The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Children?
Poof! Yes, poof. This bursted into my mind like a wildfire. D:

It goes like this. A couple has a baby. What are the chances of anybody ever RPing him/her? As I recall it, playing a child is not allowed. That means, the son/daughter will only be able to be played when he/she hits maturity. And that is pretty impossible if going by the real stuff. Is a time warp of some sort or something available? Or it's just a thing that could never happen?

Yeah, well... Weird questions come to your mind when you expect it the least. :D Let's discuss. :D
If they had the baby like 18 years ago IC :P otherwise you would paradoxiaize the time line and shit and everything would be weird with alternate timelines on the same thing
[Image: 25jxl3r.png] ~ [Image: rap0jl.jpg] ~ [Image: 2rz9vtw.png]
- - - - Erie - - - - - - - - - Creezy - - - - - - - - Zarack - - - -
<Academy of Magic> ~ <G S F> ~ ~ <The Forgotten Shadow>
[Image: juzfbn.png]
Yeah, if you warped time, then everyone else on the server would have to warp time, and if you went all the way from 0 to 18 or something like that, then you can see how that would cause problems.
Which would mean, nothing else possible but a pre-made child (which would mean, one that already exists in his full and glorious maturity)... Right? Lawl. :D
You could hire an old orcish warlock and have him use his fel magicks to force grow the baby to adulthood, or it's body at least. It would be a pretty effed up child though, just look at the orcs during the frist/second war.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

There is the Caverns of Time. :)

<rant>

Technically we are already in a warped timeline on COTH. Take a look at what has happened. Nothing like this would happen on Retail. And technically it would only warp the timeline past for the one from the future. For everyone else, things are progressing as it should, regardless of someone coming back in time. If "Hank" went back in time to stop this major event that may happen and he does, it was suppose to happen for us and we would not have known about the event in the first place. I would say someone going back in time to OUR past is out of the question, but someone coming from the future to our present time might be okay. Also I believe in lore there are half human half blood elves (2 adults I think) and they would have had to come from the future since there has not been enough time for humans and Belfs to make love children and have them grow up.

</rant>

~edited~
Zason Wrote:There is the Caverns of Time. :)

<rant>

Technically we are already in a warped timeline on COTH. Take a look at what has happened. Nothing like this would happen on Retail. And technically it would only warp the timeline past for the one from the future. For everyone else, things are progressing as it should, regardless of someone coming back in time. If "Hank" went back in time to stop this major event that may happen and he does, it was suppose to happen for us and we would not have known about the even in the first place. I would say someone going back in time to the past is out of the question, but someone coming from the future to our present time might be okay. Also I believe in lore there are half human half blood elves (2 adults I think) and they would have had to come from the future since there has not been enough time for humans and Belfs to make love children and have them grow up.

</rant>

You mean half-human, half-high elves.

But still, playing a kid would be a no-no. The best solution would be Nostra's, but no parent in their right mind would agree to that. :P
Nope, half-blood elf. >:+)
Nostra Wrote:You could hire an old orcish warlock and have him use his fel magicks to force grow the baby to adulthood, or it's body at least. It would be a pretty effed up child though, just look at the orcs during the frist/second war.

Laawl, I imagine a Night Elf going up to an Orc warlock: "Hey Orcy... *waves Sorry I tried to beat you all out of Ashenvale 'n' all... *sorryface* ...Fine, could you please age this baby? *extends a child towards the Orc*" :D

Anyway, on a more serious note. I, personally, don't consider time travel as an option. Thank you for your answers, everybodeh! :D
Quote:Caverns of Time.

Good thing those are ruled by the Bronze flight and that they won't let anyone use it for just anything.

And the half human half blood elf thing does exist, not because they came from the future but because everyone with a high elven heritage would feel the same addiction, I would assume some of the half-bloods would succumb to it as well and thus be more akin to /half blood elf than /half high elf.

Zason Wrote:Nope, half-blood elf. >:+)

Well, let's take a look at that article. Here's an extract from the second sentence:

That article Wrote:They do not yet exist.

Your powers of reading. They have failed you. :D
Everything on wow-wiki is not true, that is why we say if you are using it to write up profiles, to take it with a grain of salt.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Quote:Since the blood elves came into existence only four years ago, they certainly have not had time to minglewith humans and produce adult offspring. This does not mean that it cannot happen, however; and if your GM sets his campaign 20 years in the future it is possible.

This is the actual line in the book regarding half-blood elves.

In the end, the rping of children you rply had really wouldn't work here.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Yeah, WoWwiki is written by players.

And players phail with a P H (and D).

The main difference between high and blood elves is cultural and how they deal the addiction, so any half-blood embracing the Blood Elf way of life would be a half-blood elf. But anyway, it doesn't matter and this isn't about that.

I understand and my post was not meant to be as factual but what may or may not be possible. Reading has not failed me. All in all I would think it be a bad idea. Just offering information. >:+)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Children of the Earthmother - A guide to tauren roleplay (incomplete) ghaskan 7 4,965 02-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ghaskan
  All, right, let's have it: Half-breed children born IC. ImagenAshyun 30 7,649 11-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums
  Children arnevar 19 3,155 12-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Wuvvums
  What about the children? auroraphoenix44 18 2,528 07-02-2010, 06:38 AM
Last Post: Kenert