The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

"Make love, not warcraft!" A Plea for Positivity.
This is a challenge personally given to each and every single one of you. I am throwing down the gauntlets! The rules of the challenge are simple; make a post that abides by these very simple guidelines:

1) Name of a player I RPed with before who made my day.

2) What did he do that made my day in CoTH?

3) Insert a "Thank you" for making my day in CoTH followed by a, "You are awesome".

4) Insert a promise that you would do the same. But not for him alone. For someone else.

5) This is the important bit and the real objective of the thread. You must say, "I love cats".

What that someone did doesn't have to be extremely amazing, or long-winded, or that he planned an event single-handedly by himself. It can be something simple. It can even be something that you overlooked once. It can be something along the lines of, "He lead me through the Catacombs, where I got lost in trying to find out where things are, and showed me around the place." Or it can be something like, "His character, x, bought my character a bouquet of flowers that really touched her." It can even be something like, "He corrected one of my spelling errors, but he didn't say it in general; he whispered it politely to me." Even better, "He made a joke, and it made me laugh so hard that I remember why I am playing CoTH or living a life for; to remember to laugh."

No criticisms. No complaints. No feedbacks, most backs are already full and breaking under the weight. Just a very simple post, a very simple activity, that reminds you yourself why you are playing this game. Because I think most of us are forgetting why. Most of us are forgetting that this is a community. We are roleplayers. In a roleplay, the only thing we have between us is trust. Sometimes, we rant OOC-ly to each other, in the forums, in ventrilo, in GMI, about problems IRL that we don't even tell our parents. Sometimes, when we say goodbye on Chat channel, people replying back to say goodbye to us feels so very good.

This is a platform for you to say whats right. This is a platform for you to expression your thanks. There are to be nothing negative. Nothing derogatory. I would personally and respectfully ask Kretol or a GM to take down or move away any posts that expresses negativity in this thread. And nothing whatsoever other then this very simple four lines, paragraphs or essays, its really up to you. You can say to multiple players if you want on the same post, but remember the guideline.

This activity is an austere reflection of what's -right-. Do it once a week, or even once a month if you want, do it the moment a good RP ends; its short, its fast. Do it, because whenever you write it down, you remind yourself that sometimes, even when -everything- looks wrong, -everything- is crap and -everything- makes your blood boil, -something- pierces that smothering blanket of frustration. That there are good things, and may be we should start focusing on those, use it as an anchor, use it as an oxygen tank, use it as a rope you tie around your waist before jumping into the deep blue sea and being suffocated by anger and fury. And remember, when you do it, you not only make yourself remember yourself, you make someone else happy. And thats all that matters.

This is a challenge. We are all so good at complaining about people. Let us try something different. Let us not be boring people.

START THINKING POSITIVE!

I am going to start first, then.

1) Krilari.

2) I remember the first day that I came onto the Conquest of the Horde. I had absolutely no idea whatsoever how it works, I had never RPed before in a private roleplay server, and I knew nothing whatsoever about CoTH. But barely an hour after I joined and created my first character, you whispered me and taught me what I needed to know, and even arranged a roleplay for me, a travel RP from Booty Bay to Darkshire. You taught me how to use .lo rp and you taught me how a roleplay combat work. I still remember the most memorable thing that day; when the two dwarves in our party fought the two defias bandits. One of the bandits lost his family jewels, and remiscing it still brings a smile to my face; I think it was a hit followed by a counter and then a crit.

3) Thank you very much for your assistance and your help in introducing me to the server. You are awesome.

4) I promise that I would do the same for someone else, to teach someone new what must be taught, to listen to someone new his grievances, and to empathize and assist when he is overwhelmed.

5) I love cats.

Yours sincerely,
Zarquon
He's just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something
Attractive to save
- Soup Star Joe

Ongoing Personal Projects:
NIL
1) Shiny

2) Brought me awesome RP on multiple occassions with serious unexpected plot lines. They kept me sitting on the edge of my chair, and simply OOC-wise you always make me smile.

3) Thank you, I believe I haven't had as much fun with my characters since you came to the server. At least not since Saraya's glory days. Hell, your awesome.

4) I promise to I would do the same to other people, instead of actually OOCly saying how my characters feel, I keep them solely for people to find out through RP. It adds so much more shock, laughter and unexpected twists.

5) I love cats.

Something like this? ^.~
Drumgar.

I recall when I first joined this server. I honestly wanted to drift on after a point. Things interested me very little. I was essentially trapped in the Ratchet arena. Very boring.

Then you came along, and ended up going through the very dramatic arc that was Aki and Paota, and you introduced me to the Bloodsworn, where I met a majority of the people I consider friends on coth.

Thanks for that. I wouldnt be here most likely were it not for the tidbits of roleplay I had with the Lakota.

I'll probably do it again for someone else in the futurre

Im actually alergic to ccats. Soooo.....
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
1) aroes

2) There was this day when I came from school pissed at a number of things, and hopped onto WoW to calm down. You were on Nirle, I was on Nubfaise Kirabo and we were RPing in Gurubashi. All of a sudden, Nirle stuffed a pipe down Kirabo's throat and made him almost choke to death. I couldn't stop laughing for good three minutes before I came back to my senses.

