The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Is Prioska's 'Ultimate timeline' Worth it?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yeah, it's a great idea!
65.22%
15 65.22%
Nah, I would look at it once and end up forgeting about it a week later.
34.78%
8 34.78%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Piroska's Ultimate Timeline
Quote:Piroska: It sounds horrible, but I'd also like to eventually create an ULTIMATE timeline that has links to every participating character.
Piroska: 6 DP, Character is born.
Piroska: Character dies.
Piroska: Character does this.
Piroska: That's a BIG project, though, that I haven't had the gall to undertake yet.

For those of you who don't remember Piroska, or weren't around during her time as a GM, she made some major contributions to the wiki which I think all of us can (and do!) appreciate. That being said, there are still some things left undone that she seems to have expressly wanted to do, but her departure cut those goals short. The 'Ultimate Timeline' as she so eloquently put it, was one of those things. She may not have had the gall to get to it before her absence, but fortunately for those who enjoy the wiki, I have just the right mixture of no life and free time to take that bold step.

However, there's a condition.

I wouldn't want to go through the trouble of making the entire timeline if no one would ever look at, or reference it. If it went the way of my Companion Profiles that I created for a time, where no one really took interest, then I'll simply move on to a smaller task. The best way to gauge that however, is a poll. So here we are:

Is it worth it to devise this 'Ultimate Timeline,' or is it a silly idea in and of itself?
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
I do like looking at neatly arranged databases. It could also help new members accommodate more easily.

Yes.
"Good roleplaying is not equivalent to saying that your character is not interested or molded for a certain situation.
Quite the contrary - good roleplaying is making up a reason for your character to do that thing, no matter the obstacles!"
... It doesn't seem like it'd be worth it, IMO.

But eh.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Oh, I remember discussing this with Pirro. My own thought on it would be that it's a waste of time, not that I'd not use the Ultimate Timeline but not every approved character on CotH is of interest to anyone else. I fear that it'd be a messy list of births, deaths and names that'll be hard to navigate or take far too much time to find something useful.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
What is that anyways? I don't get what's going on. Is it just a database of every character on the timeline of coth?
I'm with Xigo.
The idea itself has merit, but it brings a large amount of work. Speaking on my behalf, I doubt I'd use it that much to justify its existence. However, if the work required / usage ratio doesn't have to be optimal and you really want to do it, go ahead. I'm sure it would have at least some use.
This made me miss Piroska.

Seems like a lot of hassle to pull off for minimal gain however.

( Posted from my phone, at work! )
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
Quote:This made me miss Piroska.

This is, actually, the main reason I want to do it in the first place. It made me remember how awesome she was, and I know she's not dead or anything like that, but I'd like to kind of let her ideas come back to life and do a few of the things she wanted to.

Plus it seems like it has a pretty decent lead against the 'nay' option at the moment. I'll take some of the things you all have said into consideration when I begin to make it.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
This sounds really interesting, and I would certainly say go for it if there is enough interest. I just wish I knew more about it to be able to comment better.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Consistent Timeline MstrCorvus 7 2,000 08-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  Changes to Timeline BountyHunter 20 3,563 01-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  Four timeline/lore questions TadanoHitoshi 6 1,504 08-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Last Post: SpiralLateralus
  Timeline? Majyk 7 1,240 07-25-2010, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  Ultimate Engineer Ben 17 2,251 04-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Last Post: Ben