The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Kidnapped: Encore
KIDNAPPED
A terrifying adventure.

[Image: 2lbgsbc.png]

A disclaimer:
Spoiler:
WARNING! I will be allowing some rather extreme and explicit behaviour during this RP event. The server rules still apply, but if you decide to partake within this event you need to be prepared for possible maiming, traumatic experiences as well as, in the worst case scenario, character death. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
... You've spent several days on this airship by now. You're hungry, you're cold, and worst of all... You're envious of the people down below. All this time you've spent on this ship, you needed to be alert. At least, that's what you've been told. Again, and again you've been told. A couple of days ago, you stopped counting the times when you'd just sit and stare at that sorry sod on the lower deck who called out for his favourite pet doggie in his dream-like state of awareness, not even acknowledging your presence. You'd questioned several times just what sort of substance it was that they gave these people. Sure made them look happy despite the circumstances, at least. It looked like a relief, considering there was little you could do to escape the biting cold or the hunger eating you away from within.

You feel sick. The airship rocks violently with a sudden gust of cold wind. To prevent your precious breakfast from coming back up, you slap your hand over your mouth to hold it in even as it presses against the backs of your teeth. You're used to it by now, and you stopped being disgusted by it a couple of days ago.

How long had you been here, really? How many nights had you spent in this ship? How odd, really...

You can't really remember. More than two. More than three. But you can't safely say if it's been a week just yet.

It almost feels like you're going in circles. There's been an awful lot of right turns lately. Your body sways as the ship takes another sharp turn to the right. You think it is, at least. One'd think there'd be at least one left turn on this journey. Strange, indeed. But... You can't really focus much on that. Your stomach growls loudly and quenches your thoughts, causing you to bend over and clutch your belly with a loud groan.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

EVENT SCENARIO
Roles and flavour.

[Image: 20kvsih.png]

There are two main roles to take on during Kidnapped. Either you are a Kidnapper, or you are a Victim. It's fairly simple, isn't it?
  • THE KIDNAPPERS. A kidnapper can be a person from any walk in life, really. Either you signed up for this adventure by answering an advert somewhere, or you were handpicked for other reasons. Your reason for being in on this thing is your own. Be it money, blackmail, sadistic interest... It depends on you as a player and your character. Kidnappers don't necessarily have to want to be in the seat they are now, but they might just as well! In either case, you're stuck with taking shifts on watching the prisoners and occasionally give them new dosages of that liquid you've been pumping them with for the past few days. In truth, you know very little of why you are here. Or how long you will have to be. Your only order right now is to take care of the prisoners while awaiting further directive from the higher ups. And for all you care, that next order better be coming soon!

THE VICTIMS. Anyone can become a victim. If you're unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, you are a potential victim. There are no requirements or limitations when it comes to shoving your character into this role, but you should keep in mind what the RolePlay might entail. Up to this point, you have known nothing else than the inside of your own head. The world around you is a constant blur of colours and pleasant thoughts. Most of the time, at least. You can't really differentiate between different states of mind right now. You're in a state you're not familiar with and your condition does not give you pause to question why, how or since when. It's like living a sick, vivid dream. And you want out. Now.

EVENT DETAILS
Other things to keep in mind.

[Image: sv451f.png]

On rules:
Spoiler:
For something like this to work out, we need established rules that I will expect everyone to follow for the duration of this event. I will put emphasis on some Server Rules as well since these will be extremely important.

