The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Darkhoof Tribe
The Darkhoof Tribe

[Image: tfa1.jpg]
Introduction
  • The black furred nomadic Darkhoof Tribe originates from the various regions of Kalimdor. Though the tribe is nomadic, they take great pride in their homeland of Mulgore, and hope one day to find a suitible home for their tribe. They long for peace, and stability and are never quick to jump into a fight they might regret. Although peacefull the Tauren of the Darkhoof tribe are not easy prey, their warriors strive to be the best they can. The tribe is currently led by Borok Darkhoof.

History
  • The Darkhoof tribe's history is a mystery to most, mostly because no one writes it down. However what is known is that the tribe have always originated from Kalimdor. This small tribe of Tauren are quite similar to the rest of their species, as in they respect the teachings of their shamans, and the Earthmother very highly. Although they didnt pass down the history of the tribe, they passed down extrodinary storys of great Darkhoof tauren, although most of it is probaly false these storys give the tribe added respect for their ancestors.

The Tribe have been nomadic for as long as any Tauren of the tribe has lived. This means alot of the tribe's elders have great knowledge of the land. This knowledge ame with the knowledge of the grand Chief, and the tribe, led by Borok has sworn alligence to the grand Chief, and although not always friendly to non-tauren and non-orcs the tribe is part of the New Horde.

With this new alligence the tribe was forced into war. Borok led his people into the battle, and although there casulties were low it hit Borok hard. Borok wasnt prepared to lose members of his tribe. Borok learnt that day, one of the most important lessons of being a leader, 'You must be prepared for the loss of your brothers and sisters'.

Goal
  • I created this tribe with the goal of getting some really awsome Tauren roleplay. I've always enjoyed Tauren roleplay and like nearly everything about them. I was however, dissapointed to see the low numbers of Taurens on the server, but i say, unleash the Tauren from within. With the lack of Tauren's on this server, i am slightly doubtful this guild will get extremely far, but i thought i'd try since i would love it to do well.

So i bet your thinking now, why should i be able to lead this tribe? Well, i personally am often roleplaying my tauren. Not only to i have quite many years of Tauren roleplay under my belt, but this was in fact a guild on Retail. Yes, i know retail was pretty bad, but me and a few others did have some pretty good tribe roleplay.

Lastly, your probaly thinking, "Your only one person, you cant be online to lead all the time.", and you'd be right. That is why, even though i am pretty active, i will have a trusted freind manning second in command. He is as experianced as me when it comes to Tauren roleplay, and he has proved himself to know a quite a great deal about Tauren lore. I'd just like to add in this bit, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to send them to Wkeeley (Chieftain) or Daedal (Warlord). I may only speak for myself here, but if you want to send me some hate mail, for any reason, please send PM it to me. Even though i dont approve of judging people, i do not mind if you really have the need to judge me.

Ranks
  • [left]Chieftain [Guild Leader]-[/left] The Chieftain is the leader of the tribe, guiding them through war or peace. He is usually the first into battle and posses great fighting skills. The Chieftain is the alliance maker, and the alliance braker. They are not afraid to fight, but usually prefer peace. The chieftain is usually highly respected by most of the tribe, for their sheer devotion to to their people. There is only one chieftain.

[left]Warlord [Second in Command]-[/left] The Warlord is the most experianced fighter in tribe, excluding the Chieftain. They are used as a second opinion on most matters of the tribe's affairs, and especially when it comes to tactics. The warlord is a highly respected member of the tribe. The Warlord rules the tribe if the Chieftain is un-able. There is only one Warlord.

[left]Seer [High Officer]-[/left] The Seer's are the most mystical of the tribe. They guide the tribe and have a great impact on the chieftains rule of it. The Seer's are the Chieftains advisor and may sometimes rule the tribe when no one else is aviable. There is only three Seer's.

[left]Champion [Officer]-[/left] The Champion's of the tribe are great Tauren. They have proved themself in the 'Champions Tournement' to be better than the rest of the tribe. Whether it be by Wisdom, Strength or Courage, this champion has proved themself. There is unlimited champions, however only one is picked every month.

[left]Elder [Member]-[/left] A Elder is a honoured member of the tribe. There age and wisdom has seperated them from the rest of the tribe. Elder's dont usually participate in the 'Champions Tournment', but nothing is stopping them. Many just believe they arent good enough anymore. There is unlimited Elder's, however you char must be 80 plus in age.

Tribesman [Member]- The Tribesman is the common member. Each Tribesman will usually have a specific job, for example, blacksmith or Leatherworker. Even though the Tribesman have their own specific job, many train as a fighter aswell. Although the tribe needs as many fighters as it can get, the Chieftain will not force any to fight. There is unlimited Tribesman, however they must pass 'The Right of Kinship'.

[left]Youngling [Recruit]-[/left] A youngling is a young member of the tribe. They have just come of age and must pass 'The Right of Kinship' before being allowed to become a Tribesman. You cannot be a youngling permently, since you are not allowed to be a child. There are unlimited Youngling's, it is one of the ways of joining.

[left]Outsider [Recruit]-[/left] An Outsider is someone who wishes to join the Tribe. They have no status in the tribe, and must pass the 'Right of Kinship'. 'Outsider' can also include, anyone who is staying with the tribe for a few days and wishes to hear Guild chat, or if someone has dishonoured themselves and been demoted. There is unlimited Outsider's, it is the other way of joining.

Ceremony's
The Right of Kinship
Spoiler:
The Right of Kinship is a test to see if a Tauren is worthy of joining the Tribe. It is a very important tradition to the Tribe, and if deemed unworthy you are to leave. The test is made up of several mystical trials, specifficaly desighned for the Tauren at hand. The trial's will usually push the Tauren at hand to their limits.

Any Tauren who had completed the Right of Kinship would be un-allowed to speak about their experiances, and even if they were, each is different.

The Champions Tournement

Spoiler:
The Champions Tornement is held once every month, and decides who will be the new Champion of the Tribe. The Tournement is made up of three rounds. The First, a test of Strength, a hourable battle. The Whole tribe will fight with blunt weapons of their choice against others from the tribe. The Second and third round are only revealed when it is time to participate in them.
More Ceremony's will be added as time goes on.

Race's and Classes
All classes are aloud to join, including Death Knight's, the current Chieftain, Borok Darkhoof has no problem with Death Knight's but his opinions may not be shared by the rest of the tribe. A Tauren Death Knight wanting to join may recieve abuse.

For Races, only Tauren and Orcs can join. Why you ask? Orcs and Tauren have had a very close relationship, argubaly one of the closest species in the horde. Their lore and faith are very similar and Tauren's have great respect for their orc brothers. However i am putting a OOC cap (I may allow exceptions, this is unlikely), i will allow one Orc to ten Tauren, since i do not want a mass spree of Orcs.

Joining
There are two options when joining, you can either join from a current character and be a outsider, or roll a new tauren and be a Youngling. To join you must first OOC'ly contact a officer. Just whisper any member of the tribe and they'll point you to a officer.
Youngling
The first option of joining is being a Youngling. You can create a new character to RP who has always been in the tribe. As the tradition of the Darkhoof tribe goes, at the end of of teenagency the Youngling's must pass the right of kinship to be given full membership in the tribe.
Outsider
The second option is using one of your current Tauren to join. All the Outsider must do is speak with a tribe member, then they must pass the Right of Kinship to join. Tauren of all age's must pass the Right of Kinship before being allowed to join.

Relations

Major:
Horde - Allied
Alliance - At war (will not attack on sight)
Scourge - At war (attack on sight)

Minor:
-TBA

Leaving the Camp

Leaving the camp and RP'ing your tauren elsewhere is one of the things i say is definetly A-OK! There is no tribe in lore history which keeps all their members stuck in their camp. Yes, there is quite alot of member's which stay behind but then alot go out and help in other place's and causes. The only thing i would request is that you OOC'ly tell me (Borok) and IC'ly inform Borok of your departure.

A good tribe spread's out their power, you dont see the Bloodhoof Tribe keeping their members cooped up in a hut.

Officer Position's

Seer

3 Seers are needed. A seer need's to be a exceptional RP'er, and have a great deal of wisdom put into their character. A good visual aid i think is, when creating your Seer think of the Fable character Theresa. In my opinion she is a good character and the game makers have put a great deal of work into her character. Speak like Theresa, mystical and only revealing as much as is needed about what they know.

Also Seer's would have to have a good knowledge of Tauren lore, not only is the common seer a old tauren but as a officer OOC you will need to answer questions from other members of the tribe. Aswell as these responsibilities the Seer's may have to perform Events and help with leadership issues.

Still intrested? Apply as a post or in a PM to Wkeeley.

Current Seers: 0/3

Name:
IC Name (Full):
IC reason for position:
Previous experiance (leading, knowledge ect.):
Why you should be picked:

Thanks

Thanks for reading, any comment's, suggestions ect are always welcome. However i do not need every Conquest of the horde member shouting at me "Tauren player database is too low!".
You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself. - Galileo Galilei
Haha I'm in on my Tauren, Garen! While I'm at it, I may as well apply for a Seer position.

Name: Muhaha8
IC Name (Full): Garen Spiritshadow
IC reason for position: Garen's a very spiritual and influential young Tauren, in fact, an aspiring Spirit Walker, and is generally looked up to. Nonviolence is generally his thing, and he is great at solving conflicts.
Previous experiance (leading, knowledge ect.): I've run a few RP guilds over the years on assorted servers, all of which have had over 50 members. I know how to deal with conflicts among members both IC and OOC, and know a fair amount of my Tauren lore. Not everything, but a fair amount. Haha.
Why you should be picked: I know what I'm doing when it comes to leading, and, as I said above, I know a fair amount about Tauren lore.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kaz'Kah [Death totem] Tribe Ormica 13 3,055 01-06-2013, 04:37 AM
Last Post: Bitlordman
  <Brokenhorn Tribe> Kira13 7 17,510 12-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Kodohorn Tribe RiffRaff 2 914 11-21-2011, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Spiky
  The Wolftotem Tribe Stormgald 7 1,503 10-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Stormgald