The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Scryers
“I've seen you in a vision, naaru. My race's only hope for survival lies with you. My followers and I are here to serve you.”

[Image: Voren%27thal_the_Seer_TCG.jpg]

The Scryers

The Scryers are a faction of blood elves led by Voren'thal the Seer.
The group broke away from Prince Combat Kael'thas Sunstrider, heir to the throne
of Quel'Thalas and ruler of the blood elven race, and offered to assist the naaru
in rebuilding Shattrath City. They are at odds with the Aldor, and compete
with them for power within Shattrath and for the naaru's favor.

Since no one ever RPs in Outland, which is a damn shame, I thought I'd make a
guild to spice it up. We'll do a ton of events that'll take us all around Outland.

Recruitment
The Scryers are mainly a blood elf group, though any race except Draenei
will be allowed, though they will have difficulty rising to a spot of power.
If interested, whisper Vandreal or Tharil in-game.

Rules/Notes
- We have NO power in the Scryer's tier. Just because a non scryer is in our
area, doesn't mean we can get away with things.
- The tabard is not required, though I would suggest members try to wear it.
- Bros before Hoes
- Respect my authority!

[Image: 1037wxu.jpg]

Our Custom Roll System
Scryer Roll System

Here's a system we're going to try to use for most of our events.
If the guild likes it, we'll keep it, otherwise, we'll scrap it and go back to normal rolls.

Each character starts out with 55 points.
The minimum amount of points in each category is 8.
They will assign their points to the following stats:

CON - HP, basically. 1.5x points.
Example: If I had 10 points in CON, I would have 15 HP.
DEX - How often attacks hit and crit.
STR - How much gets added to physical attacks.
INT - How much gets added to magical attacks.
WIS - How much gets added to heals.

You are granted more points after each event.

Scryer Roll System: Perks
As players level up in our system, they'll gain perks.
Here's a list of the perks I'm working on right now.

Berserking (Bs)
When HP falls below 34%,
the player gets a bonus to crits and base damage.

AoE Specialization (Ae)
AoE attacks deal more damage,
and can crit for x2 instead of x1.5

Eagle Eye (Ee)
When the user misses, the next attack will deal more damage,
and will have a greater chance to crit.

Graze (Mm)
When an attack misses, you have a 50% chance to
deal a much weaker attack instead of the miss.

Spiked Block (Sb)
When you dodge/block an attack, your character
will deal some damage to the attacker.

Distract (Ds) - NYI
After being attacked by an enemy, the next ally
to attack gets a bonus to damage and crits.

Taunt Specialization (Ts)
Instead of a taunt dealing 50% damage, taunts do 75%
damage, and get a bonus to crits.

Heal Crit: Single (Hs)
Req: Healer
Enables the ability for heals to crit. A crit
heal does x1.5 healing.

Heal Crit: Self (Hr)
Req: Healer
Enables the ability for heals to crit. A crit heal will
heal the user for .7 + 1 of the heal.

Smite and Heal (Sh) - NYI
Req: WIS, INT > 12
When alternating between healing and attacking,
the other choice gains a bonus.

Test of Faith (Tf) - NYI
Req: WIS > 15
When a target is close to death, base healing increases.

Inspiration (Ii)
Req: WIS > 15
When a heal is successful, the target gets a
bonus to attacks and heals.

Events

---Someone set up us the bomb!---
What? You haven't heard? It was my understanding that everyone had heard...
Nightongale Wrote:- Bros before Hoes
- Respect my authority!

Psshhaw, you can't touch me!

/runs off to break these said rules.

... On another note, we could use with less magi and more of the other classes. I'd suggest priests, rogues, hunters, paladins, warriors, and -maybe- warlock. However, if you're a warlock, note that you will most likely be watched for any signs of evilness and without a doubt be lynched if you preform a bad deed. /nod
...Warlocks would -not- be tolerated by the Scryers any more than they are by the Kirin Tor. Think about it.

a) They believe they owe their race's future to the Naaru. Which are beings of pure Light.
b) Their primary objective in the past was the annihilation of Kael'thas' Blood Elves, which advocated power before goodwill and the fall to Fel magic.
c) The Scryers took part in the Shattered Sun Offensive during the Sunwell Campaign, alongside the Aldor. Yes, they worked hand-in-hand to fight off an army of Demons and to restore the Sunwell. With Draenei. It would be kind of hard to fight off demons from your most sacred place, while using a kind of magic that only brings -more- demons into the fray.

