snapping flesh tearing as she took the shape of a large bear. Grog stomped his foot on the ground as it shattered and cracked in front of him, a booming sound rang out like that of thunder. The massive Orc let out a battle cry letting his rage take hold. Thamga wasted no time she quickly charged the one closest to her; she lashed out with two mighty swipes before finally clamping down on the creatures arm. The demon spawn let out a wail as the large bear bit its arm clean off! It gurgled and screamed as it slowly melted away into a sulfuric ash. Two of the shadowed demons lunged at Grog, but Grog had seen the maneuver many times before in his service to the Warchief. The massive Orc dropped low and came up hard catching both airborne demons on opposite ends of his axe. Grog sent the two shadowed figures sailing through the air with a hard flex of his arms. Thamga quickly reacted by swiping the two out of the air with a powerful swipe of her massive paw. The two creatures quickly sprang to their feet, mouths gaping as green liquid flame seeped freely upon the ground. The lead demon made its way for Grog; it hurled a large ball of fel magic at the Orc that sent Grog crashing into Thamga. The mighty Tauren druid was slammed had as Grog's massive body was hurled into her at blinding speeds, she fell prone and ceased movement. Thamga took short breathes trying to maintain consciousness. Grog roared with rage as he stood, bloodied by the attack. The creature motioned for the other creatures to move in for the kill. Sulfur and blood filled the air as the pack of demons closed in on Grog and Thamga, Korgrom stood growling prepared to defend his riders life. When all seemed lost a pair of emerald eyes flicked open in the shadows of the pine trees from which the creatures sprang.

“HALT!”

A voice called out but there was no mouth to speak the words, they seemed to come out of thin air.

“That is enough my minions, we have strict orders not to kill this greenskin just yet. However Grog, you will listen or we will end the life of your companion there. Yes the druid.”
Grog growled a low growl as he stood, ready for anything. Grog shouted back at the emerald eyes.

“You'll have to go through me first demon!”

The emerald eyes gave a chuckle.

“Cute Orc… Pathetic, but cute. No you pose little threat to me; however this is what I was ordered to do so it is what shall be done. Grogloki of the Horde, you will stop this foolish quest you have started. If you do not comply… the next time I will allow my pets here to rip you into tiny fel shreds.”

Grog snarled, his grip tightening on his axe. The leather around the axe handle groaning from stress.

“I do not fear you demon!”

The emerald eyes laughed again, this time a smiling fanged maw appeared under them.

“You are a pathetic creature aren't you… I mean look at you, Grog… You couldn't even protect one companion, should you gather more…. How do you intend to protect them all? Let alone their families, their friends. No you will stop now, or so help me… by my masters hand I will skin your pathetic little Orc corpse alive and sing a lament as you die screaming!”

The emerald eyes flicked shut, the sulfuric creatures sunk into the dirt with a drowning laughter that seemed to be carried on the wind. Grog stood for a moment to be sure the threat was gone. Thamga let out a groan of pain, she struggled to stand. Grog quickly put away his axe and motioned for Korgrom to carry on without them, the bear turned and walked on ahead. The massive Orc moved quickly over to Thamga, he lifted her one arm around his shoulder as he helped her walk. The two limped on to Camp Taurajo. The sun was setting, Grog quickly got Thamga to a resting place. He looked at her, the wounds of battle still fresh upon her aged body. Grog knew he had let her down, he shook his head.

“Forgive me Thamga, I have failed you. We haven't even been journeying for a whole day and already you stand bloodied and wounded…. Perhaps this was a foolish task for me to try and take on.”

Grog hung his shoulders as he moved towards the entrance to the large tent; Thamga stopped him before he could leave.

“Grog, I came knowing the risks involved. Those who will follow you know the risks, and they willingly accept them. This is a mighty task you take on, steady your heart show the people your courage they will follow. I will follow. Do not let this failure drag you down, we will carry on young Orc… we will carry on.”

Grog offered her fake smile.

“Thank you Thamga, you truly are wise.”