Rules regarding IC interaction and the flow of events;
  1. Godmoding and Metagaming. Stay absolutely clear of these two words and everything they stand for during these events. Not only is it against the rules of our server, but it will completely ruin the purpose of the whole scenario. As a precaution, I will be taking to methods when sharing vital information that will make it extremely difficult to metagame, but I still expect people to avoid doing this if other players aren't as careful as I will be. To give everyone the best RP experience possible, please avoid these two words.
  2. Pay very close attention to your instructions, whenever they are given. These will likely give you clues as to what information you have laid your hands on, as well as help you keep track of your current condition. This will be vital for this scenario.
  3. Please, do not take your character out of the area where the RP is held unless absolutely necessary. This is to avoid complications whereas you cannot enter the area again or things like that. Therefor I ask you to consider this when choosing which character you wish to participate with. It will be locked in one place for the duration of this event and thus I recommend that you pick a character you won't suffer from setting aside for a period of time to solely take part in this.
  4. If I catch anyone leaving the area to RP elsewhere, I will most likely remove them from the event as a whole. If you intend to retcon your character's involvement and leave the area, please tell me beforehand or at least leave me a note on the forums or any of my characters (which can be found, listed on my page on the Wiki).
  5. If another player tells you to stop OOCly, then stop. I am going to allow some rather extreme IC behaviour during this, and I know that there is a rather large difference between player and player when it comes to how much you can take, even in an RP. Therefore, I want you to respect your fellow players when and if they tell you to stop whatever you're doing if it makes them feel uncomfortable. After all, we're in this because it's fun, and we don't want anyone to leave feeling that they were forced through something they didn't want to experience. NO ONE WILL EVER BE FORCED TO PARTICIPATE.
  • SIGNING UP. In order to sign up for this event, I need you to show your interest by sending me a PM. You can respond in here, too, of course... But I'd much rather get a PM from you stating the following; Character name, Character role, Character motivation for chosen role, and Any other information you may have for me. Please note that everyone sending me a PM BEFORE the 29th of October will get a piece of text sent to them the day before the event with a wee bit of personal information. An intrigue, which I dearly hope will be used to spice up the RolePlay. Anyone signing up / sending me a PM before that date will be assumed early participants while those who send me their PMs after the set date will be considered drop-ins. There won't be any real difference in terms of role and RolePlay between early and late sign-up, except you won't be getting that fancy PM back unless you send in your PM in time.

LATE ENTRIES? Certainly. If you weren't in the event from the beginning, there is always a possibility for your character to enter on either side (Kidnapper/Victim) during the event. HOWEVER, this will not be possible during one of the major happenings. Anytime before or after, late entries are fine provided there is someone present who can take you to the area and fill you in on any details necessary. Any late entries will be referred to this post first, and are required to read this through once to get a feel for what the event is all about. This is to prevent confusion that we, unfortunately, experienced during the first Kidnapped.

Keep in mind that I reserve the right to deny your sign-up PM, if I feel that there's something wrong with your character motivation for your chosen role.

----> A NOTE ON MAGIC! The area you will be in will have magical wards set up around it, preventing any sort of use of Arcane, Nature, Fel and Elemental magic. I don't know if I forgot any class, there, but my point is that pretty much only Divine magic will be functional within the warded area. And that is barely. A Divine caster (Priest/Paladin) will still have major difficulty successfully casting any sort of spell within the ward due to the disruptive nature of it, but it is possible to cast spells of the Divine class.

WHEN AND WHERE? The first week of November (1st to 7th) in the Ruins of Alterac. The very first happening in the event will occur on...

Monday, November the 1st
    Unfortunately, this is the date that works the best for me, since I don't have school.

Time: 2:00 PM / 14:00, Server Time
    (Use http://www.worldtimezone.com/ to match this with your own time-zone.)

Current roster:

KIDNAPPERS
    Isadorian Hearthstride (Loxmardin) [CAPTAIN]
    Wilhelm Grimsong (Binkleheimer)
    Iscaro Laveas (Vind101)
    Frishe Hassan-Haggar (Lynoa06)
    Volaire (Rigley)
    Nathaniel (Jason)
    Paul G. Wither (DaveM)
    Alun Nightsky (Incognito)
    Degor Eralihan (ForsakenSoul)
    Kimee Frostshackle (Nexi)
    Lazuri (Roxas65)
    Talian (ToxicFrozt)
    Kat Monroe (MrBubbles)
    Valmig (Wkeeley)
    Krilari Dawnsend (Krilari)
    Ligga (Danalthar)
    Mertice (Pletious)
    Daedal Sunweave (Daedal)

VICTIMS
    Ventus (Avitz)
    Kevon (Pletious)
    Nirle Whipslash (aroes)
    Bruce Rainbows (Wuvvums)
    Tavren Black (LostStranger)
    Bah (vovve7)
    Syrus Usain (Jacula)
    Harold "Rhett" Plaguerat (Haim)
    Xigo (Xigo)
    Baydok (Delta)
    Bailey Manaspike (Miah)
    Tzekel (Hawk)
    Shakaar (MrBubbles)
    Castella (Xigo)
    Karast (Renae)
    Leonard Airslicer (arkandrews)
    Remi Fallstar (Moodz)
    Tharnul Arinae (Judgernaut)
Updated the roster with the people who've signed up so far.

