The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Khem-Nephris [Nerubian] [Persistent]
# Race of character/NPC. Nerubian

# Name of character/NPC? Khem-Nephris. I intend to make her ingame name Nephris.

# Exact modelID requested. 26945

# Duration that character will be used. Persistent.

# Purpose for the character/NPC.
I intend to use her as I would any other character (open-ended roleplaying), but with more restrictions in location and playing style. In short, she's not for an event or specific storyline.

# Location the character/NPC will reside.
She'll be staying out of most, if not all large cities. Since she's a Nerubian and traveler, her residence will most likely change frequently. (Right now, I'm favoring the idea of travel RP for her.)

# Level requested. 80.

# Any special equipment needed? No.

She also has an available profile.
Spoiler:
Player: Etmosril

Character Full Name: Khem-Nephris

Character In-Game Name: Nephris

Nickname(s): N/A. She considers using nicknames to be a sign of disrespect.

Association(s): Nerubians.

Race: Nerubian

Class: Seer

Sex: Female

Hair: N/A

Eyes: Red, beady.

Weight: 971 lbs.

Height: 14'9''

Usual Garments/Armor: Not applicable. She has a spidersilk cloak woven in extremely elaborate gold-and-silver geometric designs, but she doesn't wear it often. Has a habit of sticking notes onto her carapace with blobs of webbing.

Other: Khem-Nephris is of the Seer caste, which means she is considerably larger than Workers and Warriors. Her legs and carapace are both jet-black, and the carapace has a rainbow gloss to it which indicates good health. The 'fur' on her legs is surprisingly soft, but she dislikes having people touch it.

Alignment: Somewhere between Lawful Neutral and Lawful Evil.

Personality: She is a methodical and hardworking person, just like most of her race. Much more intellectual than the average Nerubian, and enjoys being so. She worked as a public defender in their system of law (they used the adversary system, although no individual advocates could be considered 'independent'), which gave her reason to study history, culture, and legal precedent. Her mind is rational, sometimes dangerously so. She has a way with words. Her speech is crisp and very precise no matter what language she uses, although her clicking will become more pronounced if she's not familiar with the language in question. She has an interesting way of referring to people. It is her opinion that a person's name equates to whatever he/she is, and so she refuses to abbreviate names or use nicknames. Often hyphenates. (She might refer to a fellow female legal worker as 'Sister-Associate'.)

She has very little of the emotion which marks many sentient beings. However, she is capable of recognizing it in others and acting accordingly. She isn't above studying people and emulating them in order to communicate with them more efficiently. This shouldn't be mistaken for actual feeling on her part; just a way of getting her point across. Nor could she be considered 'evil' - she follows the moral code of the Nerubians to a T. The problem is that what's best for their society is not necessarily best for anyone else's.

She has many deep-seated instincts, a few of which the standard person would find disturbing or cruel. (Her urge to work endlessly for her kin and the empire without question, and her love of hunting creatures smaller than herself for sport are both examples.) She is completely immune to the Plague of Undeath, and any magic performed on the mind - another Nerubian trait.

She has no genuine hatred towards anything except Scourge, and treats all major races of Azeroth with detached interest. In fact, she's quite amiable towards them for a Nerubian. This is the reason she became an emissary in the first place.

A few of the things she enjoys are intelligent debates, hunting, research, and practicing her magic. Since coming south to the other continents, she has grown extremely fond of citrus fruit, particularly when eaten with raw meat. (She has stated before that it's reminiscent of a popular Nerubian delicacy which involves venom. The difference being that citrus fruit is milder, and has no ill effects.)

History: Khem-Nephris was hatched roughly 18 years before the Scourge inhabited Azjol'Nerub. Although she started out as a Worker in the Sundered Monolith, her obvious intellect and aptitude for magic made her a candidate to become a Seer. Naturally, she was eager over this opportunity. She was first educated in magic and theory by other Seers, whose duty it was to teach. From there, she quickly decided her specific path.

