The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Riot in Stormwind
After the events at Wrathgate, the temporary alliance with the Horde has made the people of Stormwind mad. The vigilant people of the Alliance have been manipulating the civillians, and more and more people are beginning to lose respect for the authorities. It's only a matter of time before the riot breaks out, but can the Alliance stop it?

I came up with this after RP'ing on my character Coriv, with some people from AVA.
I think it sounds plausible, since there is growing more and more vigilliant guilds on the server. The King's hand is loosening up, and people are trying to free themselves from his grasp.

I'm not sure if this is completly possible due to lore, but I realized guilds like People's Blade, Alliance Volunteer Army would fit pretty much into this.
(Just an idea).

This is just an idea, share your opinion!
The Wrathgate icly happened months ago, so I'm not sure if people would be rioting about it now.

Our timeline is way after Wrathgate, I mean the Lich King is dead. And I believe people would be overjoyed. Not want to attack or roit.

Just my opinion.

Agreeing with Aroes aswell.
[Image: 8.jpg]
I know, but the vigiliant people have manipulated the people of Stormwind.
Alot of vigiliant people have risen, enforcing their laws without the help of the authorities.
They made it more clear to the people about what the alliance to the Horde meant.

I'm thinking a nazi scenario through here, like Hitler made everybody think that jews were bad, even centuries after they came to Germany.
Hmm, I do like the idea of open combat and a possible uprising in Stormwind though...

I always saw SW as a fair city. King Varian is a former gladiator and such. The most skilled human in Azeroth, but at the same time he is a fair and smart king. Don't believe he would allow laws and such to randomly rise up. *shrug*
[Image: 8.jpg]
aroes Wrote:The Wrathgate icly happened months ago, so I'm not sure if people would be rioting about it now.

Apparently Cataclysm is set approximately a year or two after the events of Wrath of the Lich King.

EDIT: Got rid of Actually that was in front of Apparently. Yep yep.
Thane Gwydd: Mountain King Gwyddy
Warlord Kron: Horde Warlord
Battlecruiser Captain: Who called in the fleet?
Sir Baldwin: Knight of Stormwind
My Guide to Roleplaying Warfare!
Well, do you have any ideas for any sort of riot that could happen?
It could make alot of open combat RP, and if the hordies heard of it; they would definently try to also take over the city.

Vigillant people usually have a very smart speaker. The one who can manipulate people.
I don't know how far it would get, mostly because the guards would probably stamp it out quickly.

But OOCly it's more because we don't want to do anything that's greatly lore changing. I also don't see many Horde getting into it because even being in Elwynn is a character warning for death, and I heard that Horde can't portal into enemy territory.
1) It's too lore changing. Which means it MIGHT (not has to) be retconned.
2) There are few reasons for riots. The Horde is kept at bay; the Scourge is no more; there is no more threat to the welfare of the healing world; economies are bustling (so much there might be enough money to restore Westfall and Darkshire). King Varian is usually wise and, though at times manipulated, would quickly suppress (unless SI7 would) such a speaker.
3) There is no war between the Alliance and the Horde. The old truce is still holding, and though growing thinner each passing day (eg, Wrathgate, Undercity, usw.) still holds enough not to attack each other. Besides, most troops are weary and need repair and recovery, so no faction is really eager about sending tired soldiers to distant lands, if only to keep morale up.
4) It might require OOC planning, such as phasing, preparing troops, setting friendly flags on NPCs, usw.
I love it, go for it!
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Spoilered for spoilers.

Spoiler:
This would offer great roleplay possibilities, but it is too lore changing. But if it is suppressed in the end and nothing changes after the whole conflict ends. And there are many reasons for a riot, some of which are even used as motives for some Cata quests. The Northrend war has been drawing resources from the kingdom for months, leaving it very poor. Stormwind economy is devastated. Taxes were pretty high in order to support large amount of troops sent to Icecrown. There is no food, no money and it is even worse then vanila time when farms were in defias hands. The whole Westfall quest chain in Cata revolves around that. Check the video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-gF7xpR8Xw[/youtube]

The economy is stabilizing slowly, so I assume it is worse now, then it will be in Cata. There's a reason for your riot. This is good idea, cause I remember that SMC rebellion was one of the best RPies I ever had.
Maybe, but then it shall NOT be retconned. Include it as a minor part of lore stuff. Like the Sin'sholai, it was so sad for it to be retconned. I don't want to have to reset my characters at each minor update.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Restoring Stormwind: Northshire Abbey CappnRob 34 5,950 10-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Nymus
  Restoring Stormwind: Northshire Abbey FINALE (10-19-2013) CappnRob 0 594 10-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Restoring Stormwind: Northshire Abbey Event 3 (09-28-2013) CappnRob 0 602 09-20-2013, 06:11 PM
  Restoring Stormwind: Northshire Abbey Event 2 (08-24-2013) CappnRob 0 677 08-18-2013, 04:48 PM
  Rally in Stormwind [Event] sunday12321 2 860 03-31-2013, 07:01 AM
Last Post: sunday12321