Mind, it would help me greatly if you could keep track of the roster and mind the other people on both teams. If your character have any previous relations to characters on either side that I'm not aware of, you are encouraged to send me a PM about it. This would give me more material to use for intrigues. :3
I thought it'd be a good idea to write a post regarding IC rules that you will be expected to abide by, and what sort of repercussions any violations of these rules might have. Consider these guidelines, as you will have been told of these conditions upon stepping onto the airship at the very beginning of this adventure. Your character and you, as the player, is expected to, at all times, be aware of the terms and conditions of their current position and task.

KIDNAPPERS; TO KEEP IN MIND.
  • AT ALL TIMES; FOLLOW ORDERS. This should be fairly obvious and self-explanatory. But... You are here by order of someone else. Someone you know next to nothing about except for the fact that they call themselves the "Employer". If you are a returning Kidnapper, you would recognize this name and know of the terms and conditions from before. You are expected to follow the orders given to you and you should never, under any circumstances, put yourself up against the messenger of the Employer. Whenever they come by to give you new directives, you are expected to follow said directives. If you do not, there will be severe repercussions in the form of physical wounding and, possibly, death. Depending on your own circumstances, the punishment may vary. (If someone dear to you is present, you can expect them to be involved in the case of your own violation.)
  • DO NOT MORTALLY WOUND THE PRISONERS. You are supposed to keep them alive. Do whatever you want with them (unless other directives have been specifically given at the time) as long as it would not risk their lives. You are supposed to hold them until you receive further orders from higher up and keep yourselves and them alive. If you, in any way, are involved in the death of a prisoner when it has not been specifically requested by a higher body, you will be executed.
  • NEVER TURN AGAINST YOUR FELLOW ASSOCIATES. You are expected to work together with your associates. Do not start a fight. Do not undermine the work of your fellow workers. Undermining the work of your fellow associates will undermine the whole operation. Any violations discovered will be punished depending on circumstances. (Again, expect any dear ones on the site to suffer for your actions.)
  • DO NOT ASSOCIATE WITH THE PRISONERS UNLESS YOU ARE CARRYING OUT DISCIPLINARY SANCTIONS. This is fairly simple and rather obvious. You are expected to keep your interaction with the prisoners non-personal. Your relationship with the prisoners should and will not affect the execution of orders.
  • IF YOU ARE PRESENT DURING A RIOT, EXPECT TO BE INVOLVED. If you are present during a riot and reinfocements are called in to quench it, you will be caught in the crossfire. You will be included in any punishment handed to the prisoners.
  • WHEN YOU ARE PUNISHING A PRISONER, YOU DO IT BEFORE THE REST. You are not allowed to take the prisoner with you away from the dungeons unless you bring the rest of the pack with you. All punishments have to be watched by the victim's fellow prisoners and the associates of the executor of the punishment. Either you carry out the punishment before the cell, or you do it elsewhere and transport the rest of the prisoners along and force them to watch. Violations, if discovered, will be met with severe punishment.
  • IF YOU ARE DEEMED UNTRUSTWORTHY... You may be thrown into the dungeons with the prisoners. You will be branded and you will be robbed of your privileges as an employee at the site and for a couple of hours, you are left at the mercy of your fellow prisoners and your former associates.

In the case of the Victims... You will not be following certain rules, but there are a couple of things you should keep in mind as a prisoner. Repercussions and possibilities.