It was more difficult from then on. Her study became more rigorous, often involving rote memorization of hundreds of legal cases and laws, in addition to Nerubian/Aquir history stretching back for thousands of years. It was discouraging to say the least. However, she knew her duty. After being accepted as a 'defender-in-training' by one of the defenders in the Sundered Monolith legal court, she learned the practicalities of her trade. It wasn't long before she was working in cases herself.

It came as a cruel shock when the Scourge attacked Azjol'Nerub. She, like many other Seers, abandoned their more specialized trades to operate in defense of their empire. It was here she honed her magic further. For ten years, the Nerubians defended themselves successfully and continued expanding their city.

When the Workers discovered the hostile Faceless Ones in their excavations, the empire began to lose ground against both enemies. To fight battles both inside and out of their kingdom was too much for the troops. After Anub'arak was killed, the resisting Nerubians were driven back into smaller subregions which they held. Khem-Nephris was amongst those still living in the Sundered Monolith when the Dwarven explorer, Brann Bronzebeard, arrived with his troops.

She was too suspicious of the Dwarves to care much about them. However, they proved themselves to be allies in the months that followed. She began listening to the stories the other Seers told about Dwarves and the like. Her attitude towards them became more lenient, and she even began speaking to a few of the lesser members in the troop. Everything about them was so different - so delightfully alien - that she began learning all she could about them.

She had seen enough of endless war. She spent a long time in thought around this period of her life, trying to make up her mind on what to do. It was with extreme reluctance that she decided to return with the remaining Dwarves - at least until until clear of the Scourge-infested areas in Northrend. In her opinion, the only way to drive off the Scourge entirely was to incite those of other races to fight alongside them. The Dwarves accepted her in their group, along with a few other Nerubians who shared her beliefs. For the first time in her life, she left Azjol'Nerub and saw the world beyond Northrend.

Although she spent years trying to convince adventurers of other, more kindly inclined races that her cause was worthwhile, she was ineffective in doing so. The clearing of Azjol'Nerub by adventurers marked the end of her attempts. Ever since, she's been devoting her time to studying the strange races of Azeroth and finding out how they work.
You put the entry id. The displayId is "26945" for the nerubian.

edit: I don't think that nerubians would be welcome in Ironforge, or pretty much anywhere really. Neutral towns might accept them, but you are using an undead model. I do know of the living model if you'd like.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
I'd say not even neutral towns accept them, as the nerubians are Scourge or are seen as such.
Undead Nerubians (Crypt Fiends and the such) are allied with the Scourge. Living Nerubians hate the Scourge. Plus, here is a WoWWiki quote.
WoWWiki Wrote:Nerubians tend toward evil; they have always been ruthless and aggressive, and since the fall of the Spider Kingdom these traits are more pronounced. Still, nerubians are intelligent, and not all fall into dark ways. They may join a group of adventurers in the hopes of striking against the Lich King, or of gaining the power to do so. Other nerubians, often young ones, leave their homes because they want no part of their people's hopeless conflict and desire to become more than embittered survivors — perhaps they want to attain, at an individual level at least, the heights their people once possessed. The remote possibility exists that a handful of nerubians are not evil and could get along with other races better than their brethren.
You know, Marianna's group have some nerubians they keep in the tower. Have you talked with her about playing one of those?
Concerning neutral towns.

While a Nerubian would be a rather exotic sight (and a terrifying one!), it would not be banished from towns simply for entering them, most likely. If we are to believe that WoWwiki page, that means there are Nerubian adventurers. And that in turn means that they are likely accepted in towns, because adventurers need to get quests from somewhere, right?

As far as limitations go, I would say Darnassus and the Exodar would not permit the Nerubian, meanwhile her evidence showing that she's an ambassador of her people would get her through Ironforge and Stormwind (Though the tight alleyways of SW would be very uncomfortable for a Nerubian to walk through, I doubt she would go there unless she needed to). And she would likely be totally accepted in BB, Ratchet, and other neutral goblin cities.

Of course, I might be spewing garbage. So... take that as you will.

