The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Chat/Barrens from the site...?
This idea just popped up to me, since I really wanted to do something while drinking my coffee today. I thought "Well, I will chat a bit with the CotHers." But since I had no time to RP I was kind of "Meh... gotta log on and hang around GMI again..."

Yes, I logged on, chatted with the CotHers, hung (or whatever the proper tense form is) around GMI for a while, then logged off, because real life knocked on the door. Then I thought "Wouldn't it be cool if I was able to access Chat and Barrens through the site?" Like some widget that allows us to communicate with CotHers online without having to start our WoW.

Now, I am not sure if it is possible to be done. I have seen it done on other games, but I haven't seen it done on WoW. Just throwing around some ideas... :-|
I don't think this is possible, simply due to how the in-game chat system works. You kind of have to be on a character so the game knows who's name to put down.

Even if it were possible, I'm not sure we'd even want this to be possible. Something about encouraging OOC chat over RP. I'm not sure I can fully explain why this idea doesn't sit right with me, but it feels like we'd be giving reinforcement to the wrong aspect of the server.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Could just create two chatrooms on the website then. One for RP & one for OOC.
I'm not sure if we still have it with this forum, but we DID have a chat room in the previous one, and it never saw any use.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
We had a chatroom on the last forum?
(05-31-2011, 05:32 PM)Spiralin Wrote: We had a chatroom on the last forum?

Grakors point has been proven.
Heh, it even had a link in the left menu as well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Skype Chat policies. Wujen 4 1,503 07-26-2014, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  GM Request: Lawless Settlement. Location: The Barrens Jurkey 39 4,494 01-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Jurkey
  Stranglethorn Campe site? Drak 7 1,343 11-30-2009, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Drak
  Shorten Chat range Tales23 14 1,749 06-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Kaghuros