The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Opening up Old Ironforge
"During the closed beta of World of Warcraft, there was a ramp leading to a cavern beneath the city of ironforge called "Old Ironforge." This area was accessed from King Magni's chamber, and while there are still a few ways to "sneak into" Old Ironforge, official entrance was blocked in a patch during Open Beta."

I think you should open up this secret location, its pretty neat looking. Theres a little safe in MAgni's room I believe that hides it.
[Image: badge.jpg]
[Image: badge.jpg]
I'm sure it's empty, and hardly no one roleplays in the current Ironforge so opening another one would be pointless really. But yeah, it's empty I think.
It's a pretty awesome looking zone, actually. I've snuck in there before on live.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Hall_of_Thanes
[Image: 2mhzmdy.gif]
Old Ironforge /AKA Hall of Thanes is the resting place for the previous kings and leaders of the dwarves (atleast Ironforge Dwarves), and it is also the location of the Titan Artifact, The Iron Forge. I see it very unlikely that someone would have any IC reason to go down there. It's rather restricted, keeping the wrong hands off the artifact, which they guard with their lives in their city, and they let their ancestors rest in piece.

Highly unlikely anyone would ever be let down there unless you became king and died.
[Image: 25jxl3r.png] ~ [Image: rap0jl.jpg] ~ [Image: 2rz9vtw.png]
- - - - Erie - - - - - - - - - Creezy - - - - - - - - Zarack - - - -
<Academy of Magic> ~ <G S F> ~ ~ <The Forgotten Shadow>
[Image: juzfbn.png]
I agree, The Hall of Thanes should be kept off limits. Now the IF Air Field.... ^_^v
Zason Wrote:I agree, The Hall of Thanes should be kept off limits. Now the IF Air Field.... ^_^v
Indeed. The Ironforge Airport would be a great addition!
Now what rests is making Shatterspear an IC place.

Just kidding, airport has some RP oppurtunities, but I doubt Old Ironforge will be opened. And whether it will or not, I doubt I, and perhaps other people, will ever visit it. Not because IF is inactive, just because it's an enclosed area as stated before.
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
A lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust, causing inflammation in the lungs.
Actually, the Iron Forge has been moved. If you go down there, it's gone, and it's speculated that the large anvil in the Great Forge is actually the Iron Forge.
I doubt it, because the Dark Iron dwarves have an anvil like that as well, and it's certainly not the Dark Iron Forge, because there's a separate model labelled "Dark Iron Forge" and it looks plain awesome, and it's way too big to be put into an anvil, so I doubt it's counterpart is different by much.
[Image: divider1.png][Image: char1hidden.png][Image: divider2.png][Image: animated.gif][Image: divider3.png][Image: char3hidden.png][Image: divider4.png][Image: char4hidden.png][Image: divider5.png][Image: char5hidden.png][Image: divider6.png]
Email at Hero_Lief@yahoo.
The HAll of Thanes is probably a holy place to the Dwarves. It's, as stated before, not something common folk- probably not even nobles, would be allowed in. And the airfield? I've gotten to it. It's pretty sweet, but here's the question: How to get up there? The only path I know is climbing mountains.
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.
I just felt like throwing my 1.2 pennies (2 cents)

Overall, i believe that Old Ironforge as a named location should be kept shut.
-However- the use of such a location for event-planned roleplay, i fully support.

What do i mean by this, i mean if people planned an event to take place at A where everyone is infact at B. An example is the island off the south east coast of Tanaris. Now you CAN roleplay that island as being located there, but you could just as well say it is an island in the middle of ocean west of Gilneas where you can do an eventful roleplay such as a "lost" roleplay.

The Lost roleplay suggested in the RP forums physically takes place west of gnomeregan in the mountains but does not in actual fact take place in Dun Morogh. I believe this use of warp-mechanics could be used for Ironforge. For example, a passage is uncovered in Blackrock Spire and going 'into' it takes you to Old ironforge.
This gives people the oppertunity to explore and utilise a very new location without and disruption to lore, etc. However such events would be planned.

For those who say tl;dr. I vote yay and nay
[Image: CothLOGO-1.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Opening Wintergrasp c0rzilla 5 929 04-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Rosencrat
  Opening Revantusk (Forest) Trolls to Players KillerFrog 18 6,731 08-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Last Post: KillerFrog
  Ironforge Airport ElvenMistress 24 3,173 09-30-2008, 03:35 AM
Last Post: bbruinsma
  Old Ironforge Grelin 12 1,800 05-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Sersay