The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Since everyone is doing it so... Yeah, feedback please?
Pretty much what the title says. Would like feedback about me, IC'ly and OOC'ly. Constructive criticism is welcome, as well as compliments (if any). My most played characters are Celes, Djim, Epsilon and Saiyuu. Go wild~ But no hating please.
Celes: The only character that I RPed with. She is unique and very well played.

Djim: I've seen him around during the plague event, using the female model to RP him was brilliant.

Epsilon: My favorite Death Knight on the server. You are one of the few who get the personality of Death Knights.

OOC: Can't say I've talked to you a lot OOC other than the occasional general chat, but you seem like a cool person.
THANK YOU OCEANS
[Image: House.png?t=1300999439]
I always felt like.. there was a bit of OOCness with your characters. I forget what you said exactly in rp, but it felt out of place for someone like a draenei to call an orc a little prick, especially when orcs have exterminated about 80% or so of the draenei race.

I think Djim also mentioned something regarding Marianna and something very explicit along the lines of anal sex. I would probably refrain from this as mentioned because it's out of place to regard someone like a felsworn and a villain.

Celes.. I do not really agree with. I don't agree with the idea that a warrior wearing bikini is somehow more evasive. Sure, cloth is more comfortable, but it shouldn't make you harder to hit. In fact it should be the opposite: it'll be much easier to hit a clothie warrior.

Don't be afraid to try plate, you know?
I have had a fairly small amount of RP with you unfortunately but the small amounts have been fairly enjoyable :) I do however agree with what Wuvvums is saying about both the OOCness and the plate although neither is exactly a big issue I think it would be good to work on. I do also like your death knight, I haven't had any direct RP with her but I have 'overheard' RP and I think she is very close to how I think a Death Knight should be played! So well done for that, a big thumbs up and hope to get some more RP with you soon.
I'm a saint in sinner's eyes.
Not sure about the particular instances that Wuvvums is talking about.

I had heard obscene odd language from Djim, but I don't think obscenity is always a bad thing depending on the character. As for Celes and plate armor, I always thought Celes was more of a Tavern RP character because I never actually seen her in combat.
THANK YOU OCEANS
[Image: House.png?t=1300999439]
She went to fight my orc before, but that's the only anecdote I remember.

What I was referencing is more the atmosphere. We had a felsworn and a plague in Booty Bay and someone just idly in the middle of all the town and mayhem just discussing about how she needs to [censor] her [censor].

All the while a goblin shredder is heading in and yeah.

It felt really out of place, and as mentioned the words felt more OOC.
I have to agree with Wuvvums on this. I also have to wonder why most of your female characters (I haven't seen any but Saiyuu, Epsilon, and Celes) are extremely well developed, if you catch my drift. It really gives off the wrong idea.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
My only criticism is more perceived rather than evidenced.

I feel like your characters have a lot of 'canned' actions that come across reminiscent of the typical 'anime' response. Their reactions and emotions all appear exaggerated, almost caricatured. If you're playing shy Djim being confronted about his gender, you'll take it to the point where he begins blushing and stuttering over his words - to give one specific example. The same can be said of all your characters in one way or another, which makes me think it's less of a personality thing and more your 'style' of roleplaying. It might not even necessarily be a bad thing, it's just something I picked up on that I personally try to shy away from.

I'm a fan of how light-hearted you keep roleplay, though. In the brief windows when I've had the chance to roleplay with you one-on-one, I found that you managed to keep things fresh and interesting without having to go to extreme or absurd lengths - and I'll be damned if being able to interact with a character yours has nothing in common with for more than fifteen minutes isn't a good skill to have.
I was reading in another thread about how people are a bit afraid to voice their concerns or criticisms to other players. I'm guessing that if I give any feedback, it should be honest. I don't want to be mean about this, and in fact you don't have to change anything about your characters if you don't want to, but I wanted to offer an honest opinion on some of them.

Djim - Djim is actually rather comical when it comes to his gender, but I find the character to be a bit confusing. Is he bothered when someone mistakes him for a woman? It seems that he is, but at the same time he sort of lets this happen. He makes no effort to act like a man, dress like a man, or hold himself like a man, but seems to be annoyed when people can't guess he's a guy. You think after awhile he'd try wearing something other than shorts, maybe try to act tougher to get it across.

Also, OOCly, he seems to be contradictory to the artwork. You draw him looking really nice, sweet, and innocent, but the character himself seems to act rather crass. I also see you get on him and come at other characters springing character warnings. I just don't really see this as the type to get into killing situations.

Epsilon – I guess the living death knight thing is still something to be debatable, but if the GMs are fine with her being one, then I'm not going to complain. However, the history makes her seem like she's supposed to be a tragic character. She was subjugated to the Scourge's torture and unwillingly converted into a Knight of death. She apparently suffered mental and emotional damage from this.

However when we look on this “damage” she has has become more of a comedic point. I've heard she does things like chew on a fruit bowl, and all I could think of doing is waggle my finger and go “oh you~”

It seems that her tragedy is rather lost in the character then, if all it does is make her act silly, and make people see her as cute and childish.

As another note I've heard this from others, and I've felt this too, but her ghoul is a rather offensive stereotype. I can't really put it well into words, but I think Epsilon's ghoul seems to reflect this kind of archetype:

Spoiler:
[Image: gay-hair-stylist.jpg]

It might not have been what you intended, but it has made some people annoyed with the ghoul.

Sallie – Since Sallie doesn't have a profile, all her information that I have on her is somewhat second-hand. From what I heard this character thinks she's a princess because she's schizophrenic. Once again I think she's in the same boat as Epsilon where the mentally challenged become a comedic relief, and meant to be something silly rather than taken seriously. However, I do find this to be rather insensitive towards people with mental disabilities. I think there could be a way to act silly/cute and be silly/cute without having to slap a mental disorder on the character. It just takes a bit of creativity.

That being said she, like Djim, is rather confusing. She seems to act like she's 10 or 12 but will write about three-way sex between an orc, a human, and a NElf. I am guessing you wanted to have a comedic effect once more, and hey, I had a few laughs too, it's not really one to get hung up about, it's just what came to mind.

That being said with her being so harmless and silly I am curious why some of the other characters were plotting to kill you.

Celes – Celes isn't a character I know well. I must say though that when I do see her rp, it's not very fitting for a draenei and you have probably heard this. You aren't the only one who does this, however. I see a lot of draenei females get played off as being naïve when they are one of the more serious and longer lived races.

Your night elf whose name I can't remember – There's a reason why I personally avoid roleplaying night elves, and it's because they are very hard to role play. From what I get they're xenophobic, strange, and while they are in fact humanoids we shouldn't expect them to act like humans or even like humans. They essentially see the other races as children to themselves because Night Elves are so ancient and wise. They also are rather prideful, and would rather die fighting than be taken prisoner most of the time.

That being said it seems strange that while your character was once a slave, she is now free, but still insists on being obedient and subservient to a human. Most Night elves in her situation, I would imagine, would be reserved, give the human a polite thanks, and then get the hell away from Booty Bay and all the other goblin ports.

Maybe I'm a little biased because I did the same thing with the one and only night elf I ever made when I was new to the server, then I promptly got embarrassed and decided to never play a NElf again.

OOC – Finally I guess I wanted to address my thoughts on you. You're a very social rper so we can always count on you to bring some zany antics to the rp around you. Sometimes the rp makes me want to roll my eyes, sometimes it's good and fun though. I do like how you are more cooperative to what happens around you, when I was on Tokk for instance I could do harmless things like lead you by the hand and pick you up while other players would complain in general. I think overall you're more receptive to actually let shit happen and not hop in another channel to bog down the roleplay with why so and so shouldn't happen.

I believe your characters were made for a certain purpose and to me that seems to be romance rp. It's like they were made to be popular, pretty, and good-looking, and light-hearted. I am guessing this is what you're comfortable with and I know it's hard to actually step out of that bubble at times and have things be a little different. That however is a choice that you have to make, and at your own pace, if it were to happen.

I think that's about all the feedback I can leave for right now. It may be a bit to take in because it's a lot of stuff that was building up but was never really said.
I agree with some of the things Wuvvums said, but i'll write my own feedback.

