The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

First War lore questions
Specifically I am interested as to the extent of Dalaran's influence during the first war and whether the Frostwolf clan lived in relative peace in Alterac during this time. Any other little tidbits concerning the region would be appreciated as well. I've studied it pretty extensively but lore is somewhat vague about these two subjects during the first war. Thanks guys.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
Dalaran was influenced only in the First War via a minor Kirin Tor presence in Stormwind as well as sending a small relief force as part of the Lordaeron Expedition (but this was probably retconned subtlety by Blizz).

The Frostwolf Clan ninja'd their way to Alterac... Somehow... After the Portal was opened. When they left and when they arrived are not specifically mentioned if I recall, but they did live in relative peace around the First War/Second War time-period. As far as their region goes, the whole Frostwolf vs Stormpike was only recent (around the time WoW ICly began) so the only dangers would be local wildlife or the occasional Alterac patrol pre-Second War.

Hope it helps!
Thanks. The only reference I found of mages in Stormwind during the first war was a group of conjurers who offered their services. It would seem that Alterac was generally untouched durring the war by all acounts.
Try reading Lord of the Clans for some more info on the Frostwolves around that time. Excellent for more insight. On the Dalaran question... it's not clear, but their help in the second war was considerably more than the first.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
Thanks, I really need to get ahold of the Warcraft books. My fiction readings have become nearly obsolete over the last few years. I've studied nothing but history, science and a serious study of radio frequency and magnetism for the last two years. Might be nice to break from this habit for a bit.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blizzard Lore Posts - Forums/Twitter/Reddit Beltharean 12 3,062 04-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Catalcysm: Starting Lore Rigley 9 3,427 11-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Mathias
  Helpful Horde Lore Bingles 7 1,997 11-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Bingles
  Quick lore question for all you Trolls DannyRhodes 3 1,098 07-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Bingles
  Orcs - Subtle lore from the novels Beltharean 5 1,389 05-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Sol