The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Scryers
NOTE. This is still a work in progress post. More will be added if interest is there! I would like to see this take off and open up RP options for Outland Belves and non Belves. (This is also a great thing for you peeps with approved Demon Hunters and Magisters to do!)

[Image: Scryers_Tabard.jpg]

The Scryers
“I’ve seen you in a vision, naaru. My race’s only hope for survival lies with you. My followers and I are here to serve you.” -- Voren'thal the Seer

Who Are They?

Once one of Kael'thas Sunstrider's most valuable assets, this legion of Elves defected from the Prince under the lead of Voren'thal the Seer. He offered aid to the naaru A'dal in the fight against Illidan and the Legion with many of the best magisters and scholars. With the threat of Keal'thas and Illidan gone, they work within Shattrath maintaining the Seer's Library and pleasing the naaru A'dal.

What Do We Do? (And how to get in!)

This particular group of Scryers work in and outside of Shattrath to expand the knowledge within the Seer's Library and destroy any pockets of Legion activity they come across. They have no official leader, though they see Relar Sunhawk as their commander. Their function is for the greater good of their faction and usually stick to an outlook that the ends justify the means. One can make their way into Relar's ranks by proving themselves worthy if they were not a part of the original Scryers.

Ranks

Magister. Those who were Magisters that had defected and regained their standing with the Magistry of Silvermoon. Only fully approved Magisters may take this rank.

Scholar. Bookkeepers, arcanists, enchanters... Anyone who deals more with knowledge than physical altercations. These mind-over-matter individuals serve as the backbone of the group and are usually seen in the Seer's Library in Scryer's Tier, Shattrath. This rank is typically for spellcasting classes, though any class can join it.

Ranger. The fighters of the group. They work closely with the scouts. The usually go further out than Scryer's Tier, and sometimes, outside of the Outlands and back to Azeroth. They are not limited to ranged and close combat.

Scout. The stealth. Scouts go anywhere and everywhere with the Rangers to find information or potential enemies. They go out to confirm anything a scrying mage may find or to retrieve objects. When in the field, they favor stealth tactics to get the job done quickly and efficiently.

Recruit. Those who have just recently taken to this particular group of Scryers. Whether they've been with the Scryer's since the beginning or was taken in by Relar, they either prefer to keep their affiliation loose or have yet to decide how they can fully contribute to the cause.

OOC Information

I do plan to put a lot of work into this guild now. Though I have a chaotic schedule, I'll try my best to organize and event at least once every two weeks. I'd like to keep it active and generate RP for Outlands and Shattrath. Keep in mind the rules of CotH when playing a character in the guild. It is preferred to have a fully approved character join the guild.

As of current, both myself and Ozewse can add people to the guild.

This guild is still in its early stages. It'll need a lot of love and care to get anywhere. Remember that the role play starting doesn't have to fall to the guild leaders. They're just the ones who get you in! Expect plenty of casual RP in the beginning while a solid storyline is formulated.

Event Information

Like I said, I plan to keep events going. Most of it will be regarding trips across Outlands for scouting missions, combat against demons, and non combat events regarding information collection. I would like to keep events open to anyone in the guild to create and DM! I'll make a thread for event organization if enough interest comes in.

Remember. This is here for everyone to join in and for everyone to relax and have fun! I plan to give a storyline for people to follow and goals to work to!
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
The Scryers are awesome, Outland is awesome, TBC's lore is awesome, this guild must be awesome.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
S.C.R.Y.E.R.S.: Sachiko Creates Roleplay You Envy. Real Serious.
How about I make the character and then put it up in workshop before bed? :D
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
My personal preference is geared to fully approved characters. Though I will review a workshop profile and consider an exception to that! (Don't expect me to approve said profile, though. Don't want any sort of bias to cause confusion.)
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
Hmm...race restrictions? The last one didn't allow Drenei (Pfft, I believe that's spelt right >.>). I was thinking tauren druid?
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
Vath would be at home here! If... I got around playing him.
The Scryers are a neutral faction and is open to all, though Blood Elf is preferred.

And McKnubber needs to RP moar. I smell an opportunity.
I am tech support

What got the Scryers to do with Demon Hunters?
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
Scryers have always been one of my favorite factions and I really hope this kicks off well. Even though I'm kind of opposed to having thousands of alts and the character I currently have going on is not really oriented in the Scryer department, I still hope to RP with the guild and its members.

So good luck!

Quote:What got the Scryers to do with Demon Hunters?

Mostly everything.

The Scryers are pretty much a corps that seceded from Illidan's forces. Most of them have, at some point, been in the Black Temple, have seen Illidan's teachings at hand. And some of them have may even had a first hand glimpse of just how DHs work. Although not heavily, pretty much all Scryers appreciate the light and the Naaru's view of it. It's what got them to secede in the first place. But be that as it may, most Scryers will know this and that about Demon Hunters. And demonic magic in general. After all, they've had close interaction with the most prominent of the latter.
[Image: timeshift_by_castlegfx-d3ctsob.jpg]
"guns n stack paypa holla holla get dolla"
- George Washington
Finally, realistic friends for Kurin.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
I was thinking about profiling a Blood Elf Dragonhawk rider.... I'll get to writing it's profile soon, and try to join the Scryers. =D
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
That's.. somewhat interesting. While there's the fact that Demon Hunters were trained and working under Illidan, Illidan is the one that gave Blood Elves the new source of power (fel) but is also the one that corrupted Kael'thas the most. The Scryers turned their backs to Illidan and Kael'thas directly that for taking Illidan's most loyal underlings under their banner is hard to believe even if Illidan is dead. One more thing would be that the scryers were sent by Kael'thas to attack Shattrath. Key word is "Kael'thas''; we can't know if The Scryers went in the black temple or even touched Illidan's forces. What we know is that Kael'thas had his base in Netherstorm while Illidan had the Black Temple. I am sure the demon hunter training wasn't done in Netherstorm. Perhaps Sachiko knows more from GMs. Interesting theory however.
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
(10-29-2012, 06:52 PM)SachikoMaeda Wrote: Their function is for the greater good of their faction and usually stick to an outlook that the ends justify the means.

So long as it benefits the Scryers, they'll take in help. This includes Demon Hunters. Though of course NPCs in events or that may be puppeted by GMs may prove to be wary of them.

"You wanna kill demons? Well, we need to kill these demons. Sounds like we can make a great team."
I am tech support

(10-30-2012, 01:42 AM)chedarcheesy Wrote: I was thinking about profiling a Blood Elf Dragonhawk rider.... I'll get to writing it's profile soon, and try to join the Scryers. =D

THIS IDEA EXCITES ME
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Scryers Nightongale 35 4,436 03-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Last Post: BountyHunter