The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Upcoming Lore FAQ
So, a suggestion was made to have a Lore FAQ, which I liked the idea of. I'll be posting a sticky in the Lore subforum to answer the common questions we get over and over. If you think that a particular question should appear in this FAQ, post it here, and if I like it, I'll put it in.

What's already planned to appear:

1. Various questions pertaining to Priest and Warlock magic. "Can Priests use light and shadow at the same time?" etc.
2. Questions pertaining to Priest, Warlock, and Paladin alignment. "Can Paladins be evil?" "Can Warlocks be good?" etc.
3. Death Knight origins. AKA "When were player DKs killed?" "Can a player DK be a high elf/whatever?"

Anything else anyone can think of?
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Is the specializing I showed in my Totemic Druid guide allowed here? If more explanation is needed, than I will be able to explain at the event, or whatever it is.

Also, would fanon Druid sects be possible? (See: Druid of the Tusk. Aspect, Agamaggan.)
Why certain things can't be done even if in lore they'd be possible? (See: multiclassing)

So you don't have to answer that question over and over.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
When the fall of Gnomeregan was, it's not too clear on the timeline.

I probably have some more, but that was one that popped up the other day.
Aphetoros Wrote:Why certain things can't be done even if in lore they'd be possible? (See: multiclassing)

So you don't have to answer that question over and over.

Yes, good idea.

Also, note to self: question pertaining to the legality of using Warlock/Shadow magic in regards to each faction.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Around when did the Draenei reach Draenor?
Are we going to be using the official or unofficial timeline in terms of the timeskip that ICly happens from the end of lich king to cata?

Perhaps a explanation, of OOC skills which can be used ICly with brief descriptions as to.. how?

It's not really a lore thing (Though used ICly a lot nonetheless), but frequently discussed and asked. Summon infernal, shadowstep, .. and probably much more out of my head. Although, imagining that can be turned quite big, maybe it's more proper for a separate list. *thinks*
Psychyn Wrote:Perhaps a explanation, of OOC skills which can be used ICly with brief descriptions as to.. how?

It's not really a lore thing (Though used ICly a lot nonetheless), but frequently discussed and asked. Summon infernal, shadowstep, .. and probably much more out of my head. Although, imagining that can be turned quite big, maybe it's more proper for a separate list. *thinks*

Don't forget stealth!
I believe that certain rogue abilities are only available to rogue-related prestiges. (Shadowstep, stealth, etc. would be for Assassins.) You get the point.
Going strictly by lore, most rogues actually use the shadow magic school; see Sinister Strike which is magical in origin.

Any who, I have a few things!

I'd just like for it to be put up on there that not all Blood Knights are devout followers of the light; The Sunwell, having been infused with the essence of a Naaru also give light wielders free reign over holy abilities, as well as arcane to mages. Further you are from the sunwell, the further you are from your power source.

Another thing. Night elf blood! Blue, purple, red, black? I've seen every one of these used in RP, and heard many discussions about it.

It'd also be good to have that an undead still lives without it's head.

I'll probably think of some more, but I'm on my itouch and it's unfortunately hard to type on this tin screen.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Lore for the Flower Picker clan.

Couldn't find much for it :v
I would like to suggest people use this for lore questions that are simply -not explained anywhere-, so we can come to a census on everything.

Try not to ask questions you could find the answer for with five minutes of looking on WoWwiki! :D
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Just something that would be nice... A list of maybe three or more planets the Draenei could have gone to, with a brief explanation of it's general climate, native life, etc. Just as something for Draenei to talk about IC. ExamPlea would be an ice planet inhabited by yeti-like creatures, or a completely water based world with minimal lumber to build ships for them. Just a thought, since it's been brought up what kinds of planets the Draenei have visited in RP; Continuity of names and general descriptions for the planets would be nice.

Also! For the age discrepancy for Orcs to be cleared up. See: Grom Hellscream. Do Orcs who drank mannoroth's blood really live for hundreds of years?
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Are Death Knights alive or dead?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Potential CotH custom lore world Dae 2 4,928 02-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Help with Blood Elven lore wsemler 4 1,097 09-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Reigen
  Ask the Creative Devs #2 Lore Grakor456 12 3,426 06-23-2011, 06:12 PM