The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Lack of Tauren RP
I am about to make an attempt to remedy this.

Some of you may be saying: "Ohplz, ther plenti Tauren RPz!" Wrong, there is little to none.

Anyway, so I have this idea. You know? Like, a Guild... Maybe like, a Tauren one...

Yes!

So this idea that has been swirling around in my head is a Tauren Tribe. I have seen and made attempts at this in the past, but for some reason people don't like Tauren never seemed too interested.

I was wondering if anyone is willing to start one up with me post-restart? I already have a pretty firm basis as to what I would want it to look like, although I am certainly going to eat you if you post your ideas open to suggestions.

The idea is pretty basic for a Tauren Tribe, I suppose. Lead by a Chieftain (myself, ofc. /flex.) However, everyone is essentially equal. Members who wish to be Tribal Warriors will undergo a quest (possible use of GHI, tings'o'dat sort) to slay a certain beast or something not so dissimilar. If the member returns successfully with a trophy, he/she will be inducted into the Tribe via a Spiritual Blood Oath. In this way the member will not only bind themselves to the Tribe, but also become Blood Brothers/Sisters.

The Tribe's goals are simple, peace, but only true peace is achieved through war.

The ranking system will be simple as well, not too complicated:

Chieftain: The Tribal Leader.

Elder: Spiritual advisers for the Tribe.

Warlord:
-------------Warlords/Vanquishers work closely with the Chieftain on battle plans and help maintain order within the tribe. There will usually only be one of each.
Vanquisher:

Warrior: The Tribesmen/women.

The idea of the 'Vanquisher' and 'Warlord' is not to be bigger and stronger than everyone else, but to take on more responsibility. The same goes for Elders.

The idea behind the 'Warrior' rank is similar to that of Sparta. Everyone in the Tribe is tough, hardened and willing to fight for their people.

/shrug

Oh, and also. Every member of the tribe is expected to wear a traditional kilt. Lack of kilt is seen as disrespectful. The kilt design/color is solely up to the player, so you get some freedom. :D Only certain ceremonies will require kilts. This idea came off a little strong anyway, hmph.

P.s. Sorry for the scattered nature of this post. I hope it wasn't too difficult to understand. Also, remember I am open to suggestions! Especially if you are willing to join!

Chieftain Muyoh Wolftotem - Chieftain of the Wolftotem Tribe
I'm pretty much sure tauren society is made up of the Chieftain, the elders, the hunters and then the weapon/armor/building handyman.

And besides, there aren't so many people on the server, despite what one would think. And you know the taurens are not a very liked raced, from -some- reason.

Anyways, my tauren would have loved to enter the guild, but he's ICly trying to rebuild his tribe. Or is gonna start trying.
I have a big derp Gramsha that can serve as comic relief, though he is a softie even though he's fridging huge. With his dumbness, he could join in without realizing what is happening.
If you want to make spark a lasting interest in tauren roleplay that is -inviting- to the tauren characters and players around, then do -NOT- make a tribe! Imagine the big step for a tauren to change tribes all of a sudden and the even greater trouble when the guild dies down again and they will be left with being the only one part of the guild, regretting joining or outright retconning the whole thing. Essentially a tribe requires -new- taurens, not old characters, which would be the one you want to gather.
Yes, tribes are nice and an easy and basic concept, but not a suitable one for taurens on CotH.

I would suggest a group more in line of a hunting pack that take it upon their self to strengthen the borders of taurenland or a tauren equivalent of an elite band of soldiers. The more extreme and not as openly inviting suggestions would be a cult, which perhaps takes their shamanism to a more extreme or one that are utterly devoted to the Great Hunt (like my first CotH-character).

I love tauren and have two of them, would love to see some more life among the bovine on the server again.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
(08-29-2011, 11:36 PM)Bovel Wrote: If you want to make spark a lasting interest in tauren roleplay that is -inviting- to the tauren characters and players around, then do -NOT- make a tribe!

This. Tribes have been done before, but they never succeed in the long term.

Also, keep in mind that the lack of Tauren RP is a part of the lack of Horde RP in general (not counting Belves.) You are taking a group that sees little RP as it is, then narrowing down your requirements even further. In short, a single-race Horde guild is pretty much doomed to fail due to lack of interest, unless said guild is Blood Elven.

Don't take this as me trying to discourage you from making more RP for the Tauren. I'd love to see more Horde RP in general. I just want you coming into this with a realistic perspective, which will save you from much frustration in the future. Take it from someone who has been trying to make any form of consistent Old Horde RP for ages, with only slight success.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Horde rp is next to dead on some days. I have been running a horde guild for little over a year now, a fact that I am proud of but to put it simply it feels like we have all of Kalimdor to ourselves most of the time. Seen a lot of horde tribes start up only to die shortly later.
From what I usually see, horde tribes and clans start up, only accepting one race and after a while the starting guildies get bored because all their clan or tribe gets to do is sit around a camp fire waiting for something to happen. Horde inns are not as interesting as alliance taverns and there's not enough wanderers to keep tavern rp afloat so the clans just die out after a while.
When I first joined Coth, I am not going to lie, I remember spending hours just afking awaiting for someone to log on their horde character and look for rp. Or spamming GMI for horde players to get off of it and start rping. After making my clan and it becoming my only source of regular horde rp I haven't done that since but I do make a point to try to help starting horde clans out. So if you do try to make a tauren tribe, my clan is in Muglore currently and the two tribes can interact with each other to help keep them both going for a while.
I offer the same to you Grak, I been meaning to message you and ask about your old horde rp and see if our two clans can make something up.

