The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Bisen!
I find myself changing Marianna both physically and mentally almost every other week.

I love my little demonic villain. But I'm still on the fence on how to play her. Hot headed? A fool with dreams of grandeur? An emotionless calculator? A sadistic torturer?

Feedback and thoughts are appreciated. Help me help you enjoy a better class of villain.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
ALL OF THEM! :D, no really though...Marianna is probably warped enough to act like all of those in different situations.

Make her cold, calculated, cunning, and anything else beginning with C. They are all good. We need an evil genius overlord, We have two many sadistic nutters and not enough actual masterminds to control the legion of CotH doom. ^^

And Bailey can be the lowly stooge! Huzzah!
I have RPed with you shortly a few times on Coriv. As I see her, she seems kinda Chaotic Neutral to me. In the fight with Redis and Co. a person asked her "Why do you help us?" and she said "Actually, I'm wondering about that too", or something along those lines. She does whatever she wants, and she knows that she could easily has killed all of us, but she didn't. Seems pretty much like a freespirit.

Also, Marianna did something to the water down in the sewers on Alcaz, and Coriv came up. Totally expecting her to kill him, he grinned and said. "I'm screwed, right?" and she allowed him to live. She didn't seem to care, but I bet that a -very- evil character wouldn't had let a guy like Coriv live. Of course, she wouldn't know that it could be the mistake of her life though. /muhahaha

That's the impression of Marianna, that I have. Does things for her own benefit only, and you can't really rely on her. She seems like she does whatever she likes, and gets whatever she wants.
<3

Miah Wrote:And Bailey can be the lowly stooge! Huzzah!

Sorry, that's Fal's job.
Maybe make her go a bit crazy psychotically? Does she -really- know why she does evil? Does she think about her life, does she know what she plans to be ten years from now? What she was like ten years ago? What she did ten minutes ago? What she's going to do ten minutes from now? Did she lose her emotions? Does she not want love, a family? What does -she- want?

Those are all questions I think bring great psychotic and mental drama to a character icly. I think to myself, most of those, all the time with my character who is addicted to fel.
Well, she's an absolute nutter. She is inconsistent. She has no loyalties. She will tell you one thing if only to do the other the next. Her Fel Blood has driven her insane to a point where I doubt she even really understands what she's doing sometimes. She has no set personality, and it seems to shift as the wind does. Every time I have roleplayed with her, her personality has changed in some way, no matter how insignificant that change might be.

She is a showboat. And then the next day she is subtle.

She is overt. And then the next she is covert.

She is a frail creature. And then she is a monster who is unbeatable.

She is a savior. And then she is a destroyer.

She is cold and calculating. And then she is chaotic and carefree.

She has a sense of hierarchy and respect. And then she flips you the bird and moons you (subtly)

Lately, she seems to have obtained that 'coveted' 'god' status on the server that denotes 'she can not die, she is too powerful', which will eternally irk me whenever a character is labeled like that.

This is merely my impression of her from the time I've roleplayed with Marianna, mostly on Ara'Gazhi. Once on Daria. And I believe once when she was still mortal, though I am not certain on that. I think she berated my undead. Not too sure. Overall, the only things I can say about Marianna for certain is that she is... well... inconsistent. And evil aligned. I can't put a finger on whether she's lawful, neutral, or chaotic, because she tends to shift that alignment constantly.

Perhaps my lack of constant RP with her is on display here. Perhaps my inexperience with demons is also on display. But eh. It's simply how I see Miss Bisen. Perhaps she's intended to be displayed in this manner. I don't know. Maybe that's just you trying to figure out which personality you wish to stick with being shown.

Also, here is a cupcake.

