The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Rosencrat is Pretty Mortal
I've been busy as of late, to be honest. Work has been keeping my attention away from our lovely server. Yet, as my job relaxes and I get accustomed to my work load, I find my schedule gradually becoming more open.

With my schedule opening up, I find my attention drifting back to my home away from home, CotH.

As I prepare to leap back into the Role-playing community I wonder about my talent and how I have been conducting myself.

Thusly, I'm curious: How do you people feel about my characters and events? I want to get back into RP in a big way but feel as if there is something about my characters that are holding me back. I would love as much feedback as I can so that, when I get back, I can make any changes necessary and get back on the RP train.

Characters:
Valira
Marjora
Magdalena
Veretta

Events:
Jungle Fever
Darkest Deadwind
Prison RP
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
You know I hate you and wish you would go die.

But I love you none the same, and all of your characters have a quaint personality division between each. If anything, branching out and RPing more would never hurt!
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
Admiral Magdalena is the only character I had the opportunity to RP with and you RP her pretty good (even if you have been offline for 8 days!)

Jungle Fever event was the most fun I have had on this server and I lost many friends that week lol. It was well put together and I love the progression that took place in it.
THANK YOU OCEANS
[Image: House.png?t=1300999439]
I honestly haven't RPed with you a whole terrible lot.

However.

Your emotes are always a joy to read. The Plague event was well done, despite the natural confusion and drama that would arise from it. One critique I would have is you were far too secretive with it. I can understand not telling people what's coming down the pipe for fear of meta-gaming. But being so secretive that it causes drama is counterproductive. You shouldn't make well thought out plans with people then suddenly make a U-turn, leaving them confused in the dust.

Marianna: Nice to have had a villain that was actually a threat, though I wonder if any player character could have gotten away with that she accomplished. Sometimes she bordered on Saturday morning cartoon cliche, especially with the final fight with Navren.

Valira: Don't know much of her yet, looking forward to the psych training.

Veretta: What is it about your characters hating on Anna? I love it.

OOCly:

I'm honestly quite anxious about speaking with you. Not sure why. I do apologise for taking a break when my frustrations boiled over. I would have appreciated some word on what was going on when I returned, since you offered me a large role in your Ziggurat storyline that never happened. Though, again, I was honestly too shy to speak with you.

But, the past is the past.

All in all, <3.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
If you're talking about the Pride of Crestfall, then -that- Magdelena is Spiky. I may be mistaken.
Naw. I'm Magdalena Roncevaux. Wasn't part of that IC storyline.

And about the secrecy...

Honestly, I thought people enjoyed that in an RP. I leave subtle hints whenever I can and leave the rest for people to uncover and delve into. The problem is I have yet had anybody delve into them.

That may just because I'm not consistantly online to provide a chance for people.

Also I made Mar out to be a Saturday Morning Villain. There are far too many villains who pride themselves on 'laying low' and 'keeping a low profile'. Is it realistic? Yes. Is it conducive for some honest good vs. evil RP? Less so.
Your RP is legitimate, Rosen. One thing that always "boggled" me, however, was the direction you took Valira. I just didn't understand it. She went from manipulative politician to some crazy, no-pants zealot. *scratches head*

That's all!
Jason Wrote:YShe went from manipulative politician to some crazy, no-pants zealot.

The best kind of Zealot, Imho.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
Jason Wrote:She went from manipulative politician to some crazy, no-pants zealot.

Can't be a politician without a party!
I just realized, Magdeline =/= Magdelena lol

So than I never RPd with you and I still think your events are golden...
THANK YOU OCEANS
[Image: House.png?t=1300999439]
Honestly, I rather idolized you when I first joined the server, back when you RP'd Marjora a bit more often. I never bothered to ask tour forum name however, and then ended up finding an inspiration in you again once one of my characters joined the Commoner's Party. After that fell through, we hadn't RP'd for quite some time and I believe we still haven't... I'd like to get around to meeting up IC some time again.

Any way, I've thought you were an amazing RP'er since just around day one of my joining the server, and since then been a large fan of all your forum work. It's well thought out, and in the end, well done.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
My only issue is that lately it seems a lot of what you do seems like an ego stroke, otherwise I <3 you.

i.e.
"A native of Alterac, the human warlock has since evolved past her mortal beginnings to become one of the most feared and reviled names in the hero community. "
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
In most cases that would be an exaggeration, but there -are- a fair few guilds running around trying to kill Mari.

I understand what you mean, however, and have edited it accordingly.
I positively hate you, and as you are well aware, I will vanquish you back to the depths of the hell from which you've been spew from.

You -will- fall by my sword, heathen, make no mistake.

<3
'Marianna' is the only character I've really seen in action. And even then, it's mostly when she 'swoops' in to mess everything up, and be gone before anyone can blow her apart. Often, I question, like c0rzilla put, if a player would ever be able to manage this, even if with the same 'prestiege'.

And a Spoiler, for an OOC perspective beyond a character standpoint. Be warned and take heed, my thoughts are spoken here, and while not meant to directly offend, I doubt these'll make you feel warm and fuzzy.
Spoiler:
Personally. I don't like you. Honestly, you seem to abuse your powers more often than I believe you should be allowed. I've seen you, randomly and without warning, change people's models, butt into things that didn't require any form of outside meddling beyond the ones involved. But what irritates me the most, is that fact that you ruined two hours of planning I'd put into an event in Duskwood, and the only thing you did with it was have some Doomguard taunt the player-characters, speak about Marianna and how great that demon thought she was, and then teleported his way out before we could even retaliate. With all due respect, and I use that term carefully, I ask that you never get involved with any of my events, ever again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rosencrat's Feedback Rosencrat 29 5,158 06-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Rosencrat