The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Rosencrat's Feedback
This entire first post was updated on 6/4/13.

I closed my last feedback thread a while ago, and the reason why I did still stands true. It's not because I didn't think it was providing valuable information: I closed it for the fact that who I was then is different than who I am now and I don't want people's opinions of me jaded by posts criticizing who my past faults and accomplishments.

I'm still far from perfect. And since the last thread helped me better myself, I want to see if this one can't push me a few steps further in the right direction.

Anyway! Since my return a few weeks ago, I was hoping I could get some feedback on my Role-playing, Events, Construction Projects and Demeanor.

Role-Playing

I've pared back on my collection of character recently.

Characters I Play
I've caved to the pressure. People just weren't liking me all that much when I played Evil characters. As such, I've paired down my list of villains down to only one often un-used character, Lustig. All the others are characters are convoluted good (Claremont, Nessari) or Neutral (Moriok, Vetia).

So I am curious: How am I as a role-player? Honestly I am trying to make my characters more unique. I keep relying too much on accents and elocution to separate one from the other, so I've fallen into either Nobles or Thugs.

Do I need to change up things? Alter my characters in some way? Tweak my writing style? Try out new arch-types that I haven't touch before?

Events

I've been trying to kick up my use of semi-frequent events.

So far most of my events have been either for The Sable Dragon Inn or The Felfire Club.

And they have, for the most part, been fiercely regulated and inflexible.

I've really lost my ability to do spurr-of-the-moment events. Work and a burgeoning social life have made it harder and harder for me to just randomly sit down and hold a two hour long event.

Is there any way I can fix my events up a little bit? Make them more enjoyable?

Demeanor

This one hits a bit closer to home and I want people to be honest with me on this one: Do people not like me?

I'll be honest, I am not the most self-confident of people online. I have confidence in spades in real life (Or I've learned to fake it so well even I don't know the difference, which in a way is a form of confidence), but the minute I get on line I start second-guessing how people view me.

On top of that lackluster self-confidence, I've also had trouble up until very recently with anger and jealousy. Anyone who knows me knows that, while I am not one to outwardly yell or insult people, I hold grudges at the drop of the hat. I've even translated my own anger into one of my characters.

I've been trying very hard to get over that hatred, however. I try to focus on what I have, not what other people have. But is there anything else that I am not seeing? Any other little flaws that I am not working on correcting?

I welcome people's honesty! If you want to be honest but don't want people viewing your comments/feel you would be able to provide better feedback via other ways, you can reach me on Skype at 'Rosencrat', PM me or grab me in game!

I promise, I don't bite!
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
I've only RPed much with Nessari and a little bit with Lucrezia during Kidnapped 4 (I'm guessing Lucrezia is unrolled now). Of them, I can't say much of either, though I will say I like Nessari's laid back, socializing attitude. A lot of draenei tend to be very prim and proper, but Nessari is more laid back and approachable without losing that Draenei "vibe". That said, we haven't RPed much, we should fix that some >:V

As for your OOC attitude, I like it! You're fun, friendly, and approachable. You don't intimidate or carry a bad attitude, but you stay professional all the while. I appreciate that in a staff!
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
I love the new Lucy (of course I do, she serves my purposes well)! Atop that, I've always enjoyed Valira and, on the few occasions I RPed with them, Moriok and Marianna. I don't think there's much to say, but that I like the way you play each one of them, and how distinctive they are (even if M'riok only slurrs at everything that speaks to her, and throws metal at them).

Your events are always interesting, though I've not done a combat event in a long time with you. Last one I did was... Reclaiming the Catacombs, untold -ages- ago. And while it was fun, it felt forced a lot of the time. But I digress! Your non-combat events (namely the Felfire Club) are fun, even when things get wonky.

Building... The Catacombs get cooler everyday, I swear. The only thing I dislike is that YOU WON'T SPAWN DOZENS OF CATS ALL OVER THE PLACE. But in all seriousness, the terrain presents a nasty problem for building, and I wish it were flatter down there, because I think there's so much more that could be done, if it were only less bumpy.

