The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Kidnapped 6: Dog Pen
KIDNAPPED 6: Dog Pen

[Image: 5ohyfc.jpg]

Monday, June 24th to Sunday, July 7th

Time: 2:00 PM / 14:00, Server Time
(Use http://www.worldtimezone.com/ to match this with your own time-zone.)

Place: Master's Cellar (Cave), outside Karazhan

There was a foul stench in the air.

It stung deep in her nostrils as she took a good look around. She knew this place and she would have plenty of time to get to know it better; she knew that, too. She knew the spiderwebs draping down from the ceilings, and she knew the moisture that stubbornly clinged to the cold, stone walls. She knew the dripping in the nearby pond, with its never ending drip-drip-drop and -- most importantly -- she knew exactly what she was going to do with all of it.

The plan had been in motion for several months already and it was nearing such completion that it could be executed. Soon, soon, she thought to herself while letting the putrid smell of the old and unused cavern intoxicate her. It was thrilling. So much that it sent shivers up her spine and she could barely contain her anticipation, running her fingers along the stone pillar's column and leaving blank trails in the moisture that coated it. Before her eyes danced the shadows of a possible future and she couldn't help herself as her tongue ran across her already wet lips.

Pulling a wicked smirk, her eyes fell on the woman next to her. Expectantly, she stared back.

"Find me some sheep."

::: What is Kidnapped?

It's that time again. For those of you who haven't participated in Kidnapped before, it's an event chain that's gone strong for a few years now on CotH with the first event kicking off the ground as early as 2010. Since then, I've ran four more of these events and while there's been bouts of drama and unpleasantries in the OOC and IC environment, overall... People've had a good time and a lot of players have taken something good from the events to apply to their characters and future roleplay.

Kidnapped is essentially an event designed to force people together. I came up with the idea back when I was a fresh little GM in the days of my... CotH youth, so to speak. Since then I guess it's caught on, seeing as every event draws a significant crowd and absorbs most of the RP on the server for its duration. I've heard that the concept has been used on other servers as well, and I'm not sure if they were inspired by me or not. I'm going to go ahead and feel a bit flattered, either way. ... Moving on...

The concept of Kidnapped is to snatch a bunch of different kinds of people from all walks of life and put them in the same restricted area with a common threat looming about the outside, keeping them in place. They are forced to interact with eachother, for good and bad, and these are usually people who ICly would've otherwise had no reason whatsoever to meet or interact in any sense prior to being involved in the event. The idea, when it started, was to be a catalyst for character development and finding new RP connections on the server. I believe it has been largely successful despite it's various bumps and setbacks. I mean, Kidnapped 4 and 5 still hold the highest view- and postcounts in the Event Planning forum... ;)

... And I'm running another one. Hopefully people'll enjoy it this time, too.

[Image: 2wmh0qo.jpg]

::: The special rules of Kidnapped.

WARNING! Participating in this event means putting the health of your character at risk. There is no true guarantee that your character will walk out with sanity, limbs or their life, depending on their actions throughout the course of the event. Character Death will always be a last resort, but nonetheless a significant threat to be considered and accounted for. If you are OOCly more sensitive to certain kinds gore, subjects or even certain triggers, you may wish to reconsider your participation (or speak to Loxmardin ahead of time). YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

The In-Game Rules

I'll be reverting to the old magic-suppressing rules of Kidnapped in order to keep things consistent and to enforce the consequences of character actions in this one. Besides, there's a certain charm to being powerless when you're used to having your magic to protect you. So, the rule for magic during this Kidnapped is simple: None. There will be no use of any kind of magic during Kidnapped, and I won't try to explain how this is possible. Many things are possible within the WoW universe and we already know that some classes are capable of Anti-Magic feats, so the NPCs behind this event will be more than capable of nulling out any casting to render all magic useless and it's users powerless. This is very important to remember, if you intend to take part in the event. No magic. Zilch. Period. (Worgen will be able to enter the event in their Human forms or their Worgen forms, whichever they are captured in. If you are captured in Human form, however, and your shift is triggered somehow emotionally, you will be unable to shift back to a Human. The Human form is the more unstable one and can be disabled the normal way, but not transformed back into once you transition into your Worgen form.)

On the bright side, however, there will be no presence of collars this time around. At least not from the start. Whether collars will sneak their way into the event later or not is entirely up to the Player Characters and their actions throughout the event.

