The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Zandalar's lack of Troll accent?
I'm making a Troll that's from the Zandalar tribe. Since they have made contact with the Horde, and considered what the Horde (and the Alliance) had done for them about that whole Blood God business, I figured it could make sense to want to run with "stronger" people. I have a bit of confusion though: their accent.

When you talk to the Zandalar Trolls, their text dialogue has absolutely no sign of Troll accent. They speak as if they are talking in Common/Orcish. The only exception is one Troll woman named Maywiki of Zuldazar, and possibly one other. What I want to know is...do the Zandalars simply lack this Troll accent? Or would my Troll simply have less of one?
Characters
------------
Spoiler:
Mika Mistwalker
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." ~James Baldwin

Miruka Moonshroud
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Belaria Arrowthorn
"Few love to hear the sins they love to act." ~William Shakespeare

Sylir Manasworn
"Everything is perfect in the universe, even your desire to improve it." ~Wayne Dyer

Nana'li Flametongue
"There is only one passion, the passion for happiness." ~Denis Diderot

Calanon Sunfeather
"Our own heart, and not other men's opinion, forms our true honor." ~Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Amabael of the Frozen Wind
"Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last." ~Samuel Johnson

Nia Sunstone
"Duty cannot exist without faith." ~Benjamin Disraeli

Arilyn Shadewhisper
"Absolute silence leads to sadness. It is the image of death." ~Jean Jacques Rousseau

Gwyneira Porter
"Death is the veil which those who live call life; They sleep, and it is lifted." ~Percy Bysshe Shelley

Ishani
"Peace if possible, but truth at any rate." ~Martin Luther

Azure Palenix
"I carry from my mother's womb a fanatic's heart." ~William Butler Yeats
Do you think it's their voices?

On the server before there have been a mixup in voice files. For example, there were these orc Peons that would use the same voice as this one NPC in Blackwing Lair(Let the games begin!).
Oft-times in quest texts and all, they don't use accents.
Make it easier for players to understand or so.
Sorry to say this but we can only play Jungle Trolls. Zandalar Trolls are, in fact, not Jungle Trolls. The trolls from the Zandalar Tribe are actually the Trolls which all the others evolved from.
Aw...oh well. Thanks for letting me know.
Characters
------------
Spoiler:
Mika Mistwalker
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." ~James Baldwin

Miruka Moonshroud
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Belaria Arrowthorn
"Few love to hear the sins they love to act." ~William Shakespeare

Sylir Manasworn
"Everything is perfect in the universe, even your desire to improve it." ~Wayne Dyer

Nana'li Flametongue
"There is only one passion, the passion for happiness." ~Denis Diderot

Calanon Sunfeather
"Our own heart, and not other men's opinion, forms our true honor." ~Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Amabael of the Frozen Wind
"Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last." ~Samuel Johnson

Nia Sunstone
"Duty cannot exist without faith." ~Benjamin Disraeli

Arilyn Shadewhisper
"Absolute silence leads to sadness. It is the image of death." ~Jean Jacques Rousseau

Gwyneira Porter
"Death is the veil which those who live call life; They sleep, and it is lifted." ~Percy Bysshe Shelley

Ishani
"Peace if possible, but truth at any rate." ~Martin Luther

Azure Palenix
"I carry from my mother's womb a fanatic's heart." ~William Butler Yeats
"The Zandalar tribe has come to Yojamba Isle in the effort to recruit help against the resurrected Blood God and his Atal'ai priests in Zul'Gurub and the Temple of Atal'Hakkar. The Zandalar tribe includes members of the Zandalar troll and jungle troll races.[citation needed]"

Sounds like you can play a jungle troll from the Zandalar tribe.
Currently, there is citation needed for that so, it's not exactly very trustworthy. Among the known members, there is not one instance of a Jungle Troll within the tribe and, on the area where it says 'Race(s)' is simply says 'Zandalar Trolls'.
True.

However, the rules for non-playable races says:

"1. A race/faction has to be able to feasibly blend-in with one of the player factions. This rules out races like the Dark Iron Dwarves, the Leper Gnomes, and most non-Jungle Trolls, as they are clearly visible for what they are and would generally be kill-on-sight. "

I think we mostly used Darkspear Trolls and Jungle trolls as a blanket statement because that covered most all of the ones that could join the Horde without being kill-on-sight. While Zandalar trolls are as large as ice trolls, I am not sure if they would be KoS to the Horde. They haven't shown themselves to be hostile to either faction, so perhaps a Zandalar would be allowed on that premise.
The Zandalar are a neutral faction, that's true. Playing one, however, would probably involve a special profile though seeing as it is a race which we are currently unable to play.
I agree with wuvvums, zandalar come off very similar to jungle trolls.
Pain is an illusion.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Overdoing an accent? Nymus 30 5,145 09-26-2013, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Draczar
  Lack of Tauren RP Stormgald 23 5,127 09-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Caravan