The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Guide to Getting Started and Fixing Technical Problems
[Image: AnimatedToC.gif]

Current Server Version: 4.3.4a (Build 15595 - Catacylsm)

Current Alt Server Version: 3.3.5a (Build 12340 - WoTLK)

[Image: Linux_Logo.png][Image: Applelogo.png][Image: pc.png]
Things to do before you begin:
I'm expecting you've already created an account and know how to navigate the forums, otherwise you couldn't be reading this right now. And so, let's continue.
- Using this format, post an introduction here.
- Use this account manager to create a server account that you can use to log in to the server.
Now you may continue with the tutorial respective to the operating system you are going to play on.

[Image: Linux_Logo.png]
Linux instructions:
I run Ubuntu 10.04LTS, so this is written from my point of view. I try my hardest to make it universal, however.

First, you need to install Wine. Consult here on how to do that for your specific distribution.
Then, you need to download and install the Windows client. Do so here, picking the Windows version specific to which server you plan on playing on.
Next, you've got to change your realmlist. Go to your base WoW directory, and then go into the Data folder, and then the folder for your respective retail realm (enUS, enGB, etc). Find the file "realmlist.wtf" and open it with your Wine notepad program (it's in your windows directory for Wine; for me, it's located at "/home/alex/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/notepad.exe"). Erase everything there and change it to:
set realmlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com
set patchlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us

Now you're ALMOST set to go! There's one last thing you've got to do specially for Linux. Go to your WoW directory and open up the folder titled "WTF". Inside, there should be a file titled "config.wtf". Open it up with your Wine notepad (as explained above), scroll to the bottom, and add the following line:
SET gxApi "OpenGL"

NOW you're good to go! Be sure to run WoW via wow.exe and NOT launcher.exe. Normally, this would corrupt the realmlist and fix it back to retail and attempt to patch to the retail version. However, attempting to even open launcher.exe in Wine brings up a huge mess. It just doesn't work.

[Image: Applelogo.png]
Mac instructions:

Firstly, install the desired WoW client here, picking the Windows version specific to which server you plan on playing on.

Using this video fix your realm list. Be sure to run it in 480p mode so you can actually make out what it says. Please do note that it wants you to change to some strange realm, instead of that, fill in this:
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us

On top of that, do not run WoW normally, as you cannot anymore or else it will attempt to patch. Instead, from there, go to your WoW folder and make a shortcut on your desktop to "WoW.app" in the WoW folder; do NOT use the shortcut it created when WoW was installed. Use this new one instead. From there, you should be able to play. Just log in with the account you create here.

[Image: pc.png]
Windows instructions:

Firstly, install World of Warcraft, picking the Windows version specific to which server you plan on playing on.
From there, go to C:\Program Files\[worldofwarcraftpath]\Data\[LocaleID], and you should see a file named "realmlist.wtf". Open it up with notepad or some other text editor or whatever, and inside it should look like this:
set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us

Change it so that it looks like this.
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us

From there, go to your WoW folder and make a shortcut on your desktop to "c:\program files\WOWID\WoW.exe". From there, you should be able to play. Just log in with the account you create here.

Frequently Asked Questions

Help! When I try and connect to the realm it just sends me back to the list of realms no matter how many times I click on it!
Don't fret! The login server is down, which means nobody can connect, however people that were connected when it went down will still be on until the main server goes offline. They may log out but cannot get back in until the login server goes back up.
Contact Kretol or Grakor via PM to get their attention and fix it.

What do I do if I'm using a newer version than the one the server is on?
Then you need to de-patch.

How do I perform a de-patch?
Under your WoW directory, there should be a folder called "Data". Inside of that folder there should be a file called "Patch.MPQ". Delete that file. Then, in your WoW directory, run the program "repair.exe" (PC) or "repair.app" (Mac). It should repair you to patch 3.0.0. From there, patch up using the guide above to get yourself to the current patch.
Visit this announcement and check the bottom of the page!

I'm not sure if I set things up correctly on my end!
Take a look at the following video!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSwY-d5w0YY[/youtube]

I have a different problem/my problem was not solved!
Then post what the problem is and what you've done to try and fix it and I'll try to get to you!
Please also include your current operating system along with the other information. E.X.:
  • Help! The images in World of Warcraft looks very strange
  • and the people have messed-up faces! I've tried using the
  • repair tool but it just won't work! My current operating
  • system is Windows XP SP3!

