The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Patching issues / miscellaneous problems
I've been doing quite a bit of recruiting for CotH, inviting and adopting friends into the CotH community. My most recent contribution is Molbyn. He's having trouble getting his client to work.

We have the patchlist and realmlist set. We've tried purging the cache. He's registered on the server and his introduction has been approved. The problem persists: he is constantly told that his client needs to patch to play, even though he's patched to 3.3.5a.

It is notable that he is operating on a borrowed version of my own client which has proven fully functional for me. It is also notable that when we try his account on my computer, it works fine.

But when I open his account up on mine, I notice something interesting. On my computer, though I have TBC and WotLK installed, I am not allowed to access WotLK/TBC content. Molbyn, however, has full access, including Death Knights and TBC races.

Why does his computer demand he patch? He's got the same patches I do - 3.3.5a - and the same client that I do. Why does his account have WotLK access and mine doesn't? We have the same software installed.

Thanks in advance!
Lumji Hammergrin [Gnome Warrior] - weapons-master, body-builder, tactical expert and avid boxer!
Tigris Coldeye [Orc Rogue] - Scourge-hunter and master of subterfuge!
Ja'kari'fon [Troll Shaman] - paranoid witch doctor, aspiring Shadow Hunter, and tavern-troll!
The first one I know. He's trying to use the launcher. Wrong!

What you need to do is use the WoW thing. It's right above where it goes through all patches go. In the original WoW folder.

Second, I got no clue. Maybe redownload WotLK specifically?
Wait--when he made his account, did he make it WotLK?

Also, yes, he has to run WoW.exe and not the launcher--and I believe the launcher resets the realmlist.wtf file.
i am geko
i live heer
and my favorite food is crikkits
But that's the thing: he opened wow.exe. We double-checked the realmlist after we had the first failure, and it was still correct.
Lumji Hammergrin [Gnome Warrior] - weapons-master, body-builder, tactical expert and avid boxer!
Tigris Coldeye [Orc Rogue] - Scourge-hunter and master of subterfuge!
Ja'kari'fon [Troll Shaman] - paranoid witch doctor, aspiring Shadow Hunter, and tavern-troll!
Try renaming the folder. Heard it might work.
Honor isn't something to be meddled with...
[Image: samurai_honor_by_sabby_nub-d39eci5.jpg]
I got the same problem, I downloaded the torrent for 3.3.5a. Then, I set the realmlist, log in with forum account, but it displays message that a patch is needed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Guide to Getting Started and Fixing Technical Problems HeroLief 115 124,688 01-26-2015, 05:51 AM
Last Post: lordnathal
  Log-in Problems SpartAl412 1 1,693 12-09-2014, 03:58 PM
Last Post: muhaha8
  catalysm problems, please help huntertdx 6 1,479 07-04-2014, 06:53 AM
Last Post: Aethon
  Connection Issues? Ironhide 7 1,587 07-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Shanura
  Technical Issues VoxServetium 13 2,986 05-27-2014, 08:50 PM
Last Post: VoxServetium