The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

RP idea for cata release.
I just want CoTH's opinion on this idea or anything youd fix to fit with lore or things that wont make sense that I should revise and possibly how you would fix it to make it work.

So it starts with my character (Worgen) being lost and with a slight amount of amnesia with being jumped and knocked out left out in the woods of the Night Elven starting area (For lvling purposes the Worgen is going to be a Death Knight but its also apart of the whole being jumped thing by a group of thugs) then my friend with her Night Elf Huntress is going to hear of this "Rare Game" out in the woods ravaging new Elves and recruits on their way to Darnassus (My worgen character is pretty much going to be one of the few who cant turn back into a human form even with the spell given to him because of the curse given to him, and because of the bloodlust of the power he holds with being beast mode, which he trys to learn how to control) So she goes out to try and hunt and tame this "Rare Game". Once she finds him trying to heal himself near a moonwell she takes the chance to trap him and with the beast in his mind and her being a Huntress able to tame a wide variety of beasts she asks for anyway to tame this trapped and now tagged beast, after she finds a certant but difficult way to do it she trys it and with it him becoming more or less a slaved bodygaurd.

Thats just the beginning and remember its only an idea, I have looked into a good amount of the lore and info and I havnt found anything saying it isnt possible, please give your ideas, concerns, or help with beiong able to make this work.

Sorry for the wall of text btw and this isnt for CoTH its for retail once I get it back, CoTH will still be home though :D
Hallo =^. .^= Kitty sees you.
Well, this was a wall of text, so I couldn't understand it. Buuut, as far as I know, we aren't going to Cata. I may be wrong.
While I like the idea, I believe it is a policy not to let people play hunter's pets. There are, however, a rising number of players as minions I've seen, so the general policy may have changed. In the case we don't do Cata, check Kret's thanksgiving thread about playing special chars. You may be able to put in a request to play a worgen if you flesh out the idea and submit for approval.

Hope this helps :D
Pretty much someone is suggesting that a worgen become tame-able by a hunter and become the hunter's pet.

I don't think tame beast extends over to sentient races. A Worgen is not entirely an animal.
We -will- go to cata. There's isn't any core that works with Cata-code just yet, but there will be. Trust me. Although we may have to switch cores again.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
We might but not until we can see some core come out with Cata that's stable.

I'm pretty sure we're just trying not to count our chickens before they hatch.
I have a question: What is a 'core'?
Every day, I feel more a part of this community. And soon, as I merge with the local populace, I can begin the conversion. One at a time. One of us.

My egg died... Here is its corpse, may it rest in pieces.

[Image: d3cp.gif]
Ignore this post, it was a double post, and for some reason I can't delete it.
Every day, I feel more a part of this community. And soon, as I merge with the local populace, I can begin the conversion. One at a time. One of us.

The emulator our server is running on. More or less, thee operative system of our characters whole world.
Spoiler:
This is a Retail RP not a CoTH RP. And the Worgen character is basically consumed by the beasts curse making him nothing more then just a walking talking pet. To dumb it down a bit I guess, and I havnt found anything saying it ISNT possible to train a worgen that is lost in its beastial stage, also we would work out a ritual with a few others to help that would pretty much enslave the worgen to the huntress.
I'm pretty sure that part of worgens start storyline is that they were at first very primal in their manner. They were running around being nothing but beasts. It's probable that one or more remained this way.
Spoiler:
Hey, first of all, thanks for the help in setting this aside from actual CotH roleplay, but the General board is intended for discussion on the server only. In the future, try placing non-CotH related items in other boards.

Second, speaking on behalf of lore, I don't think it'd be common at all for a member of a traditionally nature-loving night elf race to attempt to take a sentient being as their "pet". It's not impossible, but it's not entirely realistic either. I can almost guarantee that even if it was successful, the bond wouldn't be anything close to the bond of hunters to their traditional pets. It'd be more of a slave relationship. Why would the worgen allow this?
[Image: badge.jpg]
[Image: badge.jpg]
Im sorry and if you wish to you can erase this or keep it for future refrence for anybody who wants to use this for CoTH. I just wanted to get the ideas and thoughts of the people from CoTH because I know a good amount of you people know what your doing when it comes to RP. And I know it wouldnt be a hunter and pet bond but it would infact be a ritualistic enslavement. And storyline wise the worgen is trapped in a beastial stage in mind and is also trapped near a moonwell by the huntress.
It would make a bit more sense if, instead of a nightelf, it was an orc or troll or something.

RoffleWaffle Wrote:It would make a bit more sense if, instead of a nightelf, it was an orc or troll or something.

If on CoTH yes it would make alot of sense.
On retail it would just be chaotic and easiest for just for my friends character (which is a dark dark character mind you) controls an enslaved worgen to guard her and do her bidding.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Idea: Resurgent / Defect Qiraji Nymus 6 1,993 10-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Reigen
  Sparring Idea. Bitlordman 1 922 08-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Kage
  Sol Sez: Post-Cata Projects! Sol 10 2,225 04-25-2013, 05:30 AM
Last Post: Sol
  Cata Profile Question Harmonic 8 1,903 04-24-2013, 03:55 AM
Last Post: Holynexus
  Re-done Race Relation Guide, Preparing for Cata Harmonic 25 4,305 02-16-2013, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Harmonic