Regarding IC enforcement. There will be NPCs, like I've mentioned further down in this post, that'll keep the characters in check for the most part. They won't be visible all the time, but you'll definitely know when they're around. They'll be played by DMs/GMs as required and will be there for flavour, fun and games, and fairness and adherence to the rules of the event and the server. Keep them in mind and respect them when they come around. Like with past Kidnapped events, don't expect to be free of consequence when you attack or defy an enforcer NPC.

The OOC Rules

MUST READ. Simply click the Spoiler open.
Spoiler:
  • 1. Godmoding/Metagaming/Powergaming
    These three will be especially cracked down upon during Kidnapped. When playing in the event, make sure you always play fair. Play according to your character, but give everyone a fair chance to play theirs as they should be played without hogging the spotlight to yourself, speaking for others or always putting yourself on top. Never assume you know the limits of another player's character and never assume you know anything about them ICly unless you've been given express permission beforehand or can back your claims up with actual events. In essence, just be a good sport. It's for your own enjoyment, as well as everyone else's.

2. Respect personal boundaries
    Some players aren't okay with certain things. Where some don't really mind grittier themes and subjects ICly or OOCly, others will. If you know that you're entering into a "gray zone", check with the player first if the direction you're going in is actually alright with them. No player will be forced to partake in any nature of roleplay that they're not comfortable with. (Granted, I do encourage players to think twice about participating if they're especially sensitive to certain subjects.)

3. The server rules
    All the server rules apply. This needn't really be said, but I nevertheless included it here for special emphasis. You can find the server rules and policies here, and here. Give them a glance-over. It never hurts to rehearse them once in a while.

4. Troublemakers
    I reserve the right to remove especially troublesome players from the event. If their presence isn't healthy for the continuation of the event or the other players in it for whatever reason, I will and can remove them forcefully. The intentional spawning of drama is a good enough cause for me to kick someone out. Past being the DM of the event, it's also my duty to intervene as a Game Master if the social environment gets poisonous for the players present. Do not bring drama to the event, unless it's strictly In Character.

5. Feeding the drama-llama
    If something's about to get heated in the OOC channels surrounding the event, don't pitch in. Instead, kindly suggest that the argument is moved to a more private channel or notify the present DMs if they aren't currently aware of the conflict (either through whispers or through Skype, if they aren't available in-game). Let the DMs handle the situation, unless the players can sort it out themselves. Drama has the ugly habit of getting worse if more people butt their heads in, so it's better to leave it to the DMs and those directly involved. Add on to the argument in private, or not at all.

6. Letting things slide
    In order to let the event flow smoothly and with as few interruptions as possible, refrain from commenting on questionable behaviour or content unless absolutely necessary (in the case of a rule breach, for example). Discussions surrounding something's validity are better saved for later, lest they halt and kill any RP going on and sour the mood of the participants. Kidnapped is a great opportunity for players to learn to "let things slide". You can take the discussion later if it's truly worth discussing; for now, leave it be and play along! It'll be more fun for everyone. If there's an issue, however, whisper the DMs and express your concerns and they may deal with it as they see fit.

7. Character Warnings
    Character Warnings are give-and-take. As per server policy, a Character Warning is issued any time your character may inflict harm of a significant magnitude upon another player's character. The Warning is issued to give the other player a chance to back out of the situaton and reconsider their actions in case they had something else in mind for their character. If the player changes their mind and no Character Warning was issued, the case falls in their favour. If they submit to the Warning, however, there's no turning back (but that doesn't mean their characters are automatically submitted to whichever fate you had in store). Whenever you give a Character Warning, however, you automatically submit yourself to a Warning of the same severity. All in the name of fairness. If you attempt to inflict serious injury or death on someone else, expect them to fight back. Give and take. (Notably, if a situation has called for a Character Warning and it has a chance to kill you, you will be granted no retcons if you knowingly walk straight into that situation. Your actions WILL have consequences, so please be sure you know what the Character Warning entails before you proceed.)

8. Submit your character
    When you sign your character up to the event, please commit to keeping the character strictly inside of the event. If I see you slipping off to RP somewhere else while the event is still going on, I will most likely remove you from it altogether. If you want to remove your character from the event or the area for whatever reason, please notify me (Loxmardin) through a PM on the forums first so I'm aware of your withdrawn participation. Furthermore, be especially mindful of submitting characters to the event that have storylines depending on them since anything can happen in Kidnapped. When the character is submitted to Kidnapped, storylines on the outside aren't going to be taken into account when enforcing consequences, no matter how harsh.

9. Avoid leaving the area
    Once the event starts, do not leave the event area. This is to avoid inconsistencies and complications for yourself and your fellow players. If you need to take care of other business, it is best to simply switch characters if possible.