The Scryers are not a 'By any means necessary'-group. They're the 'Good guys' of the blood elven Magi, whereas organizations such as the Magisters do accept Fel users in their midst, as they are a shade of grey.

Think a magic-using band of Naaru-worshippers that are led by a guy who has visions of them to fight back against corruption on a shattered world, and you've got the main picture of the Scryers.

...Did I mention that they're pretty much some the best magic users that the Blood Elves had during the time of Kael'thas?
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
They aren't good, they are as cruel as the Aldor can be at times, they try to poison their celebration thingy if I recall in one quest. They show no love like the Argent Crusade would a small puppy, unless that small puppy was made out of gold. And they tolerate warlocks because, if I recall, there are warlocks in the Scryers.
JackofBlades Wrote:They aren't good, they are as cruel as the Aldor can be at times, they try to poison their celebration thingy if I recall in one quest. They show no love like the Argent Crusade would a small puppy, unless that small puppy was made out of gold. And they tolerate warlocks because, if I recall, there are warlocks in the Scryers.
Don't be offended by my avatar. It's not intended to be a handicap sticker, but a man with a gigantic butt.
I'm of the opinion that they do indeed accept warlocks; Reason being, that the Scyers have a warlock trainer named Summoner Durael out in the open in the Scryer's Tier, as opposed to the Aldor who don't have one at all.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
That said, I call Aldor...also, yes, they only follow the Naaru because they (The Blood Elves) believe they (The Naaru) can save them, it's like...the elves will follow Varian in to war, but that doesn't mean they'll adopt human traditions. The Scryers wont become priests and clean if they don't have to, but they are still loyal.

Also I'm not entirely sure the Scryers allow other races in to their ranks, I thought they let everyone help and all, but kept their ranks strickly Blood Elf, I can't really remember but none of the NPC's appear as anything but Belf.
It should be noted... these guys are still Blood Elves. They are as a whole selfish, deviant, and pompous. Not to mention they still have a severe addiction to mana, despite the Sunwell being recovered, as the only thing it's accomplished by bringing it back was providing fuel for a race that suddenly realized "Hey, we -need- this thing".

So it wouldn't be odd for them to have a few Warlocks, as it'd probably be a normal part of their every-day life.
Don't be offended by my avatar. It's not intended to be a handicap sticker, but a man with a gigantic butt.
That's a good point Jack, I think we're rather torn whether or not to accept non blood elves. We might allow them to have a sort of probationary rank, and never allow them to rise, or we might not allow them at all.....sort of tough. We might need to see what the GMs think on that.

Also, Flammos, "Many of the strongest and brightest amongst Kael'thas' scholars and magisters had been swayed by Voren'thal's influence." Not all of them were, so it shouldn't mean that because we play a Scryer we have super arcane powers and can kill anyone.
Isn't that elf burning a banner of the Light? <,<
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

The Aldor.
Who use the naaru as their symbol! Hah!

Hehe, they see/saw themselves as the vanguard of the Army of the Light, so it makes sense.

The Naaru aren't pure light.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
To the draenei they represent the Light, so them using them as symbols of it isn't odd. It's similar to other symbols of the Light too, like what we see in the churches and graveyards around Azeroth.

Anyway, not to put this too off topic, but I thought it interesting that the relation between the two factions are as hostile as they seem to be.

The hostility seems to be a gimmick for the game mechanic of choosing a faction, in my opinion. I can understand it more for Aldor hating Scryers, but it seems more like the Scryers would be apologetic for what the Blood Elves did to the Draenei.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Scryers SachikoMaeda 17 2,871 11-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda