The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The story of the Greyville knight.
Spoiler:
Just a random IC Minecraft thread! It features the adventures of "The Knight of Greyville", graphic pack used = Johnsmith's texture pack

- Day one, Greyville.

.. I was send out into this world, to find and claim a piece of land for my own. I ran around for hours, saw hundreds of strange buildings.. But it seems my wandering has come to an end.

Greyville, I dubbed it. For the first sheep that I encountered was grey. Uncreative? Perhaps, but all the more fitting. An untouched valley by time, exactly what I had been looking for.

Spoiler:
[Image: 2011-06-04_220248.png]

After the first basics had been achieved, I carved myself into the mountain for the night. A poor shelter for the long run, but for now.. It was home.

Home of the Greyville Knight.

Spoiler:
[Image: 2011-06-04_220701.png]

- Day two, Greyville.

Upon further exploration, I have found a river stream coming out of the nearby mountain. The water looks fresh, untainted and it will provide my personal needs just fine. Everything I had seen and found so far stirred my hopes up high for Greyville, and I started making plans.

Spoiler:
[Image: 2011-06-04_220221.png]

.. Till I heard her voice. The voice, of the insane queen. Following the siren's voice, I found myself sailing on a crude raft over the nearby sea, to the biggest tower I had ever laid my eyes on. Luckily for me, she was friendly. We exchanged greetings and started off our peaceful relationship, including a trade agreement.

Despite the name, she actually seems like a sane and friendly person. I pray that lasts.

Spoiler:
[Image: 2011-06-04_221322.png]

- Day four, Greyville.

Having been here for four days, I decided to try my luck with mining. Within a minute, the cave I had been carved into collapsed right in front of my eyes, revealing a network of long and natural caves. I found so much coal to use, that I can easily survive the cold winter hardships already. Trees remain a small problem however, yet I've planted some more seeds around when I stood outside to catch my breath.

.. Yet not everything was friendly, as I returned to these collapsed caves I was brutally besieged by a skeleton. The rattling of his bones send shivers down my spine as I ran for my life. I don't think I will ever forget the sound of it's arrows as they flew next to my head. I will have to craft weaponry, and find cows over the next coming days. Their leather shall protect me.

Spoiler:
[Image: 2011-06-04_222536.png]

.. Ugh, I think I may have been wounded. Add food to that list as well.

- Day five, Greyville.

Did I just had too much courage? Upon this morning, I had crafted my weapon. A stone club was all I had managed to create without any Iron, but it would have to suffice. Carefully descending down my mine, I found out that it was three times as big as I had ever imagined to be. Tunnels led everywhere, and each tunnel that I went into, led to another.

It was not all without danger and as unbelievable as it may sound to whoever reads this some day, my mine was haunted with both zombies and skeletons. I managed to slay them but it had not done me much good. Wounded, I struggled to get back to the surface with what I could feel to be, my last heart. Looking around the area of Greyville I had hoped to find pigs for it's meat. Running and struggling around I found nothing, until I stumbled upon this.

Spoiler:
[Image: 2011-06-04_223623.png]

A farm, filled with grain! Grain equals bread yet I could not simply take it, could I? Clearly someone had lived here once or perhaps still did, but after hours of shouting till my voice left me, I gave up. The grain stood there, taunting me. With just a few pieces I could recover and regain my strength.. But was I, as Knight of Greyville allowed to take it?

The answer proved to be yes, but not without a note. I swear I will return their bread one day, and will keep my eyes open to see if I can locate the farm it's owners. Peeking through the front door of what I believed to be someone's home, I could not help but notice the treasure chests and beds. I hope the owner is alive still, so that we may perhaps trade with another.

Spoiler:
[Image: 2011-06-04_224532.png]

Random score keeping:

Monsters slain by the Greyville Knight: 3 skeleton, 9 zombies, 5 creeper., 3 spider.

- Unknown Day, Greyville mines.

By digging deep, I managed to block out all of the sunlight around me. Torches are my friend through this darkness, as I explore more and more of the Greyville mine.. This place is a maze, with each tunnel spreading out into a new tunnel. I've seen so many coal, that I could practically build a city out of it.

.. Heh, it's a good thing I didn't name it 'Coalville'.

Not everything had been going easy, while I've stumbled onto a ton of iron as well.. I managed to find the hole of which I think the zombies came from. Four stood there, and with my new iron armor I charged in. In the end, I stood gore covered but victorious over these abominations.

Spoiler:
[Image: 2011-06-05_151742.png]

But all was not done yet, these zombies seemingly guarded what I had been looking for. Minerals! The Greyville mine is covered with them, and I've struck gold, iron, gems and much, much more.

Spoiler:
[Image: 2011-06-05_152008.png]

Yet with all those ores, something even more amazing struck my eye. In between the midst of the fiery lava, the scorching heat may have made clouded my view. Is it truly there? A flower, amidst all of this, deep down in this cave?

Once I figured out how to get there, I shall examine to see if I can take it up above.. For something that stands tall, between all this, untouched by it's surroundings.. It must be blessed in some way or another. Perhaps by magic, or the gods themselves.. It must be holy.

Spoiler:
[Image: 2011-06-05_152228.png]

Continuation of the Greyville Mines entry;

Just as I had thought it could not become any better, I was brutally assaulted by two spiders, a creeper and a skeleton. Out of sheer luck, the skeleton shot the creeper which blew itself up, leaving me alone with the spiders. Managing to slay them, I took a peek inside their cave and found it to be filled with mushrooms. I wonder if they are poisonous, if not.. Greyville shall have the best stew of the region!

Spoiler:
[Image: 2011-06-05_154036.png]

I have made yet another shocking discovery, perhaps one of a more darker nature. Upon trying to find my way out of the Greyville mine, I stumbled upon a very old ruin. Moss covered the walls, yet it had all been lit up to protect the tiny box in the center. Something is jumping and fighting it's holdings, but do I dare to open it?

.. No, my first task would be to return home to Greyville as the bags I carry are becoming heavy. I've ran out of food and out of strength, so I need to head home first. I will try to find this place again upon entering the Greyville mines tomorrow.

Spoiler:
[Image: 2011-06-05_155341.png]
Presumed to be ; Day 12 - Greyville.

The days are getting weirder and weirder, yet I've so far upheld my duty as Knight of Greyville. During the nights, my lands are besieged by the scariest thing known to man and elf. Creepers.

I've prepared my bow and arrows, but know I can not fend them all off each night over and over again. Something must be done, to protect this upcoming village. Something must be build, to make it safe.

Day 13 - Greyville.

And just as I had written down my ideas, a snowmen fell down from the sky. At first I thought I had stood too close to the lava pit, and burned my brain but after watching it run around with stone and dirt.. I could tell it was real.

It began to build, out of his head. No plans made, no drawings, just like that. Insanity I called it, but as much as I wanted to stop him.. I noticed my desire to see what he was making to be bigger then that. I spend my entire day digging and shovelling, cobblestone and dirt to make supplies for the wall. And within three hours, Greyville had it's own grand wall standing. It truly is an amazing sight, a sight the queen of insanity had noticed.

And thus we both were called.. Called to enter the fortress of insanity.

Day 14 - Castle of Insanity.

We got a tour of the entire place, and I admit it was magnificent. A place so big, that it could house three entire nations and still have enough space for a fourth. Yet as we descended further into the castle at some point, I could not help but to worry. The queen of insanity.. Why was I called? Why was I there?

Spoiler:
[Image: 2011-06-06_040045.png]

Until she showed me the pit. I was called with the snowman to proof my worth, and lay my courage to the test. With a simple spell, all my items had been taken off me and I stood in the simplest Knight clothing. No weaponry, no armour, nothing.

.. Not even a torch.

I don't know how long I've resided in the dungeon, but I recall the sheer continuous cackle of the queen. The sound of zombies and skeletons around every corner, and being forced to best several with my simple fists.. I kept descending. Somewhere along the way had I became separated from my snowman friend, and found myself standing all alone.

Until I struck lava, and the heat was unforgettable. Lava streams everywhere, one flowed into another. Cautiously making my way further, I managed to find a dark side cave which I planned to use as hold out for now.

.. I struck the edible gold. Mushrooms, in quantities as far as hundreds. Having managed to preserve my backpack, I stuffed them all in for the return trip. Perhaps I was meant to find those mushrooms, for shortly after the queen of insanity descended down herself to lead me out.

It was a taxing day, a hot day.. but above all an insane day. I guess I now know why she called herself the queen of insanity.. I just pray I won't ever be tested again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kickstarter - Castle Story Psychyn 17 2,701 10-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Harmonic