The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Druidic Healing
So, I thought I'd ask...

Multiple GMs have stated that we CANNOT regrow limbs using the Light as a healing source. This is not debatable in this thread. Make a new one if you want to.

But what about the Druids? Or even the Shaman! Sure, it'd take a long time, be very painful, and may not be quite as nice as the first time, but is that possible?
I know one thing about druid healing. The science behind it is that enhances natural regeneration which is why it does not work on the undead.

A GM told me that, the one who RPs as a troll.
THANK YOU OCEANS
[Image: House.png?t=1300999439]
I believe upon speaking with Lox on this many times in the past. Limbs can be regrown with immense amounts of natural healing energies.

So Druids and shaman might find themselves able to heal a lost limbs with -a lot- of effort, but Priests and paladins are out of luck in that aspect.
This is grand, I knew I'd love RPing as a druid.
THANK YOU OCEANS
[Image: House.png?t=1300999439]
That being the case, it'd probably be easier just to reattach the limb with magic instead of regrowing it. Well... If you can manage to grab a chopped off arm during a battle and run off with it. :P
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Beltharean Wrote:That being the case, it'd probably be easier just to reattach the limb with magic instead of regrowing it. Well... If you can manage to grab a chopped off arm during a battle and run off with it. :P

It's easier than you think! Ask Abby, who in the middle of the heated battle to escape the ruins of alterac during the kidnapped event, took her time to search the ruined castle for her previously severed left hand and right fingers.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
I'll be sure to :P

Sounds like quite the story, hehe.
"Every gun..."

"...Makes its own tune."

She even found them and reattached them and went on to burrowing a sword and shield from Karast. She still calls them her lucky armaments, seeing how she came out of that battle almost completely unscathed. She even killed two guards with snowballs!

On topic, though. I think Krilari is correct here. Regrowing limbs with druidic healing seems plausible. However, the amount of energy to do it would border the amount needed to rezz somebody. Which is a crapload of energy. It's probably leave a single druid exhausted for days if s/he would attempt such a thing alone.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
Just as a side note...

Even with his natural healing, and the constant use of both health potions and shamanistic magic, I RP'd Kaz as taking about three months to grow his foot back. Should regrowth via magic take months as I RP'd it, or moments, as with a resurrection?
"Every gun..."

"...Makes its own tune."

Also as a side note. . .

Restoration from resurrection involves recreating the body and then putting the spirit back inside of them. Restoration with magic whilst someone is alive is, in my eyes, more difficult because it involves molding the flesh, muscle and bone around the spirit itself instead of having the spirit fill it alike a glove.
I always thought of nature healing magic as not actually healing. Rather, it just speeds up natural regeneration. So unless the race is capable of regrowing a limb, I'd personally say no but that's just me.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Hawk Wrote:I always thought of nature healing magic as not actually healing. Rather, it just speeds up natural regeneration. So unless the race is capable of regrowing a limb, I'd personally say no but that's just me.

And me. :wink:
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Healing Magic requiem225 11 2,000 07-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Last Post: hiddengecko
  'Corruption' of Druidic Magic Beltharean 0 679 12-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Beltharean
  Death Knight Healing? nwolowski 4 1,051 07-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Healing ICly saluku 2 863 10-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Scout