The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Night elf blood?
Recently I was told it was infact red. However, I've never took any notice of night Elf blood color written in any lore. Now, this may seem liek a silly lore question. I do, however, recall Night Elves having purple blood in WC3. Like... a sort of violet-dark purple when every Night Elf unit died.

So, do Night Elves have red blood, or purple blood?

EDIT: Not looking for a scientific analysis. This is Blizzard we're talking about here. Science does not usually apply. Just looking to see what it is in lore.
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.
Having just put in the keyword 'Blood' in my PDF copy of the War of the Ancients Trilogy book one, I looked at every mention of the word blood. I saw no distinction between the colour of blood between Rhonin, Brox, nor Malfurion, Illidan, Tyrande, etc. Now, it didn't say it was red, but it didn't say it was purple either; In this case, I think one can assume (without the distinction that it is blue or purple), that their blood is in fact red. Draenei, on the other hand, have multiple examples in the book 'Rise of the Horde' where it states their blood is blue, unlike Night Elves and WotA.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
The reason I stick to purple is that the only physical representation we have of it is in WC3. All Night Elf, and nigh-elf based models have purple blood. Like... no exceptions there. Not a single one. IDK if the lore has changed since then. Even High Elf archers had purple blood (but this was due to sharing the same model with Night Elf Archers, not because they actually did... which in a weird way strengthens the point of Nelves with purple blood)
I was just informed that Night Elves bleed red in WoW when hit.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Striking a NE in WoW, or atleast game mechanics, they bleed red. Naturally, not EVERYTHING in game bleeds red though. Some green, some blue.

I dunno if it'd be grounded in lore, i've gone with red blood.
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
So this is probably just one of those things left up to the player, I assume? since Blizzard's never clarified, and have differed on it? Or should we use a server-wide standard?
I'd say purple, just because in wc3 cinematic when Arthas cuts open Illidan. He spills purple blood all over.
Can't really leave it to player. Then some Nelves would have red blood and others purple. Purple makes more sense, though because of the color of their skin. Red blood would make them more. . .Pink. Like humans. J
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
Plus when they bleed the red on attack, I think WoW just implemented without really thinking. Just needing something to come out when hit.
Draenei have blue blood when they get hit, so you're theory of Blizzard laziness kinda falls at that.
Spoiler:
Should trolls bleed blue then because they have blue skin? :B Or green for the green-skinned ones?
I just said what made the most sense. And those have a much darker skin color. Veins can't shine through that. Take black people in reality. Night Elves, however, mostly have much lighter skin which'd make teh clor of their blood affect their skin color. At least a lil' bit.
Spoiler:
Wuvvums Wrote:Should trolls bleed blue then because they have blue skin? :B Or green for the green-skinned ones?

That is actuall fur, not skin you're seeing. Yes, trolls are big fuzzy tusked stuffed animals. That will cannibalize you.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Actually c0rzilla, only Forest Trolls have fur on their skin. I have yet to find anything about Jungle Trolls having fur, only that their skin varies in color.
"The forest trolls' bodies can support plant life to a limited extent due to a mutation that took place many millennia ago. A thin layer of moss will inevitably grow on the skin of a forest troll shortly after they are born, giving them their characteristic green coloring. Their moss-like skin color ranges from light green to blue and purple. However, the jungle trolls' bodies are covered in a short, soft fur which cause the trolls to appear purple or gray."

Found a quote from WoWWiki.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]