Thamga watched as Grog left the tent, the look of defeat surrounding him. He moved towards the large fire in the middle of camp where he sat down staring into the dancing flames. Thamga smiled to herself as she turned in towards the inner part of the tent where she would rest for their journey.

Korgrom offered a nudging muzzle against Grog's cheek, but the large Orc was in no mood for playing.

“Not now Korgrom, I am in no mood to play. I have thinking to do.”

Korgrom gave a sad grunt and trudged away into the camp where he plopped down to sleep for the night. Grog remained awake staring into the fire for long hours, his thoughts lingering on the voice of the emerald eyes. The words echoing through Grog's mind, where enough to keep him awake and oblivious to the wound on his right shoulder leaking life fluid. He hung his head low, and sung himself to sleep with songs of the great Grom Hellscreams victories in battle.
CHAPTER 2 (Voodoo in Booty Bay)

The pair arrived in Ratchet and departed for Boot Bay without incident, even with an oversized bear that happened to be afraid of water. Grog spoke with Thamga during the travels from Kalimdor to the Eastern Kingdoms about everything from religion to how the earth mother works her mysterious ways, though Grog still struggled to understand her Druidic ways. Korgrom remained in the hold where he occasionally threw up and groaned in displeasure as the ship rocked back and forth, he was a heavy bear and in his mind that meant one thing… sinking ship meant sinking bear, he groaned again before passing out.

It was a muggy hot day in The Bay, the moisture from the surrounding juggle created a sweat on almost all the windows in Booty Bay including the approaching ships. Grog wiped his window in his cabin to peer out at the wondrous pirate city, he smiled as he thought about all the interesting people he was about to meet. Thamga gathered her things as they prepared to depart after docking, Grog spoke.

“Thamga I will be going to the Blacksmith before I meet you at the Salty Sailor Inn.”

Thamga perked a brow.

“For what, a new set of armor?”

Grog shook his head as he neared the exit ramp.

“No. I have to place an order for materials; I need to acquire some plans for creating a weapon I would like to have forged for myself. If we are to fight these forces of evil I would have a weapon worthy of such a cause.”

Thamga nodded, though she did not fully understand the Orc's need for another weapon.

The sounds of gulls filled the air as Grog stepped off the ship in the Bay, Thamga sucked in a deep breath of fresh air; her first one in weeks. The smell of exotic spices filled the air as traders and merchants set up shop for the new day, a man stood at the end of the dock directing the on loading and off-loading of trade goods. Another man stood speaking with merchants about rare spices from the goblin isles, very rare indeed. Grog greeted many, though few returned the massive Orcs enthusiasms. The pirate city of Booty Bay was after all, a pirate city full of cut throats and shady figures. Booty Bay was a meeting hub for all the free-lance workers in Azeroth, Grog thought what better place to make Alliance friends. He figured since a lot of the Alliance forces came here for trade he might persuade a few to favor his cause. Thamga spoke.

“I will be at the Inn should you need me child.”

Thamga turned and made her way through the crowded city towards the Inn on the southernmost side of the Bay. Grog turned his attention towards the upper decking of the city; he was told by a bruiser that the man he was seeking resided there. The city was in full swing of its day. Thamga arrived at the Inn to find it overly crowded with people, but she found an open seat in the far corner across from the bar near the stairs. She moved to sit, as she did she noticed a female troll seated across the room alone in the corner. The female troll wore leathers and carried to well-placed swords, no doubt she knew how to use them. Thamga offered her a nod, through the passing bustle of people; the Troll responded with a similar motion having caught the small gesture. She stood and approached Thamga. The elder Tauren greeted her with a smile.

“Morning and you might be?”

The Troll spoke.

“Jus' call me Kat.”

The troll's accent was heavy when she spoke. Thamga nodded.

“I am Thamga child, come sit perhaps I know someone who would like to speak with you.”

Meanwhile Grog trudged his large frame through the city decking towards the upper tier, bumping into people and even forcing an overly large fat man off into the water. Grog whistled and went about his business, “attempting” not to draw attention to the fact that he almost towered over everyone. The massive Orc cracked a smile when he spotted the man he was seeking.