10. Outrageous behaviour
    When your character acts outrageously In Character, there will be repercussions for it. This is the only time you will be exempt from the rule of consent and Character Warnings. If your character steps out of their way to cause trouble to draw the ire of those present, your character will be punished appropriately either by the NPCs present or the other Player Characters in his company.

[Image: fkb29d.jpg]

::: Participating in Kidnapped.

This Kidnapped is going to be different from the rest of the series. Namely, there'll only be one faction and no other. No guards this time around. Mind-boggling, isn't it? This time, all of the participants are going to be captives in one way or another. All of you were snatched from somewhere in your lives, using various different methods and people to pluck you from your different walks of life and places in the world(s). This Kidnapped is returning closer to its roots and the original idea I had for the very first one back in 2010, so it's taking a whole new spin this time around. Still a bunch of kidnapped people, but no outside menace except for a number of NPCs that you'll have limited interaction with. This time, all the threats will be coming from within. Social discord, conflict and betrayal.

Who gets Kidnapped? Anyone, really. From living to undead, and spread between the wide variety of character classes. The area has been tailored in such a way that any kind of character will be able to be tossed in and enjoy the event, though my personal recommendation would be to stick to living characters simply because the undead tend not to have the same emotional response to what's going on. (And, whoever's behind the kidnappings would most likely prioritize the living.) You may still submit undead characters (Forsaken and Death Knights) as you wish, though keep in mind that they might not draw the same kind of development from the event as a whole. It depends on the character, of course!

How to Sign Up / Join

Joining the event is actually fairly simple this time around. You take the application form I'll provide a little further below and you PM it to me (Loxmardin) on the forums, titled "Kidnapped" or something similarly obvious so it's easier for me to organize the applications in my PM inbox. You may sign up all the way to the start of the event as I won't be writing any intrigues this time around (but I may write a flavour post at some point). Late entries are also permitted provided new applicants take the time to read this post and send in a new application of their own so that every participant goes through the same process and gives appropriate tribute to the DMs when joining.

Due to the restricted space in the event area and for the sake of fluidity in the In Character storyline, I would advise against submitting multiple characters to the event. I would rather a player focus more on a single character and further their development to get the most of the event and the interactions with other characters. If you really want to play more than one character and feel you can handle it (fingers crossed), feel free to submit more than one application (one per character).

There is no Player limit.

The Application Form

Spoiler:
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] (Your character's full name and Alias, if it has one.)
[b]Race/Class:[/b] (Your race/class combination.)

[b][u]Character Description:[/u][/b] (A summary of your character on about five lines at the bare minimum.)

[b][u]The Capture:[/u][/b] (How do you imagine your character was taken? Under which circumstances would your character be weak, alone, or otherwise a likely target for abduction? Any enemies who would want to get rid of you? Any debts you had to pay? Who put the dagger in your back? This is purely for your own sake and flavour.) [OPTIONAL]

[u]Event Content[/u]
[b]Preferences:[/b] (If there's anything you'd like your character to suffer through or anything you'd think was really cool if your character got to experience once in his/her life, state so here. This information is then passed on to DMs as deemed appropriate so they can do their best to help you realize these scenarios for your character.)
[b]Reservations:[/b] (If there's anything you don't want to subject yourself or your character to during the event, say so now. This information will then be passed out to the DMs so they know what's okay to who.)

[Image: 4l2iwi.jpg]

::: The already Kidnapped.

