The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Changes to Timeline
I have noticed something on the Timeline of WoWWiki (Link), it seems the current date has been changed from year 32 to year 34. My question is simple, is this true? Does anyone know?

If this is true, I'll go ahead and change the CotH Wiki page for the timeline.
Is it possible that the timeline change is due to Cataclysm, which we are not up to yet in our timeline?
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
It does, however, say that on Year 34 that "World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King begins» " and "Fall of the Lich King" which are both good indications as to where CotH is with our own lore.
Huh. Well it is quite possible that they adjusted the timeline a bit for Cataclysm.

Perhaps we should consider switching to the new timeline once we upgrade to Cata. It's just that, to me, it seems like this was made to accommodate the expansion, and little else.

Besides, chances are the jump up to Cata will come with a big server update. Perfect opportunity for a timeline change.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
We haven't made the time jump yet. We've progressed as real time has since the Lich King's death.
I think this has already been discussed in another thread no? I remember having this talk before and Blizz has so far not been too clear on time. (One source says the Shattering takes place -during- the war on Icecrown, another states that X years have passed since the death of Lich King.)
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
I figured this would happen, year 32 was the beginning of WotLK and the Lich King has already fallen so it's only natural the current year is switching 1 or 2 years.
39(Five years after the start of Wrath of the Lich King, three years since his death)

Cataclysm begins.

I thought that was more interesting, seems like the events of WotLK took two years, and that there's a three year space before Cataclysm... Wonder what fills that time, both for official lore and our individual characters.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Where'd that info come from? I've word that cata takes place ten years after vanilla, 2-3 years after wotlk. Directly from Blizzard.[attachment=0]
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Uh, it was what was said in the link in the OP, I haven't really kept tabs on Cata so I don't know how correct it is though.

It's also exactly what you said, hehe.

Nah, it was only 2-3 years a.d. of LK, so theirs is a bit off. By 2-3 years. :P
... Which is what they say. Five years after the START of WotLK and three years after the DEATH of the Lich King.

So, WotLK events take two years then three years after the Lich Kings death Cataclysm starts. In total, five years. :-)

Right but I thought that the wotlk events only took 1y/lk death
From what I've read, the events of WotLK take no more than one year. And there is two between WotLK and Cata. Do the math.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
But a GM is saying that once Cata starts a decade has passed since vanilla..so our characters should be a few years older if we make the switch.
Pain is an illusion.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Consistent Timeline MstrCorvus 7 2,000 08-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  Piroska's Ultimate Timeline Beltharean 9 1,838 11-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Meltharas006
  Four timeline/lore questions TadanoHitoshi 6 1,504 08-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Last Post: SpiralLateralus
  Timeline? Majyk 7 1,240 07-25-2010, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  Stranglethorn Vale Timeline Nikodemos 2 868 06-23-2009, 06:04 PM