3) Thank you for enlightening my day, I love you.

4) I promise I will do something similar to someone as mad as the two, which will be really hard to find, but eh.

5) I love cats.
"Good roleplaying is not equivalent to saying that your character is not interested or molded for a certain situation.
Quite the contrary - good roleplaying is making up a reason for your character to do that thing, no matter the obstacles!"
1) Drust

2) Made me feel less spiteful and evil

3) Thank you for being a good friend, you are awesome (shudder)

4) I promise *fingers crossed* I'll try and help others to be less spiteful? Or something.

5) I love cats?...Really? I don't- I don't even own a cat...seriously what? I- right.
1) Duraza

2) Put up with my noobishness on multiple times, as well as providing something to do with Shivala that made complete sense ICly, and the multiple twists you've been able to put in our RP, such as Sagi setting Shiv free and then Shivala dieing defending him, although he had imprisoned her. Essentially, Sagi = behind who Shiv is now. Oh, and stopping her from being emo.

3) I thank you for being a good friend, you are awesome.

4) I promise to try to watch my posts better, so I do not wrongfully show hate as much as I intend not to.

5) I have two cats. 'nuff said.
1) Brutalskars

2) He let me in on one of his events when I was still a nub on the server and put up with all my noobishness and helped me out. Then he gave me several running jokes for my character such as bone spear and death. Or curbstomping I should say.

3) Less than Three Brutal, :D

4) Man, I'ma let you finish, but I'ma totally do the same brah. I'ma be all, "Yo sup dawg you need sum halp wif ur newbiness?" No, but I'd really help others the same way :3

5) I like overcomplicating very... everything cause angry topiaries sleep.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
1) Piroska

2) While few remember her, she is a gratious member of my retail guild and she was the reason I ever found cotH. Had it not been for her, I would of missed out on an awesome time with all of the members of CotH and not only that, but missed out at the chance to help by being a GM.

3) I would say thank you, but those words cant describe how grateful I am for what she has provided, She is not Awesome. She is Jawesome.

4) In her name, I promise to step up my forum work and especially my work with the populace in hopes that we can all RP in content.

5) My cat clawed into my bare chest 3:
1) Bruce, two days ago.

2) We went and had some RP on Durotar, then Fray Island. And I found it fantastic.

3) Thank you m'lad, for making my day on CotH. You be awesome mon!

4) I am trying to, and will continue to try, to lead people out onto new shores! For the sake of showing everyone else how good it is there ^^

5) I adore cats, expecially when they shred my arms to bits... [ILOVEDOGSREALLY!]
I wanna do another one.

1) Wallace

2) That Echo Isles storyline event.

3) Thank you, for making at least an entire month on CotH awesome.

4) I'll try to do the same, even if reaching your pioneering ingenuity will be neigh impossible!

5) I don't not not love cats!
1) Lostara (Venomoly)

2) She helped me my very first day on CotH, and is awesome.

3) Thank you Losty! You're awesome.

4) I promise to you know, always try and help anyone out like Losty did for me.

5) I love dogs.

1) Piroska

2) A great person, who helped me with anything I needed, no matter how noobish I was.

3) Thank you! You're awesome.

4) I've tried to always help people out with any lore, and instead of just telling people that's kind of impossible, offer other suggestions of help!

5) I still love dogs.

Edit: I shall make more edits to come, I have at least 4 others in mind.
I really can't think of anything, seeing as I usually don't get into alot of exciting role-play, being that nublet that I am. D:
1) The guys on Vent, too many to name specifically.

2) Enlightened me with a very intelligent conversation about bubbles.

3) Thank you for making me laugh, love and both fear bubbles, and making me all.. Bubbley! You guys, are bubbles. I mean awesome.

4) I promise to bring even more silliness to the server, ventrilo, and just lighten things up with bubbles.

5) I still love cats.
1) McKnighter

2) Re-activated my interest in Tor Ilisar'Thera'Nal (I give up too easily).

3) Thank you, you are awesome.

4) Run my Storyline to my fullest capabilities.

5) I love cats.

1) Scout

2) Giving me someone more experienced on this server to work with for my storyline, and recruiting a hell of a lot of people.

3) Thank you, you as well are awesome!

4) I will run the Storyline and hopefully leave everyone involved in it with a few good memories.

5) I love cats, again.
1) Special people in a special channel.

2) Our OOC lulz is too great to comprehend.

3) Thank you. We are all awesome.

4) I promise to not have an OOC failure that causes me to miss my wedding. Maybe.

5) Dogs > Cats

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CW : Love it or Hate it? Valicor 65 13,397 11-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Cressy
  Your Character as a World of Warcraft Boss - Take #2 Krilari 51 9,014 08-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  Things That Make You Go LOK'TAR Jonoth 10 2,239 07-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Valicor
  Whyuno make Dwarf? A2headedcrab 9 2,117 07-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Holynexus
  Why I love the community... HazelTheNut 6 1,505 07-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Vladdy