Happy Roleplaying!
[Image: divider1.png][Image: char1hidden.png][Image: divider2.png][Image: animated.gif][Image: divider3.png][Image: char3hidden.png][Image: divider4.png][Image: char4hidden.png][Image: divider5.png][Image: char5hidden.png][Image: divider6.png]
Email at Hero_Lief@yahoo.
Just a little pointer, in the Mac walkthrough, you mentioned "Wow.exe" and not "Wow.app"

That's all I can find wrong with it. Great guide..!
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
Thank you, and fixed!
[Image: divider1.png][Image: char1hidden.png][Image: divider2.png][Image: animated.gif][Image: divider3.png][Image: char3hidden.png][Image: divider4.png][Image: char4hidden.png][Image: divider5.png][Image: char5hidden.png][Image: divider6.png]
Massively updated! And thanks for the sticky! I hope this helps a lot of people. ^_^
Ok well since I installed WOTLK my realmlist.wtf moved into data. I copied, and pasted the realmlist into the wtf. folder, and no go. I'm running OXS 10.4.11 Any ideas? = D
You never stood a chance if you never tried to try.
Ok well since I installed WOTLK my realmlist.wtf moved into data. I copied, and pasted the realmlist into the wtf. folder, and no go. I'm running OXS 10.4.11 Any ideas? = D
So far, it looks like I only had to run the installer once, and then it went straight to patching to 3.2.

Also, let's hear it for downloading the patch at work on a 20mb/s line.

I'll let everyone know if it works.
So far, it looks like I only had to run the installer once, and then it went straight to patching to 3.2.

Also, let's hear it for downloading the patch at work on a 20mb/s line.

I'll let everyone know if it works.
Yoshintoku Wrote:Ok well since I installed WOTLK my realmlist.wtf moved into data. I copied, and pasted the realmlist into the wtf. folder, and no go. I'm running OXS 10.4.11 Any ideas? = D
Does it still have the "Extra realmlist" that it sometimes creates in the enUS inside the Data folder? On some patches, Blizzard made it do that to try and stop private servers. Just delete that one.
Yoshintoku Wrote:Ok well since I installed WOTLK my realmlist.wtf moved into data. I copied, and pasted the realmlist into the wtf. folder, and no go. I'm running OXS 10.4.11 Any ideas? = D
Does it still have the "Extra realmlist" that it sometimes creates in the enUS inside the Data folder? On some patches, Blizzard made it do that to try and stop private servers. Just delete that one.
Terant Wrote:

Well when I installed WOTLK on the weekend my old realmlist.wtf got deleted, and a new one apeared in the enUS inside the data folder. I deleted that one, and downloaded the one off the side but still no go.
Terant Wrote:

Well when I installed WOTLK on the weekend my old realmlist.wtf got deleted, and a new one apeared in the enUS inside the data folder. I deleted that one, and downloaded the one off the side but still no go.
Multiple realmlists? I've never had that problem. My realmlist is located here:
C:\Program Files\WoW CotH\Data\EnUS\realmlist.wtf
which is where you apparently delete yours from. Try moving your CotH one there.
Multiple realmlists? I've never had that problem. My realmlist is located here:
C:\Program Files\WoW CotH\Data\EnUS\realmlist.wtf
which is where you apparently delete yours from. Try moving your CotH one there.
Ok well I tried to move that realmlist into the data but still no go. Not sure what you mean by "Wow CoTH" folder. This is mac btw X_x *drums his fingers on the battle field table as he contemplates what to try next.*

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Log-in Problems SpartAl412 1 1,693 12-09-2014, 03:58 PM
Last Post: muhaha8
  catalysm problems, please help huntertdx 6 1,479 07-04-2014, 06:53 AM
Last Post: Aethon
  Technical Issues VoxServetium 13 2,986 05-27-2014, 08:50 PM
Last Post: VoxServetium
  RP Addon problems Hyenasaurus 0 872 12-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Hyenasaurus
  Problems logging in... Ukarai 2 944 09-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Ukarai