“McGavan!”

Grog shouted through the crowd. A human man enveloped by a forge glanced up from his work, his brow sweaty. He spoke.

“Grog?!... What in the hell are you doing here?”

The massive Orc smiled.

“Well when I heard of a little runt human making a killing off the saps in Booty Bay for cheap weapons, I figured it had to be you.”

The two stared for a long moment at each other, some of the crowd that was watching McGavan work began to back up expecting a fight. Instead the two erupted into laughter. McGavan spoke with a hearty chuckle.

“What the hell do you want now Grog?... Better yet what the hell are you doing here?”

Grog laughed for a moment before speaking.

“I would like you to draw me up some plans, I have an idea for an axe in mind and I thought of your craftsman ship when the idea first popped in my head. Plus I am here to make some new –friends-.”

McGavan motioned for Grog to step inside, the large Orc followed without question. The two of them laughed and spoke for hours as they drew up a rough copy of what Grog wanted created. In the meantime Thamga spoke with the female Troll and learned that she had one other who traveled with her, another which remained hidden for the time being. Thamga poked for answers.

“When can we speak with him?... Grog the Orc I told you about would very much like to meet the two of you.”

The Troll pondered a moment; she was cunning and was obviously looking for a trap.

“I dunno mon, maybe I be saying sumthin to him. When we be meeting this Orc named Grog?”

Thamga spoke again after clearing her throat.

“He should be along shortly; he had to stop by the smithy.”

Kat nodded as she drummed her fingers on the table top.

“I be goin to get da male I spoke of, we will meet this Grog. I will return shortly.”

Kat stood and moved towards the exit of the Inn, Thamga remained seated as she waited for Grog to return. Thamga thought about her home and those she left behind, and smiled as she quietly prayed to the earth mother.

Grog stood up his head almost hitting the ceiling, McGavan placed a hand on the table as he grasped the drawing.

“I should have a more professional drawing completed just give me a few days, the craftsmanship required to make this is second to none you know that right?... It will more than likely take three gifted blacksmiths to create such a wondrous item, not to mention an enchanter to enchant it.”

Grog nodded.

“I would expect nothing less of such a weapon. Thank you for your time McGavan it is always a pleasure.”

The human stood and offered a farewell handshake, Grog excepted with an open smile. The massive Orc made his way outside where he would rejoin the crowded decking of Booty Bay on his way to the Inn. Thamga yawned as the hours rolled by, just as she was about to fall asleep in her chair a familiar voice came.

“You wouldn't happen to be tired would you?”

The elder Tauren smiled as she lay eyes on a young Orc.

“Perhaps I was child, did you find what you were looking for Grog?”

Grog nodded as he sat. Thamga leaned across the table, Grog closed to distance to hear her speak.

“Grog I have met a wonderful woman by the name of Kat, she is a Troll and she is traveling with one other. She just left to retrieve him; I would suggest we wait outside for them. This noise could prove problematic for proper discussions.”

Grog smiled.

“That is good to hear Thamga, I would agree let us wait outside.”

Grog stood and waited for Thamga to stand. The elder Tauren stood shakily upon her staff as she made her way through the crowded room. Grog followed her pushing those too drunk to know what was happening out of her way. Just as the two exited the Tavern they spotted two Trolls in heated discussion outside of the Tavern. The two Trolls appeared to be arguing about something, when the male motioned to Grog. The Orc turned to Thamga.

“These wouldn't happen to be the Trolls, would they?”

Thamga nodded with a yes, Grog sighed as he approached the two.

“Greetings I am Grogloki leader of the Blood Bear Clan.”

The male Troll turned with a distained look on his face, he ignored the greeting and continued to speak harshly with the other Troll. The female Troll turned to greet Grog.

“I am Kat, dis be Bojan. We be wondering what dis cause of yours might be?”

Grog gathered himself.

“My Clan that I am currently forming will help to rid the world of demon kind. We will fight to protect the free people of Azeroth both Horde and Alliance alike.”

The male Troll shook his head, and then began speaking in their native language to Kat. She turned back to Grog.

“What be makin ya so special to lead dis Clan?... What you gonna do to prove to us ya be worthy?”

Grog spoke.

“I am no one special, I serve the Warchief. All I can say is that I am willing to sacrifice myself to save those innocent people of Azeroth who are too weak to defend themselves from the demonic forces of the Burning Legion. I will defend all those who join me with my life, those are the only guarantee's that I make to you today Kat.”

The male Troll finally spoke, breaking the conversation.

“I be havin leavin home for ma practices, I don be hurtin no innocents and still Orc be makin me leavin ma home. What you do bout my ways? What you do someone be threatening me for ma ways? Even if dey be da Orc people.”

Grog thought hard about what the Troll meant.

“Your –ways-… ? Explain if you could.”

Kat spoke up. She leaned in close to whisper to Grog.

“He be havin da voodoo.”

Grog's eyes widened.

“I see, you are one of –those-. Well so long as you do not harm an innocent life with your –ways- I will defend you against any foe. That I promise you.”

The male Troll nodded to Kat.

“Den we be happy joinin ya crew mon.”

Grog smiled as he extended his hand to both of the Trolls.

“It is my honor to welcome you into the Blood Bear Clan, as soon we have gathered enough people we will leave to perform the trials. After which you will be honor sworn Blood Bears.”

The Trolls looked at eachother and spoke as one.

“Trials?”

Grog glanced back at Thamga with a grin.

“They are to ensure you have the strength to carry on in our fight against the hordes of hell spawn. I warn you…. Prepare yourself, in the Trials you face death.”

The two trolls nodded, and welcomed the challenge. Grog smiled at their courage and honor in taking up the mantle of his cause, should they survive the Trials he would be honored to call them family. Grog motioned for the Trolls to follow him and Thamga inside.

“Come let us drink and talk, I wish to know about you.”

The group headed for the Tavern and a night of deep discussion before turning in and letting sleep take hold. While others rested easy Grog tossed and turned. A pair of emerald eyes flicked open high above Booty Bay; they sank down into Grog's room where they remained most of the night. The eyes enjoyed the sound of Grog in his troublesome sleep; a jagged grinning maw appeared under the eyes as they watched in pleasure. Grog was in a deep sleep, he flashed to a battle field far way hundreds lay dead around him. The sky was dark, and the air was thick with the smell of blood and burned flesh. Grog shifted helplessly in his sleep, the emerald eyes flared as the dream worsened. Grog glanced across the battlefield to see his father, he was mouthing something but it was too far to see. The massive Orc shouted to his father.

“Father!... Father!... I cannot hear your words!”

The image of his father grew smaller and smaller the closer Grog got to it, a hand grasped his shoulder; Grog spun around in fear of what it might be. He saw his mother standing with a smile that slowly turned to terror as her flesh began to blister and boil, she shrieked out a deafening scream as her flesh ignited in flame and began to slowly drip off the bone. Like trying to create a clay sculpture Grog struggled trying to replace the melted flesh of his mother upon her charred skeleton as he sobbed. His hands stained black and red from charred flesh and blood, Grog's rage began to take hold. He clenched his fist hard and roared skywards as an endless flame washed over him. Grog struggled in his bed, his blood up. He thrashed and smashed at anything and everything around him. In the dream Grog was being drug down by hordes of hell spawn, he thrashed, and clawed, and bit as sulfur fingers dug deep into his skin ripping it from his bones. With a jolt of lightning Grog awoke in bed, his body covered in sweat his knuckles bloodied. Grog had smashed the bed frame in his fitful sleep; he sat up thinking about his mother and father for the remainder of the evening. Meanwhile a pair of emerald eyes laughed high above Booty Bay…… (To be continued)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Legacy of Black's Drakes Zenethen 1 689 07-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Ghostlily
  Seregon: Legacy of Darkness Grogloki 1 705 01-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Last Post: ThePharaoh
  The Novalight-Ordonis Legacy ThePharaoh 1 786 04-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Last Post: ThePharaoh