The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Anyone -not- excited for Cata?
I'm just... not.
I went from anticipating it to, "eh."
I think, three years ago, I would have been going crazy for it.
I've had a few people offer me an account (one had a dual account, the other would be buying stuff from scratch), monthly fee handled and all, just for me to play with them on Cata, and I declined.
I think beyond the new lands, playable goblins, rp potential, and (hopefully) some better clothing, I'm just not feeling it anymore.

I don't feel one way or another about the changes. I think I'm just growing out of Warcraft, heh.
˜★Sketch Blog
Same. CotH is the only time I play WoW, and mostly it's on while I'm doing things away from the computer, or am doing otherthings on the computer.
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.
I've heard some people complaining about it but I also heard from people actually playing 4.0, not Cata itself, say that it surpasses vanilla in every way.
@Jeff: That's about how I am. WoW, the superfluous chat client
@Wuv: I'm sure the patch is good but I'm trying to see if anyone else has the Xpac Apathy ^^
˜★Sketch Blog
I stopped being impressed with blizzard a long long time ago. After I learned what a Skinner box was it became impossible for me to enjoy the game without seeing it for exactly what it was. A shallow attempt to keep me paying 15 bucks a month. Blizzard sold out, and even though Cata will be so much better than vanilla it will still be more or less worthless in comparison to some free to play games that allow so much more freedom.

[Image: c36335d73555714146b393bce05c4a74.jpg]

[Image: 1219597_c9f207c53e0656326cf233adf2569bb2.jpg]
Because how dare a business makes money. They're a bunch of bad, bad people.

Never mind the fact that they give to charities, never mind that they'll make aspects of the game to commemorate employees who passed away, or individuals like Ezrea Chatterton. And that they will give ridiculously huge prizes in art contests, and are responsive to the community. Nope, they're just a bunch of heartless money-grubbing losers.
I think id rather pay about ten pounds a month for a game i consistently enjoy than waste it on a new game every month that ill play for a while, get bored off and forget about.
Its worth what i pay to me heh :)
Cataclysm just freshened it up for me, thats all, but it certainly needed it.
Anyways, Twilight, I guess I can see where you are coming from. You've been at WoW for so long you're just indifferent about Cata, but for me it's still a very new and fun thing for me.
@therew: I don't think Blizz are sellouts in the negative sense; MMOs are expensive to run and develop, and they have a huge customer base to entertain. Fandoms are just hard to pander to please, so they have to kinda aim for the silent majority for the best profit.
@Wuv: Haha, no need to be defensive against therew, we all have our feelings for how we feel, and Blizz continues no matter what they are.
@Miah: I think that was a smart move on their part, to redo the old area. It cuts down on some of the whiteboard time in terms of developing and still gives the end user something enjoyable.
˜★Sketch Blog
Cata will bring new epicness just when WoW seems the most boring. I am soooo going to start playing retail again when Cata comes out. :3 (I'd still be on CoTH, for my non-nub RP needs. <3)

And Wuvvums is right. Don't hate on Blizzard, yo.
Spoiler'd because of lag. *-*
Spoiler:
[Image: zombiepartyhard.gif][Image: zombiepartyhard.gif][Image: zombiepartyhard.gif][Image: zombiepartyhard.gif][Image: zombiepartyhard.gif]

Zenzil <Brainwashed Troll Nub> "Ey dere. Can I 'ave ya arm?" *
Hal Howells <Emo Scarlet Palanub> "Y-y-you are-e b-better t-than me, a-and yo-ou k-k-know it." *
I was excited for a while, but it has gone away. I just know that after I get burnt out from raiding and pvping, I will leave just like I have every time.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Wuvvums Wrote:Because how dare a business makes money. They're a bunch of bad, bad people.

Never mind the fact that they give to charities, never mind that they'll make aspects of the game to commemorate employees who passed away, or individuals like Ezrea Chatterton. And that they will give ridiculously huge prizes in art contests, and are responsive to the community. Nope, they're just a bunch of heartless money-grubbing losers.

I have nothing agianst them making money. I have something against them making bad games and expecting people to keep paying 15 dollars a month for it. You take away the epic gear, the achievements, and the vanity mounts what are you left with? An endless grind to get to max level. Donating to charities, and making memorials to their employees who have passed away and being somewhat responsive to the community doesn't make their game good. Just means they know how to make their self look good enough so that their customers don't feel like they are dumping money to in a time sink.

Blizzard is a business and I have nothing agianst that. But from the stand point of a consumer I see no reason to spend 15 bucks a month on a product that offers me nothing I cant get from most free to play mmorpgs. Blizzard has already profited on an insane level with Wow, I would consider cataclysm if they took steps to make the game less of a skinner box but they have decided to stick with what works and I decided to give my money to companies who are trying newer more fun ideas. Don't like me for it? Oh well, what can be done right?

[Image: c36335d73555714146b393bce05c4a74.jpg]

[Image: 1219597_c9f207c53e0656326cf233adf2569bb2.jpg]
Cressy Wrote:I was excited for a while, but it has gone away. I just know that after I get burnt out from raiding and pvping, I will leave just like I have every time.

Are you planning on giving the retail version a shot anyway, or will you just wait for the emulator to update to Cata just to see the new content? (What I'll likely end up doing; not excited, but still nosy)
˜★Sketch Blog
It's not that I don't like you, it's just I've seen so many posts from you that are pretty much about how the game sucks, yet you still steal it. And even though you say it's because of the Stormshade, you're still using their product and loathing it.

You could think of it from the social standpoint that a lot of people are brought together by the game and have fun with it. Also I've played many free MMOs and I must say that WoW just blew most of these out of the water. I don't think $15 a month is so outrageous for what you get, but that is your decision not to buy it.
TwilightDisciple Wrote:Are you planning on giving the retail version a shot anyway, or will you just wait for the emulator to update to Cata just to see the new content? (What I'll likely end up doing; not excited, but still nosy)

Actually, I am unsure what I am going to do. My husband bought me the collector's edition Cataclysm...So I could either, use that and get a pretty vanity pet and small perks that I would use for a few months until I was bored...or I could sell it on ebay for profit. Decisions, decisions.

I dunno though, a group of friends want me to rejoin them for raiding/pvp/arena, but I get burnt out..And their schedule doesn't work with my son. So..

Huh, probably not, now that I think of it.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sol Sez: Post-Cata Projects! Sol 10 2,225 04-25-2013, 05:30 AM
Last Post: Sol
  Cata Profile Question Harmonic 8 1,903 04-24-2013, 03:55 AM
Last Post: Holynexus
  Re-done Race Relation Guide, Preparing for Cata Harmonic 25 4,305 02-16-2013, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  The Kaz'kah and Cata Ormica 1 897 12-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Bitlordman
  Characters I want made: (Before Cata) Brutalskars 34 6,100 05-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros