The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Pirate's Life..... For me? Event! ------- CANCELLED
"Yo ho yo ho, a pirate's life for me!"

[Image: WoWScrnShot_012011_112354.jpg]

Well, not really, but here it goes!

This will be an event that'll bring about possibly week long ship rp, that I know
I've longed for, and am sure others will definitely be happy to come.

Who's Allowed?

Anybody! Basically if your character would be caught on a ship heading from Booty Bay to Ratchet,
then you're welcomed to come along and sign-up.

Sign-up Format is as follows!
The maximum amount of sign-ups that will be allowed is 9 people, you may still sign-up pass
that, as a fill-in, in case someone has to drop out from the event.

Quote:Forum Name:
Character Full-Name:
Character IG Name:
Class:
Race:
Armor-Type:
Extra Spells/Abilities You'd Like to Tell Me About:
If you die, who do you want your body delivered to? Ig Name, and Forum Name Please:

Rules!

All rules of CotH are to -be- followed accordingly.

There will be a constant character warning upon your character.

Only NPCs will have the option to kill your character.

If an in-character, non-npc tries to attack/kill your character, the person
trying to attack and kill, will most likely be locked up in the brig, and pending
trial!

You -may- fall overboard in this event! If you wish to not have this fate happen
upon you, don't stand next to the edges when the boat is bouncing about!
And/Or stand near the railing while there's a storm!

If your character is dies during this event, you will be taken by the Goblins and
delivered accordingly to who you wished to have your body given to!

Listen to your Captain at -all- times!

Background Information!

This -IS- a goblin-controlled ship, no fighting aboard.

Your characters will possibly be on an 8-day long event, during this time you
will be immensed into full-on ship roleplay. Your character will be getting on
the ship in near morning, and this -may- be the last time you see your loved
ones, I suggest you decide upon your last words to those who will not be
joining you on the ship.

IE: If you wish to say something mean to someone you care about icly,
then have this event happen, you'll be given the opportunity to think about
did you really make 'those' your last words to someone you cared about?

The roleplay will be very, 'scary' in the sense that your character may come
to the realization that death could be around the very corner.

[Image: WoWScrnShot_012011_112440.jpg]

Event Planned Dates and Times.

Kick-off Event! Saturday, January 29th, 1:00PM Servertime.
This event will take place icly, at night time, your characters would most-likely be sleeping, you will have free-rp with others from the morning, until the time this event starts.

Escape from the Brig Event! Sunday, January 30th, 4:00PM Servertime.
This event will be about escaping a brig, how you get there, will not be told!
(I'd suggest roleplaying on the ship before the event, with your fellow mateys, to acquire background info for this.)

Suprise Event! Tuesday, February 1st, 4:00PM Servertime.
As the name implies, this will be a surprise event taking place while at sea.

Surprise Event! Thursday, February 3rd, 4:00PM Servertime.
Once again, as name implies, surprise event.

Return to Civillization! Saturday, February 5th, 1:00PM Servertime.
You've survive, you've done it. Hooooorah!! You've survived, and lived.
You may suffer fear of ships, and water, and goblins after this. But you've done it!

[Image: WoWScrnShot_012011_112636.jpg]

IMPORTANT!

We will be using, two roll systems for this event!
And certain/newer types of things you can do.

The first thing that should be known is Crowd Control Spells, shall be in effect.
Any spell you use, shall have certain effects, so they're -really- useful.

IE: A mage casts Polymorph, that character will suffer as a brainless sheep,
greatly increasing your chance to hit, to about 100%! Same with sleep, it'll
immobolize someone, so -one- less enemy to fight! And so on.

Now, onto the roll system!

We'll be using one that I've designed, for when non-npcs attack, only for when
you the players attack.

The turn before your attack I shall whisper you a set of percentages for chances of
landing a successful hit, upon an enemy, your job is to emote what your attacking,
accompanied by a, (Place you're attacking).

Headshot=3Damage.
Torso=2Damage.
Arms/Legs=1Damage.
Weapon=Disarmed.

YOU attacking NPCs.
Percents are changed by value, according to; armor-type of the enemies you're fighting,
range of how far the people are that you're attacking, and if their attention is on 'you'
or another.

Example of how you'd attack! I'll use one of my characters as an example.

"/w Relon: Head=60% Torso=70% Arms/Legs=75% Weapon=50%"

Then, when it's your turn, you'd emote accordingly.

"/e Relon brings his hand back and launches a bolt of ice at the pirate's head in front of him! (Head)"

/roll 100

If the rolled number was, 61+ you'd miss, if it's 60-, then you'd hit. The reasoning is because 60 and under is within the second percentile chance. Meaning in this system, you -WANT- to roll low. If you roll a 1 on your attack, your damage is doubled.

NPCs attack YOU.
Now, when NPCs attack you, I'll emote what/how they're attacking you. When you're attacked,
you will /roll 75, that number you roll will be subtracted from 100, then that is the percent the mob
will have to beat. I will specify if the target attacks your arms/legs/torso/chest, to keep it fair I will
not spam attack on your head, but also won't just attack your arms/legs the whole time. They -can-
try to disarm you.

Allow me to explain how it'd work;

"/rw The goblin goes to backhand you with his plated glove, that happens to have spikes on the end."

Defender /roll 75, he rolls a 50.

100-50=50.

Attack /roll 100, if 50 and under, he'll hit your face making you suffer 3 points of damage, if 51 and above,
then he misses. Simple as that.

Healing!
Any healer will have TWO multi-target heals per event, these will heal everyone for 1 each.

All single-target heals will heal for -at least- 1, you'll be rolling to see if it heals for, 1 or 2 extra points of damage.

The healer will /roll 100, 50-100=1 point of damage. 25-49 heals for 2 points of damage. 1-24 heals for 3 points of damage.

And that will be all for now! ANY questions, comments, and or concerns please post a reply, and I'll answer any questions to my fullest ability. I'm looking forward to those who wish to join in on this event!

Ahoy for now!

[Image: WoWScrnShot_012011_112453.jpg]

IMPORTANT!

Due to a lot of people asking this, allow me to explain.

You will not be playing the role of a pirate, you will be on a goblin-controlled ship,
heading from Booty Bay to Ratchet, you'll run into trouble, I would tell you why
I made the name A Pirate's Life..... For Me? but if I did,
it will ruin the surprise, it'll all make sense in due time.

Just clearing it up, you're playing passengers aboard a ship bound to Ratchet.

It's made so that, -ANYBODY- can join. ^.^
Signed-up

[ Forum Name: Tobeh ] [ Character Full-Name: Al'Zulak ] [ Character IG Name: Alzulak ]
[ Forum Name: Lynoa06 ] [ Character Full-Name: Valarie Laveas ] [ Character IG Name: Valarie ]
[ Forum Name: Neyshifa ] [ Character Full-Name: Odie Brown ] [ Character IG Name: Odie ]
[ Forum Name: Aroes ] [ Character Full-Name: Garrius Blackstone ] [ Character IG Name: Garrius ]
[ Forum Name: Aphetoros ] [ Character Full-Name: Chizbolt (N/A) ] [Character IG Name: Chizbolt ]
[ Forum Name: Gaiaboy10 ] [ Character Full-Name: Keakrekyea Vallian ] [ Character IG Name: Keak ]
[ Forum Name: Jurkey ] [ Character Full-Name: Twil Drigg ] [ Character IG Name: Drigg ]
[Forum Name: Danalthar] [Character Full-Name: Sharn Bilebreath] [Character IG Name: Sharn]
[ Forum Name: ForsakenSoul ] [ Character Full-Name:Fernir "Bloodbond" Asaeric ] [ Character IG Name: Fernir ]
[Forum Name: Daim] [Character Full-Name: Delamere Crom] [Character IG Name: Delamere]
[ Forum Name: Warlock21 ] [ Character Full-Name: Piket Windagear ] [ Character IG Name: Piket ]
[ Forum Name: Loxmardin ] [ Character Full-Name: Direi Azariah ] [ Character IG Name: Direi ]
[Forum Name: Jason] [Character Full-Name: Atticus de Vatch] [Character IG Name: Atticus]
Forum Name: Tobeh
Character Full-Name: Al'Zulak
Character IG Name: Alzulak
Class: Mercenary/Warrior
Race: Troll
Armor-Type: Plate
Extra Spells/Abilities You'd Like to Tell Me About: Nothing Extraordinary
If you die, who do you want your body delivered to? Ig Name, and Forum Name Please: No one

Edit: No one to be delivered to as of yet, I am going to ask some people if I may have my corpse delivered to them.
Spoiler:
APPROVED CHARACTERS!!!
Al'Zulak the Troll
Valingash the Warlock

[Image: badge.jpg]
I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games
[Image: badge.jpg]
I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games
I've been thinking about making a gnome pirate for quite some time.
So I'm definently up for this!
I´d gladly join,but my Introduction(which I posted 1 month ago) has still not been approved.
Try posting another one, and double check all your emails.

Secondly, I would make a character for this, but I already have too many. I'll be the DM, though, so Spiralin can RP.
^ I actually made another acc to post another one,and nothing on both
If it's been a month then either your introduction failed to be sent or it was denied. If it was denied, you would of been notified via email.

On topic!

For this event, are people playing pirates or someone captured by pirates? I'm confused.
No email saying that.
Quote:I've been thinking about making a gnome pirate for quite some time.
So I'm definently up for this!

Whenever you're ready just make a sign-up like Tobeh!

Quote:If it's been a month then either your introduction failed to be sent or it was denied. If it was denied, you would of been notified via email.

On topic!

For this event, are people playing pirates or someone captured by pirates? I'm confused.

It's for anyone who would be on a ship travelling from Booty Bay to Ratchet, for whatever ic reason
you'd like to make-up.

Quote:Try posting another one, and double check all your emails.

Secondly, I would make a character for this, but I already have too many. I'll be the DM, though, so Spiralin can RP.

I'm glad that you'd be willing to help but I've already gone through precautions of who may be helping. But if you'd like to join on someone you already have, it'd just be a character heading from Booty Bay to Ratchet for whatever reason you'd be able to make-up.

I'd also like to request that the talk of getting an introduction is moved to PMs, as it's off-topic for this event, if and when you become a peon, then come back and make a post for the sign-ups.
Forum Name: Lynoa06
Character Full-Name: Valarie Laveas
Character IG Name: Valarie
Class: Rogue
Race: Human
Armor-Type: Leather
Extra Spells/Abilities You'd Like to Tell Me About: Nothing special. Can pick locks.
If you die, who do you want your body delivered to? Ig Name, and Forum Name Please: Vindaes Laveas (Forum name Vind101)
Shameyless bump...? (:
Can I still sign up with a character of mine even though I'll also be playing the captain? :3
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
If you have a pirate ship, I could have an event where they fight some of the mercenaries Calnir has hired. Let me know if you're up for it.
Quote:Can I still sign up with a character of mine even though I'll also be playing the captain? :3

I'd rather not -right- now, see who else may want to join, but if you could make an application for Chizbolt
that'd be good, idk his lastname and stuff, or else I'd put him in.

Quote:If you have a pirate ship, I could have an event where they fight some of the mercenaries Calnir has hired. Let me know if you're up for it.

It's not really a pirate ship, persay, so I don't think it'd be able to be put in, I'd rather it be a closed event series anyway.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Ember of Life Krilari 26 3,868 07-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Krilari
  Battle for the Lawless City--- Cancelled Neyshifa 2 824 01-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Last Post: Jurkey
  Pirate event 2! Wuvvums 0 558 11-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Wuvvums
  Pirate Event(And potential slave rp) Wuvvums 18 2,688 10-29-2010, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Sheppard