[Image: c36335d73555714146b393bce05c4a74.jpg]

[Image: 1219597_c9f207c53e0656326cf233adf2569bb2.jpg]
I really appreciate the input!

@Bovel, Grakor & therew: I really do see the unanimous point.

On the subject of a Horde Clan. This was my original thought, but as I meditated on it, I realized that it still wouldn't answer the question at hand. "Moar Tauren RP?!" Because I am almost 90% sure that the clan would be made up of mostly Orcs. Don't get me wrong, I love Orcs, I'm just more of a Tauren person. I realize that, sure, there would be some Tauren and some Trolls as well, but, the bond wouldn't be the same.

I do have this to say, though. On the subject of making a band of hunters. My experiences as an RPer is; you want to be part of something special. And to me, a small hunting group just doesn't satisfy that want. Now, joining an actual Tauren Tribe would be very interesting (not saying that a band of hunters isn't.) And to be honest, it would be the same, in regards to a guild. If the Tribe was to die out, the characters are free to leave (almost every approved Tauren has belonged to an unknown Tribe before becoming a Bloodhoof and the like), heck, they would be free to leave during, though the Tribe would likely shun them for their lack of promise keeping.

/shrug

In the end, I think I might give it a shot. So sometime after the restart, if anyone is interested, keep an eye out for a guild post.

EDIT:
Quote:therew: "So if you do try to make a tauren tribe, my clan is in Muglore currently and the two tribes can interact with each other to help keep them both going for a while."

This sounds great! I'm looking forward to it.
Just to note. Krilari and I plan on starting up a Tauren storyline once the restart happens. Hopefully that will help.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Horde RP has been on the rise since I complained about it some in a topic I made. It's still not comparable to Alliance RP, but it's getting there.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
I've thought about deleting my Tauren character because he was eating so much space and has about zero characterization. Tauren RP would be greatly appreciated, but sometimes I feel it's so forced because we'd be doing Tauren RP for the sake of Tauren RP.

I would propose something similar to what the Draenei in this server is doing, but instead of a pilgrimage, perhaps something else can be done as a recurring long-term storyline. I wouldn't know what it could be given my Tauren lore is weak, but for the Tauren fans out there, this can be a great opportunity to increase RP.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
I agree, imagenashyun with that point-- to start Tauren RP quite simply for the sake of it isn't going to work: it will end up ephemeral and execrable, which is an opprobrious affair to advocate. While that may only be my tendentious supposition, I believe we must find some purpose to engross the playerbase.

Myself, I'd find it beguiling to bring some sort of goal: entrenching Tauren lands against their enemies and perhaps bringing some myriad of cultural experiences and rituals to enchant the players into continually returning to Mulgore. It is also prudent, however, that we include events and keep a few persons active within the area as much as possible. This will allow for many to see there is an overabundant amount of RP to be had within Tauren lands.

I'd not like to make other races into pariahs in the RP-- keeping with an open theme it might do to let non-Tauren join the RP there and hope they are engrossed enough to make their own glorious cowman.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Maybe a recurring storyline with the centaur? Or what about a mission to restore the more dying lands, like desolace?
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
This is probably my opportunity to save Kaldereto from the 'baleeted' heap for the restart. However, I'll need to brush up on my Tauren lore. I do like the idea of restoring the dying lands, but I don't want this to be the Draenei Pilgrimage: The Tauren Version. Then again, it could be unavoidable given how pious the Tauren naturally is.

With the Centaur, that's a maybe. I don't know if the Centaur would be RPeabl or if the GMs would puppet them.... there, that's the other thing: How many other players actually have Tauren??

I'm salvaging Kaldereto to see Tauren RP go, because I do wanna see it and engage in it. If I have to do a crash course in Tauren lore and completely remake Kald's character, so be it. But if we are to get Tauren RP going, we need more Tauren involved.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Tauren are my favorite race, in actuality!
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
^ This.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the status of Horde RP? [Orc, Troll and Tauren] grembomb 8 1,504 05-12-2011, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums
  Zandalar's lack of Troll accent? Flammeschmieden 9 1,797 10-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Last Post: SpiralLateralus
  Tauren Classes: Cataclysm ones... KarstAvenger 8 1,460 03-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Beltharean
  Tauren Classes: Cataclysm ones... KarstAvenger 9 1,804 03-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Nostra
  Tauren Druidism Rubykuby 9 1,513 07-30-2009, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Dilly