Tyestus Fireweave (Stealthscout)
Joseph Einarr (Noble)
Bah'tahu Shorthorn (Edgar)
Dalariel il Salenaas (Aethon)
Wuvvums Fizwizzle (Wuvvums)
Norell Rocketpunch (Mathias)
Marquin Latress (Theredy42)
Geoni (Geoni)
Elsamina Hunter-Colemann (ImagenAshyun)
Mokaku (Hawk)
Aphetoros Zin-Anduth (Aphetoros)
Roux Blackwood (c0rzilla)
Nessari of the Auchenai (Rosencrat)
Kalai (Aruk)
Sadron Silentsong (Sadron)
Thun'tuk Frostslayer (JTJP770)
Bedlam (LostStranger)
Nikolisko Petrovski (Nikolisko)
Jo Allard (Yandere)
Sam Astralgear (Delta)
Maeia di Silvio (CappnRob)
Surthak Flameblade (Grakor456)
Andra (Krilari)
Seda Artec (Rigley)
Keira Leafwind (maarten777)
Akhita (Loxmardin)
Bulin Bulinson (FlyingSquirrel)
Rekka'nar Stormslayer (JVNemesis)
Toriidae Sunfire (Xigo)
Mava Shadowstep (McKnighter)
Rofupi Sprogglegyro (Krent)
Siara Sunstar (Scout)
Emra Rendbolt (Reigen)
Allan Frostnova (Whorak)
Lilian Thayne (Errata)
Thalvin Menshill (Jonoth)
Voragh Angermaw (Sol)
Ketkos Steelfist (aroes)
Avira Strak (Erynn)
Ardanna Kiljonnae (Loxmardin)
Amalys Novalight (Rini)
Alassae Starleaf (Lendri)
Linevi Duskfeather (Rowgen)
Aiden Halworth (Piken)
Rezzak Gutripper (Bitlordman)
Nearin Mourningstar (Nightharrow)
Teztez (Spiky)
Pleasant Tripp (Geoni)
Irogh (Ural)
Lovar'thil Dire'belore (SachikoMaeda)
Mayla Dreamsong (Dilly)
Kendrew Dreadbraids (Scar)
Bineer (mimloopen)
Zernzaz (ProjectRandom)
Malorida (mickspider)
Katlyn Toussaint (MstrCorvus)
Balius Duskstrider (Cerb57)
Jiro (Vrahn)
Buxle Phlogiston (PurgatoryDuck)
Clovis Briarthorn (Clovis)
Dezi Fizwizzle (ThePharaoh)
Volner Aregar (Mezrin)
Rahirn (Stealthscout)
Nere'ija (Moose)
Hurann (A2headedcrab)
Katzine (Kreah)
Lester Graham (Kimaira)
Bojan (Graros)
Nheta (Graros)
Anski Solarclaw (Anski)
Every dog has his day.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Now, to send Hrodebert, Maeia, or Mathieu...

Or Henry I guess. :|
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
There we go. Updated the roster with the first applicants in the order the applications have come in. (Myes. Lambs to the slaughter.)

To note, I also updated rules 7 and 8 in the OOC rules section, so people should take a gander at those. I also added a bit about Worgen transformations in the in-game rules section at the end of the paragraph regarding the magic-blockage.
Man, that's a really bad time for me- my big sis's birthday and one of her best friends (and someone I totally enjoy hanging with) coming to visit during the event. :/

If plans change though, I still might enter with my mute Tauren, just to give her some exposure to the world outside Thunder Bluff and Orgimmar. I do like her, she's just... quiet.
I haven't been able to make -one- kidnapped event. Not for nearly four years now... And it looks like I won't be breaking that trend any time soon. I'll be out of the country then. :C
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
You need to stop being away when I run events, Belth. :c
Also, as a sidenote...

I do want to discourage characters who've participated in the Kidnapped event chain previously. I won't forbid them, but I think the experience could be pretty rewarding for a new character who won't recognize the event patterns. And, admittely, it takes away a little bit of the punch if people at the start of the event start going off about "OH, I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON" who've been there previously.

Granted, things won't be exactly the same this time around, but still.
Huh. The population isn't 50% blood elf.

That's new.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
... I am SO mad right now. I'm going to miss the first week of this because of my early shift at work. All of my rage.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
3 Blood Elves (Tyestus, Celonia, Dalariel)
2 Worgen (Joseph, Marquin)
1 Tauren (Bah'tahu)
1 Night Elf (Bananor)
3 Goblins (Wuvvums, Norell, Geoni)
1 Human (Elsamina)
1 Troll (Mokaku)

A pretty nice spread between the races so far.
Orcs too good to get kidnapped.

Or something.
*waves Horde banner energetically*
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Quote:(Worgen will be able to enter the event in their Human forms or their Worgen forms, whichever they are captured in. If you are captured in Human form, however, and your shift is triggered somehow emotionally, you will be unable to shift back to a Human. The Human form is the more unstable one and can be disabled the normal way, but not transformed back into once you transition into your Worgen form.)

Made that update to the Worgen transformations in the OP.

*steeples fingers*

I will be using this against you.
brb kil'shi being kidnerps

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kidnapped: 5-Ever Loxmardin 141 21,486 10-27-2012, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Kidnapped: 4 Srs Loxmardin 235 34,247 04-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Clurk
  Kidnapped: Third Time's The Charm (06-26-2011 - 11:00 PM GMT+1) Loxmardin 54 9,442 07-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Reese
  Kidnapped: Encore Loxmardin 39 7,317 11-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Deoblo138