The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Instance Lore and YOU!
This is getting on my nerves, really.

Anyone who is an instance boss is dead in lore, unless they have otherwise been revived.. Most of the denizens of instances are dead as well, but that doesn't make them very safe places to be.

The Sunwell is restored and under the control of the Blood Elves. Kael'thas is dead. The Black Temple is lorewise under the control of Akama. Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman are still under control of their respective tribes but are their leaders you kill in the raids are dead. Naxxaramas is probably destroyed. Malygos is dead. Illidan is dead. Blackrock Mountain still isn't a very safe place to be, despite the death of Rend, defeat of Ragnaros, and retreat of Nefarian. VanCleef is dead but the Defias still controls it. The stockades is back to being a jail. Karazhan is haunted by ghosts but Prince Malachazzar and his minions are dead. The list goes on, comrades.
Pain is an illusion.
I approve of this post. It is, indeed, so.

/thumbs-up.

Too many people ignore what has happened in the past. I suppose, in a way, that is realistic, as I would assume that not everyone would know of absolutely every event of the past years, however... Surely the deaths of major figures such as Illidan or Kael'thas would be known. Just as much as the death of Arthas is.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
This is terribly trivial, but...

Isn't Zul'Gurub actually under the sovereignty of the Zandali now?

Or at least in transition thereof?
While I do not think the "This is getting on my nerves" comment is a real helpful addition to this post, it's good to have it in a list. Maybe this can eventually be merged in the upcoming lore FAQ Grakor has his eyes on.

Any-how, for now it's a good fill in. Little thumb up, because big thumbs get between doors.

I mean.. Wat.
This man speaks the truth. Instances bawsses be dead.
i am geko
i live heer
and my favorite food is crikkits
While this is important for lore, not much can be done about it as far as OOC raids go. So, no RPing in Karazhan, or a number of other places for us.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Kind of useful for new members.
Ever since I've come here on CotH I've been told and heard GMs say in chat that most instances on the server are NOT completed ICly, Hakar in Zul'Gurub being the one I remember most vividly being told was still alive.

Question if is this stance has changed lately, if so the GMs should have to be the ones to inform us on the matter.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Some GM input would definitely be welcome on the matter.

My guild back in retail used GHI-created items to RP in instances/raids. Lorewise, they were Bronze Hourglasses that used Bronze Dragonflight technology to allow us to experience the events in an instance out of time. Every run was basically a simulation. Perhaps we can use some of these items here as well?

They had very strict guidelines. They weren't time travel devices, merely tools that would project an image of the past and allow you to interact with said image.
[Image: rainbowedited2.jpg]
---------------------------
Gunther Lichblight [Forsaken Rogue]
Lionell Worgbane [Human Paladin]
Abraham Dragonbeard [Dwarf Hunter]

(07-19-2011, 04:02 PM)Dragonbeard Wrote: Some GM input would definitely be welcome on the matter.

My guild back in retail used GHI-created items to RP in instances/raids. Lorewise, they were Bronze Hourglasses that used Bronze Dragonflight technology to allow us to experience the events in an instance out of time. Every run was basically a simulation. Perhaps we can use some of these items here as well?

They had very strict guidelines. They weren't time travel devices, merely tools that would project an image of the past and allow you to interact with said image.

[Image: what_happens_in_the_holodeck.jpg]
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(07-18-2011, 01:32 PM)Bovel Wrote: Ever since I've come here on CotH I've been told and heard GMs say in chat that most instances on the server are NOT completed ICly, Hakar in Zul'Gurub being the one I remember most vividly being told was still alive.

Question if is this stance has changed lately, if so the GMs should have to be the ones to inform us on the matter.

Hakkar is dead but there are still trolls in ZG and they are most certainly trying to revive him (again again). In Cata they sorta bring him back but I'm unsure whether or not this server is on Cata lorewise yet (I know you nubs I love aren't upgraded to it yet).

Why yes, I did just log in after a month or so of inactivity just to answer your question.

Yours truly,
Darth Gir.
Pain is an illusion.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blizzard Lore Posts - Forums/Twitter/Reddit Beltharean 12 3,062 04-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Catalcysm: Starting Lore Rigley 9 3,427 11-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Mathias
  Helpful Horde Lore Bingles 7 1,997 11-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Bingles
  First War lore questions Nikodemos 4 1,659 08-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Nikodemos
  Quick lore question for all you Trolls DannyRhodes 3 1,098 07-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Bingles