The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Ironforge Airport
I have an idea for Ironforge Airport! ((The Airstrip you fly over while flying on a Gryphon in IF area. It also appears on you're map, with no apparent way to reach it. You (GMs) could place Gnomeragon Mages, like the ones from the Stair of Destiny (Dark Portal, Outland side), around a small portal, that leads to the airport. Once at the airport, you could have the little gnomish airplanes work like the book in the Orgrimmar Inn, etc. You click them, and they lead different places... For instance "Flight to Arathi", or "Flight to Loch Modan" etc. Pretty much any Alliance or Gnome/Dwarf accessable/used area. I hope you like my idea. :D LOL
I kinda like the idea of the airplanes being useful, actually. But where would the Gnomies land? :D
Soyuz nerushimy respublik svobodnykh
Splotila naveki velikaya Rus'!
"A single death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic."
"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."
-Иосиф Сталин (Joseph Stalin)

They drop you off like marines. Lol. Make sure you buy your parachute cloak before you board any airplanes!! ;P
... actually, this sounds like an amusing idea. We could have a vendor nearby that sells parachutes so that they really would drop you off somewhere high in the air! Heehee.
I heartily approve of this thread, Kretol- plzmake.
Soyuz nerushimy respublik svobodnykh
Splotila naveki velikaya Rus'!
"A single death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic."
"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."
-Иосиф Сталин (Joseph Stalin)

Glad you like the idea. :)
I love this idea too :D
"The world will look up and shout, 'Save us'. And I'll look down and whisper no."

Kyndri - Treehugging Nightelf Druid
Jendra - Proud Orc Warrior
Ashe - Righteous Human Warrior
Eva - Shady Human Rogue
Elu - Peaceful Tauren Hunter
Actualy, I would love to get involved in this.Like..Airport manager?Business helper?Heck i think this should be a RP oportunity.The person that came up with the Idea should get credit for it Icly. hehehe and maybe make me a manager :D.What do you say mistress?
Death is a gift that has to be Embraced
Go for it!
That sounds cool... Hehe. My little gnome running her own airlines, and little book shop ^_^ Cool. She's a buisness tycoon! That'd be cool. If it was ok with kret, I think it would be cool if she got something close to owning the airlines... Hehe.
Hehe and I bet she would thank Zachry for all the finantial help he would be able to give her..Since of course..it would need alot of money to start a tycoon.Of course if its ok with Kret.((what I was saying was..I want to be involved as well with the whole tycoon thing.
I think it should be treated the exact same way as the windriders, completely NPC and neutral.
Well, I always thought that a world of RP should be a bit realistic.As in, tycoons, shops, industries and maybe even lords owning land.I mean, from what I understand from the lore, the place is so torn up it would be realy hard to have kingdoms, only warlods and tribes.I mean, most of the azeroth population died right?But thats just one human's opinion.Only think about it.Tycoons are established, wolrd modernisses A BIT, wars start, i mean, life goes on.what im trying to say is, people get powerfull, others try to take that power or die tryin.

P.S it could start with airplane Tycoon...with the income you could buy some land..Hire some workers..Plant some weed and become a cuban err troll druglord!just think about it!Zul'bir the drug lord!lol that was obviusly a joke.

MORE SIMPLIFIED:Any form of buisness most likley means money (((ESPECIALLY A AIRSTRIP!!!))With that you could buy land and settle there, hire some mercs , buy some guns/swords and go out and well, take over.Then clash with others like you.Thats my vision of the world, and I think it would be VERY interesting if in the end one person is about to win and by that time we would have alot of people here.Server would actualy use the whole FFA PVP system.

Thats what I think, you tell me what you think about that.oh and I got my ideas from partialy scarface, King arthur and Hello kitty.I LOVE YOU HELLO KITTY!! lol
Lore-wise, airtravel is very much in place. But aside from commercial flights, you've got merchants relying on transporting their cargo on planes, you've probably got pirates up there as well. The goblin trade princes own their own private planes, etc. For a single business tycoon to actually own and control a major airport such as I imagine the one outside Ironforge to be, that person would be in a position of IMMENSE power and wealth as he would rake in winnings and be able to shut down operations on a whim for whatever reason.

I think such a position would be best handled through NPCs. Lesser jobs at said airport however could obviously work, as it would be just another dayjob.
But why have ONE tycoon.you know, the world is out for the grabbing, i mean, if one (with money), would be smart he/she would hire people and start mining.Other might look for herbs, other might start a shipyard who knows?Why have one person owning the imense power when we could have more.And by the rule, whoever kills the tycoon owner claims it unless somebody else has something to say agianst it.As I said, money, power and respect.as for the whole pirate thing..Thats actualy a very great idea for rping.Air pirates..I mean..Dude/dudette, that would bring a new meaning to RPING , a new way to rp and it would DEFINELTY attract people to roleplay on the server.More people means bigger odds of good mature roleplayers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Opening up Old Ironforge Crescenthorn 10 1,639 09-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Last Post: Darksaber
  Old Ironforge Grelin 12 1,800 05-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Sersay