[Image: cupcake_timer.jpg]
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Go with whatever you feel works, it's not our character to mold.
Putting that aside, I'd have to say that she is the perfect cold and calculating villain, but also may let her emotions and/or instincts take over from time to time.
All I know is, when I RP with the Lady Potentate on Astus, I love how he has to be very cautious and still usually says the exact opposite of what he should say! :D
I never know what's going to happen next, but I love it. It's aweshum.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
May I ask though, how many things could you list, that you believe Marianna has done that is -truly- evil?
For me, sometimes it's just plain confusing to RP with Marianna. All of her tricks and turns always leaves me as a player OOCly mind boggled. Maybe it's just us RP'ing when it's late for me, or that I'm not mature enough to grasp the style of RP.

I understand layers and layers of lies and complexion to mask your true goals, but sometimes it's just not fun for the OOC aspect to -think- you know what another character is doing, only to be told later on that it is the total opposite. Now, you might just be doing it to prevent meta-gaming, which is understandable, but I personally like a little OOC tossed in so that the IC makes sense.

Besides that, I've enjoyed the little sessions between Redis and Marianna. How the two are on thin ice between each other, yet they are still able to cut business deals. Redis would kill Marianna if he held the chance, and vice versa with Marianna. Only that she -did- have that chance, and took it.

Will be interesting to see what happens to Redis' viewpoint on Marianna during his revival, if he even gets one.
McKnighter Wrote:I understand layers and layers of lies and complexion to mask your true goals, but sometimes it's just not fun for the OOC aspect to -think- you know what another character is doing, only to be told later on that it is the total opposite. Now, you might just be doing it to prevent meta-gaming, which is understandable, but I personally like a little OOC tossed in so that the IC makes sense.

And now we get to the heart of why it is very rarely fun to play the 'evil mastermind': Evil plans take time. Evil plans take preparation. For the last three months I've been laying the groundwork for an evil plan and by god is it annoying to RP out all of the little set-ups and foreshadowing that make the culmination pleasant and surprising.

Spiralin Wrote:May I ask though, how many things could you list, that you believe Marianna has done that is -truly- evil?

That sounds...Like a really fun question. Let's go into it!

In a vaguely chronological order, Marianna has...
  • Killed her warlock master.
  • Thrown Reigen like a baseball at a group of warlocks.
  • Irradiated Tavren's farm.
  • Unstable Affliction'ed four people.
  • Murdered twenty people (18 NPCs, 2 PC)
  • Corrupted then resurrected five people.
  • Placed a bomb on the chest of a crippled orc.
  • Crashed a wedding with intent to murder.
  • Supplied an evil Forsaken with a weapon of untold power.
  • Killed a pregnant elf then sent her bloated corpse to her lover.
  • Shoved a relic into her chest in the hopes of using it to augment her powers.
  • Punched Annabelle.
  • Planned on instigating an incestuous affair between Demitrius and Annabelle.
  • Dropped a meteor on Annabelle.
  • Salt. Everywhere.
  • Corrupted the drinking water of the lawless settlement.
  • Spread a plague via Butch.
  • Plotted to create an infernal portal to unleash an evil of untold power upon Stormwind.
  • Tortured her childhood friend, Lily, by pushing her into the Shadow Plane.
  • Entrapped a group of her enemies in an alternative dimension of untold pain and misery for a week.
  • Raided the Echo's room...Twice.
  • Created two unholy abominations, Loralay and Kafgar, with intent to distribute.
  • Helped establish a slave market.
  • Spread faulty weaponry that will cause human misery and deaths.
  • Placed five people in The Vat.
  • Unleashed a swarm of locusts to devour another's arm.
  • Kidnapped six people.

Ah, I know I'm missing a few lesser evil deeds...But that's her resume in a nut-shell!

Also...Established an organization bent on global dominance.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
You forgot the most important of them all; the Holy Roller.
He's just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something
Attractive to save
- Soup Star Joe

Ongoing Personal Projects:
NIL
Well, I've never rp'd with Marianna, but seeing as how I was forced to read almost everything you ever wrote about her, I may as well provide my honest opinion here....

She's a weak little child with a daddy never loved me complex and could of just as easily grown up to be a stripper than a felsworn.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

I would preferred stripper Marianna
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
Rosencrat Wrote:[*]Punched Annabelle.

When was this heinous crime against humanity committed? I really don't remember.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]