VICTIMS; TO KEEP IN MIND.
  • IF YOU CAUSE A RIOT, DO NOT ACT SURPRISED. This happened several times during the last Kidnapped event. The prisoners caused riots close to every single day. Several times. The same degree of mercy that was shown the last time will hardly be shown this time around. If you assist in the upbringing of a riot, you will be punished for it and you should not act surprised if your character is severely harmed or, in the worst of cases, killed. The possibility looms over you at all times, so keep it in mind. Do you and your character want to stay alive, then do not do anything stupid. In Character Action = In Character Consequence.
  • THINK TWICE BEFORE TRYING TO ESCAPE. There will be collective punishment in case of escape attempts that fail. And, if you somehow manage to succeed, there will be severe punishments awaiting those who you leave behind.

(Yes, I like colours.)
Current balance:
Kidnappers: 18 - Victims: 18

Also, I would like to note that it's a-okay to post in this topic. Asking questions, commenting, offering suggestions... Whichever. Because it's totally fine if you help me bump this topic hurr hurr hurr
Given the number of victims, have you considered dividing them into more than a single cell?
There is actually only one proper "cell" in the area, which is a rather large cellar. At this rate, I don't think the size of it will be a problem. o:
If we have a shortage on kidnappers, I'll sign Mertice up. Motivation will be money.

EDIT: Scratch that. He'll join in with Kimee.
I would love to be apart of this in anyway I could. Not sure How active I could be due to my schedual but I would make my best effort to join before and after work to add however I can. As a Kidnapper I could request Sanguis, insane nationalist warlock who is a sadist and twisted scientist.

Or any of my other chars as victims. Missed the first one, and am looking forward to this one.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
Ligga for kidnapper! Ligga for kidnapper!
I have two questions:

Firstly, are non-accepted characters allowed?

And second, what times are we looking at? Is this over one sesion, or a number of days?
Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence.
  • Peons may join.

• As the information given will tell you, it will go on through November 1st to November 7th.
ThePharaoh Wrote:Or any of my other chars as victims. Missed the first one, and am looking forward to this one.

It would be sort of interesting to kidnap Jidaeo just to add to his paranoia for later. Hurr durr. x3

Also...

I know I said that posting here would be alright as well,
but please send me PMs with the requested information when signing up!

Especially if you're signing up before the 29th of October!

EDIT: Oh, and it's okay to play more than one character in the scenario, if you feel you can handle it.
UPDATE!

The event has been pushed back three hours,
which means the event will start at 2 PM instead of 5 PM (Server Time).

This is due to popular request.
I hope this does not cause further inconvenience.
I had a question. I could understand those getting kidnapped being stripped of their weapons and gold. Can they be allowed to keep something on them though, so long as it's harmless and no one tries to Macgyver up an escape from it?

In my example say a character had on them a romance novel, and they passed the time trying to mentally overcome the kidnapping by reading this book, and it becomes precious. Or another character has a harmonica, or someone has a pencil in paper. In my case I figured I'd have a bag of chalk. Would these things be allowed?
Wuvvums Wrote:I had a question. I could understand those getting kidnapped being stripped of their weapons and gold. Can they be allowed to keep something on them though, so long as it's harmless and no one tries to Macgyver up an escape from it?

In my example say a character had on them a romance novel, and they passed the time trying to mentally overcome the kidnapping by reading this book, and it becomes precious. Or another character has a harmonica, or someone has a pencil in paper. In my case I figured I'd have a bag of chalk. Would these things be allowed?

I've given this some thought, and I've decided not to allow even the smallest of possessions. While, in many cases, kidnappers want to keep their prisoners sane... That is not the case with these ones. You will be stripped of all your belongings when you are transferred to the cell, and given new rags for clothing that's only enough to keep you warm enough to survive.

Two days left 'til the Intrigue Sign-Up ends!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kidnapped 6: Dog Pen Loxmardin 239 35,416 07-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Kidnapped: 5-Ever Loxmardin 141 21,486 10-27-2012, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Kidnapped: 4 Srs Loxmardin 235 34,247 04-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Clurk
  Kidnapped: Third Time's The Charm (06-26-2011 - 11:00 PM GMT+1) Loxmardin 54 9,442 07-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Reese