The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Portal Locations: Zones.
I'm sure this has been discussed before and I do apologize if it has. Anyway, I was thinking as I was sifting through the GMI portal for a new and interesting place to RP. I mean, there's a whole world out there that seldom gets RP and I believe that the fact that there's no portal to said areas is largely to blame why it gets little to no RP. I believe that making portals to zones will open a large amount of new RP opportunities. Players would not be as confined as they are now. Choosing to RP in places that are the easiest to get to such as Booty Bay, Ratchet and the like. Now, I realize that porting to the nearest location to where you want to go and running or riding isn't exactly all that bad, but not all of us can afford mounts or maybe the 60% speed mount isn't fast enough. Also, if the area is high leveled, running can be tedious when you keep dying. Even on my approved characters with 100% speed mounts, I still feel that riding to where I want to go isn't exactly worth it once I get there.

I can see how many may see this as laziness but think about it! The harder it is to get to a place the less RP it gets! Which in turn leads to people sitting on GMI wanting RP but not wanting to RP in Booty Bay or Ratchet. I believe it will increase the RP rate of the server.

Just a thought, let me know what you think!
Chieftain Muyoh Wolftotem - Chieftain of the Wolftotem Tribe
I agree with all evidences you have provided for your opinion, but one. The one for the high-level zone. You see, RPing in a high-level zone is easier when you are Grunt and got 80-fied, I agree. But I also think that this stimulates a lot of people to actually get Grunt approval and Character Profiles done properly.

But I agree that we could use a few extra portal destination to spice up some RP in those unpopular areas. :)
dastmo Wrote:But I also think that this stimulates a lot of people to actually get Grunt approval and Character Profiles done properly.

I sincerely agree! If it sounded like I didn't. I assure you it was completely unintentional. :3
Chieftain Muyoh Wolftotem - Chieftain of the Wolftotem Tribe

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uninstanced Zul'Aman OOC Portal Aphetoros 1 1,028 01-02-2015, 01:46 AM
Last Post: ThePharaoh
  Portal Trainer? Maarten 9 1,740 11-11-2014, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Tol Barad OOC Portal Thoradin 2 893 08-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Blackrock OOC portal ProjectRandom 5 1,252 08-09-2013, 04:41 AM
Last Post: Edgar
  An RP Area needs OOC Portal MstrCorvus 3 1,067 06-29-2013, 11:10 AM