EDIT: I'm not even sure concerning the Exodar and Darnassus. If she were truly good, she'd probably be allowed in the Exodar. And I'm not sure how Darnassus would treat her. Maybe they'd treat her with some respect? Chances are she would be able to -get- places!

Once again though... I might have no idea what I'm talking about. So... yeah. Let's just not bar a character from getting into a city for race alone. If they have IC reasons, they might be able to get in one.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Yay! Anna needs to go for a ride on her. :B
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Well, my dwarf would attack one on sight if it happens to wander the streets of Ironforge, guards or not.
I edited the profile to some degree. Now she's more neutral in racial alignment - she doesn't live in Ironforge, nor does she consider herself part of the Alliance.
[Stormgald] says: [Garbage] I would have to agree with the fact that the likelihood of a Nerubian being allowed in -any- settlement is highly unlikely (especially among the Alliance.) In the eyes of many people they would be seen as, quite simply, a giant arachnid that needs to be squished. But I -do- think its a pretty awesome idea, you know, so long as the RP is kept outside any sort of settlement that is non-Nerubian. All I'm saying is I'm pretty darn sure that most everyone would take the very presence of a Nerubian as an insulting and hostile one. Also, character warnings would probably be frequent due to the fact most everyone will see a Nerubian as a monster.

- This is all in regards to the profile.

Edit: I do apologize if this seems a bit moot, just thought I'd put my two cents in.
Chieftain Muyoh Wolftotem - Chieftain of the Wolftotem Tribe
If the undead are allowed into neutral settlements, I don't see any reason whatsoever a living, reasonable, non-hostile Nerubian wouldn't be allowed within the city walls of a goblin town. That, and the fact that I have not only seen a troll primal in the city limits, but demon hunters, and a fel-sworn. If a beast without a master, and two (in essence) half demons are allowed within the city to roam freely, a Nerubian would be accepted without a doubt; Especially since any adventurer that has gone to Northrend would know that the Nerubians are allies. Now... This was posted from my itouch at 6 AM, so my thoughts might be kind of jumbled up, but in the long run, I love the idea. One of the main reasons I'm saying this however, is because I trust you as a role-player enough to handle a character such as this.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
About Darnassus.

I wouldn't find it too far-fetched for a few Nerubians to be in the War of the Ancients. A few elder Kaldorei may remember this, and get him allowed into Darnassus.
I don't believe the Kaldorei have any reason to dislike the Nerubians anyway. If they disliked them due to them being Crypt Fiends in the Scourge's army then they'd have reason to hate Humans and Elves too due to them being raised as well.

Hence; I see no reason for them to be hated by anyone at all, really.
'cause, we've only seen 'em as dead.
I imagine Night Elves would probably end up disliking them. Nerubians have never fought Night Elves, but their predecessors (Aquir) definitely have. Add to that the longevity of the Night Elves, their relations with the Silithid, and the fact that Nerubians have been in close combat with the Scourge for years. None of which elves would like.

Plenty of Night Elves would remember and loathe the Aquir (my character Kuraiyu nearly flipped a lid when she heard they'd diverged into two races), having seen what sort of evil they're capable of. It's a justified grudge. True, Nerubians and Aquir are very different, but they're still giant scary insects with more evil than good.

Having said all that, I'm going on the assumption that player characters on CotH will be more accepting of a Nerubian than most NPCs would be. (There's a joke in there somewhere, I just know it.)

Oh, and thank you Beltharean. I'm flattered you think so.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raz'Ahran [Eredar] [Persistent] Morhana 0 861 01-20-2015, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Morhana
  Angeron [Elemental Fire Ascendant] [Persistent] Mystriopolis 5 1,374 01-17-2015, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Mystriopolis
  Bahl'azhar [Ethereal - Persistent] amadeugrimm 4 1,447 01-15-2015, 01:00 PM
Last Post: amadeugrimm
  Anara [[Dryad]][[Persistent]] Maarten 4 1,510 01-14-2015, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Maarten
  Ragnor [Vrykul] [Persistent] PhilGobatto 5 2,516 12-06-2014, 06:38 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel