The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Children
Ok, I was wondering...

What if you have a married couple ICly, and you want too have kids? Or even if that was just part of your back-story, and you have a kid. Would you need to have GM help to morph someone into a child? Would you need a separate account? Would you just pretend they're there, or have a orphan-holiday-esqe companion-pet you emote to interact with?

Note: not totally sure this is in the right area... pretty sure though :?
It is known that there is an infinite number of worlds, but that not every one is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so if every planet in the Universe has a population of zero then the entire population of the Universe must also be zero, and any people you may actually meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination. ~Douglas Adams, The Original Hitchhiker Radio Script

I think we all know what to do with this...

[Image: nqgU.gif]
...Interesting thought, a player playing as a child.

But that could have all sorts of, ah, uncomfortable consequences.
Children are better imagined then actually played. We aren't allowed to play them.
Considering the activities a lot of characters get up to, perhaps it's best if you leave the kids with the inlaws. ;)

If there were some way, perhaps short-term...a pet rather than a PC... It could be useful for RP.
Is there any chance a child-model could be turned into a purchasable pet on GM island?
Useful for wannabe-parents....
Spoiler:
slavers....and cannibals who like their meat nice and tender.
Last time I checked we're not supposed to make eating child/baby jokes.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
I'm guessing you can emote carrying a baby and such when they're young.
But I'm not too sure about when they begin to grow, you know,
Running on their two feet. besides, RPing a baby in WoW... Well... In this world?
Like others have said, for some it can lead into some uncomfortable situations.
The worlds a roller coaster,
And I am not strapped in,
Maybe I should hold with care,
But my hands are busy in the air.

Like Father, Like Son. The path of a Beastmaster.
As long as you're willing to avoid most of the areas of WoW, namely, EVERYWHERE but the law abiding cities, I don't see a problem with it. You're just killing your own RP.
[Image: tumblr_mjjxhcqmG51qh076xo1_250.png]
Well, It would take an extremely long time before a baby could reach adulthood. Even for a Human, eighteen years of role playing a married couple AND a child would result in inactivity along those lines. But otherwise.. Enjoy!
Thisisnotmysignature
I would advise against actively involving 'children' in roleplay. I'd rather just say "Oh, the kids never leave the inlaws house" than "Oh, My son? Yeah, he's right outside. Wanna say hello, Mr. Forsaken?"

Example: My character, August, has a teen daughter who lives in Darkshire with his grandmother. That's it. That's as far as I'd say letting a non-adult offspring involvement in rp go.

Also

Quote:If there were some way, perhaps short-term...a pet rather than a PC... It could be useful for RP.
Is there any chance a child-model could be turned into a purchasable pet on GM island?

It's not my decision to make to implement this. But if it was? No. Absolutely not.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
I have a character, Chaundre, who has a seven year old daughter. If...And I mean, IF...I ever have her near when I am roleplaying, I always just say she is in another room or off playing.

Honestly, having a child IRL makes me not want to RP having a child, it isn't as fun and goofy as people make it.

Oh, you want to go out and have a nice family dinner? Try having your child scream at the top of their lungs because they think it is funny.
Or dumping their plate on the floor.
Broken glasses?
Utensils thrown at the waitstaff?

Yeah. Kids do it. :c
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Oh lawd--
Thisisnotmysignature
I've tried to roleplay Paota with her child, and I still feel as though... I have no idea how to roleplay a kid properly.

... It's hard. It's really hard to play one of those youths.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Do the Fable III tactic. Get a nanny.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
Well, Ventus has a adopted troll child...what he does is leave it in the care of a orphanage, and goes to tend to it every-now and then. It is now always asleep when Ventus goes to visit it...funny that.
Spoiler:

'Whats your LuckyDo?'

Desperate for some rp? Try the resident of OOC for a change!

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread-I-can-has-rp

The thing with a character having children is, that it doesn't have to be around you, it still changes the character's image of the world and priorities. When somebody gets a child, everything feels different. It remains as a good way for character development because of that. But RPing it out could be hard if you don't have a kid IRL.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Children of the Earthmother - A guide to tauren roleplay (incomplete) ghaskan 7 4,965 02-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ghaskan
  All, right, let's have it: Half-breed children born IC. ImagenAshyun 30 7,649 11-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums
  What about the children? auroraphoenix44 18 2,528 07-02-2010, 06:38 AM
Last Post: Kenert
  Children? Dilly 19 3,647 08-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Hexproof