Demeanor... You know we all love ya, Mistress Bisen. There was a point in time where you did seem unapproachable, though that's come and gone. Though I do have to say, there are times when you seem to pretend to be angry or mean and, while I know you're joking, I suspect some might take it to be serious!

That is all.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
I absolutely adore Marjora and Valira, but I don't believe I've gotten the chance to RP with any others! Marianna briefly with Barlton; she was an interesting character. Not a clue what she's like now.

Events. I'd like to see more combat-related events. Like Mumu said above, the last one was the reclaiming of the Catacombs. You seem to be able to create diverse and interesting events that keep people coming back, which is a hard thing to do, so try a combat-related one and see how it goes! No hurt in trying.

Your building is great! My favorite of the rooms in the 'Combs would be the one closest to the laboratory-type area. Wonderful. As is your demeanor. I have to say that when I first met you I felt intimidated somehow. Perhaps because of your greater vocabulary than mine at the time, but you've become easy to talk to and easy to joke around with.

All in all, I'd like us to RP more. :3 <3
Regarding your Demeanor. . .

As your fellow GM, I have noticed that you have been one of the more soft and caring ones on our staff. When you say that you use to be "distant, caustic and sometimes dismissive of people's friendly advances" it kind of made me raise a brow because you are anything but that currently. Really, even if one point you might of been comparative to a Disney villianess, now you are rather adorable in your mannerisms.
Stop backing down.

Any time I post my opinion in something, whether it's a thread or GM chat, you immediately back down. Yes, I'm brash to say the least. But just say what you think. I don't post in things you're speaking your mind on because I don't want you to step away from whatever it is your doing. Heck, that's my major grievance with you. I don't know what the devil you're thinking half the time. Just speak up. We don't need to like one another (and I seriously question what the heck the relationship between us is right now), but I'm not going to leap through the screen and rip out your throat for disagreeing with me, or questioning something I do.

Like Bounty said, yeah, you're soft. Too soft. Stand your ground.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVfdV00cers[/youtube]
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Bug 
(06-30-2012, 09:51 PM)Rosencrat Wrote: Honestly I find it hard to find partners willing to role-play with me on a constant basis, though I usually attribute that to either A) my schedule or B) my position as a GM.

Do I need to change up things? Alter my characters in some way? Tweak my writing style? Try out new arch-types that I haven't touch before?

I'mma keep bugging you until you RP with me more. Schedules be damned! GMs want RP too.. I find the only reason to try new things is if you're not content with where you're at. Honestly, I roll through alts until something sticks. (Sorry FHs!)

(06-30-2012, 09:51 PM)Rosencrat Wrote: ...frankly, I have always viewed Combat Events as just a way to eventually build into non-combat RP.

... Do you enjoy the events I have held so far?

I feel this way, and is why I run little wee events at times. That last Felfire Club debate event was great. I really felt like anyone could steer the conversation (and event) in any direction. That kind of freedom is rare, and difficult to pull off in a combat event.

(06-30-2012, 09:51 PM)Rosencrat Wrote: Building

This is actually a rather simple section: Looking at The Catacombs, do you guys like what I did? Or think it should be changed up in some way?

Like is too small a word for all the GMs' little touches to the world. Looks great, and I appreciate the effort!

Spoiler:
(06-30-2012, 09:51 PM)Rosencrat Wrote: Demeanor

This one hits a bit closer to home and I want people to be honest with me on this one: Is there any personality 'quirks' of mine that make me difficult to work with/talk to/play around with?

I'll be honest, I am not the most self-confident of people online. I have confidence in spades in real life (Or I've learned to fake it so well even I don't know the difference, which in a way is a form of confidence), but the minute I get on line I start second-guessing how people view me.