Djim: Regarding Djim i'd have to agree with Wuvvums and say he looks innocent and harmless, but speaks as if he wants to destroy the planet. It's a little odd and doesn't seem too fitting, but other than that he's fun to RP with and the whole girl/guy thing always makes me laugh, seeing his reaction to someone calling him a girl is priceless.

Celes: I've only RPed once with Celes and she doesn't seem very naive, other than her clothing. She speaks and acts mature, with the occasional childish moment. The whole armor thing is a little questionable, but seeing as it's easier to jump around and move freely in cloth than in plate, it kind of makes up for it in my eyes. Overall Celes is nice to RP with from the short experience I had.

Epsilon: My personal favorite from the bunch, Epsilon is great fun to RP with, even though Wuvvums was right about the whole comic relief thing, I would imagine it's logical because from what you told me, Epsilon's organs are damaged, so i'd imagine along the others the brain suffered a little damage as well (Not trying to sound offensive). So it's easy for me to see why she acts silly at times.

Sallie: No complaints on Sallie from me, she's fun to RP with but a little odd at times. It's like when I play Bergol (A tauren warrior with head trauma) i'm trying to play him completely clueless to the world, but sometimes I put myself a little into it and cause him to say mature and intellectual things in his special way.
So it seemed to me a few times like Sallie was trying to say something that wouldn't be right to her character in her own way. (Can't really give an example, since I don't remember much.)

And as a note, to Wuvvums. While it is true that people might find Sallie's condition offensive to them, those people exist in our world, so why won't they exist in the WoW world? Of course I don't mean to offend anyone, but it just seems logical that people like that exist in WoW. There probably are some NPC's around to prove it.

OOC: From my experience with you on GMI, you're pretty fun! But after all, it wasn't much experience, so I can't write down too much here.
What happens if a bowl of Tauren spills into Wednesday on a bed of six o'clock?
The main issue with rping defects is rping them incorrectly (which is very easy to do), and offending people who actually -have- these issues. *Shrug*

Still. best not to debate this in a feedback thread.

From what I've noticed, you're a good RPer. No complaints about grammar or anything. And you seem to have a good grasp on your characters.

As others have stated though, sometimes I feel things can get a bit too silly with your characters, thinking that he/she is royalty, or anything like that... they're just too out there for me to really RP with. Perhaps I just prefer more serious roleplays. But... eh.

To each their own.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
To me, all of your characters, while RP'd well enough, all have attributes that tie themselves together.

Never RP'd with Celes, but i've seen Djim and Epsilon, and they're both very... obscene. Vehemently so. Not necessarily a bad thing, and i'm not judging you for it. You do, after all, have the right to RP your own characters. But the fact that both of them (I hope Celes isn't) talk like that is meh.

Just seems a little excessive.
[Image: tumblr_mjjxhcqmG51qh076xo1_250.png]
My only issue is that I have seen you in trust fights and no matter what the blow is, or what the attack is rather, Celes avoids it. Don't be afraid to take hits. Otherwise <3
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Wuvvums Wrote:As another note I've heard this from others, and I've felt this too, but her ghoul is a rather offensive stereotype. I can't really put it well into words, but I think Epsilon's ghoul seems to reflect this kind of archetype:

Spoiler:
[Image: gay-hair-stylist.jpg]

It might not have been what you intended, but it has made some people annoyed with the ghoul.

I admit, this is something that made me go off on a raving rant for a while. It's entirely possible that I'm overly sensitive to this, given the circumstances. I have a strong dislike of the "camp gay" stereotype, so whenever I see a depiction like Epsilon's ghoul, it immediately darkens my mood.

With that exception noted, I don't have much of an issue with your RP. Some of your characters come off as a bit odd, but you have a strength for injecting comedy into a scene.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
I've only RP'd with Epsilon, and briefly met Celes, but from both occurrences, I've noticed they are both very well played characters. I am horrible at ctritiquing anything however, I'll add a short note.

Also, with the comedian side of your characters, I approve of their use of various language and actions, so long as it doesn't harm anyone's feelings OOCly, as Grakor pointed out in the above post, as well as keeping things a bit more realistic...I can't seem to find better wording for it, and can't seem to find a specific example, so I'll end with that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cappn Feedback 4: Feedback 4Ever CappnRob 1 4,611 08-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Zenethen