I know this feeling myself. That's what feedback threads are for! But then no one replies to them.. No news is good news, eh? On a serious note, I'd suggest asking for feedback in-game after events. Seems to get some ideas without the 'hassle' of getting on the web browser, finding the correct sub-forum (hello GM Blog?) and making a post. Or even point them to your feedback thread after said event or something.

(06-30-2012, 09:51 PM)Rosencrat Wrote: I know, in the past, I've been distant, caustic and sometimes dismissive of people's friendly advances. And I have tried to make steps to change that. So I am wondering...Have I changed anything? Or am I still an aloof bad-person?

You helped me get started on Skype. So you're still evil, sticking this leech on me. Anyway, I've found you to be approachable, if not slippery. Get IG and IC already!
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
I can always use more feedback!

And don't hold back your thoughts; honest answers are helpful answers.
Kinda a bum rap putting this in such an active sub-forum!

I've moved this over to the proper forum.

And, of course, I am still looking for honest feedback.
As far as I'm concerned, the only thing I'd really like is for you to role-play more. It's enjoyable to see characters clash.
(07-05-2012, 03:48 PM)Vladdy Wrote: As far as I'm concerned, the only thing I'd really like is for you to role-play more. It's enjoyable to see characters clash.

I agree with you completely.

As of late I haven't really been able to get in the mood to role play. At all.

And to be honest I am not rightfully sure why thats the case.
I think you just need some inspiration is all.
After tonight's third Felfire Club Event I'd like to see what people think.

How can we improve the events? Anything you'd like to see? The event series is extremely malleable and can be changed or moved to fulfill the needs of the players!
Okay, so... I'm not particularly good at the whole feedback thing, but I figured I should maybe give something.

Because we don't RP as much as I'd like I can't give you a whole lot of critique on your characters. Most of our interaction is brief moments of chatter when in an event of some description, but I will say I adore all of the characters I've seen. You've not fallen into the trap that some people do of making characters too similar to one another. I do this too much, to my dismay, but from what I see I think you've hit the nail on the head. So good job.

As for OOC interactions... Well, since I left the staff we don't chat as much as we used to. BUT. You're awesome. Really, you are. It's never been unpleasant talking to you, even when you viciously insult me as your greeting*. I almost find it hard to believe you can play such malicious characters when OOC you're such a lovely person.

... okay, so I'm not too great at the sentimental compliments either. It's the effort that counts, right? ... right? I'll quite rambling. Bottom line is... I can't think of any flaws. If you haven't taken Xigo's advice to heart yet, then maybe do that, because I didn't stand up for myself too often when I was a GM. It was possibly because of that I stepped down after feeling too undervalued. So yes. Be a shouty-person or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRw1fc4dcq0

*Y U HURT ME

EDIT: Turns out embedding is disabled. Bollocks.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Right, so this will be a bit awkward for me.

Let me say upfront for some balance that I love the Felfire Club events. It's a great idea and great implementation, and you've done really well with keeping things interesting and making some cool after-party events. I don't really do much when I attend them (I don't really do much in general IC these days), but I think it's a solid event line.

Right. So;

I'm bothered that the Solidarity Riots were used as the launching point of the Commoner's Party. The riot was a major event in the Solidarity chain, both in scale and the story behind it, and I wish I could have aided or been consulted with how this event was shown.

I guess I feel that some important details of the event were missed, and that those missing details might cause people to view the original event (and event chain) in a different light. It seems to me like the original event was rather simplified down from my intentions, basically. I really wish we could have collaborated on this sort of thing, since it was my event being used. I think that a brief conversation could have benefited us both.

Sorry if it seems like I'm being particularly hard on you. I am just feeling quite strongly on this at the moment and think this should be put out rather than bottled up.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cappn Feedback 4: Feedback 4Ever CappnRob 1 4,611 08-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Zenethen
  Rosencrat is Pretty Mortal Rosencrat 36 6,594 12-22-2011, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Aphetoros