The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Kickstarter - Castle Story

I've been following this game since the first week of the development diary, and it has had me drooling over my keyboard with each update. Is the concept new? Nope. Does it still look extremely fun? Well, if you ask me, yes!

You play with bricktons, the yellow guys you see in the video. You work with schematics, making your castle just the way you want to make it. You fight evil enemies, whose name I have forgotten in my excitement but boy they are evil. And just look at those graphics? It'll be awesome.

Fan vid made after a development diary showing explosions;

They have finally gotten everything in order for their kickstarter project, and for $15 you can get the beta when it launches, which will be converted to the full game. /Shameless advertisement.

But really, this game will be epic. It will include multiplayer, and possible co-op so who knows, perhaps when there's a beta up and running, we can work together!
I've been following this since it first started out too, and the most amazing thing to me is the PHYSICS of the game. Yes, it's voxel based, however they way they've done it... it's beyond anything even like Minecraft. You blow something up... it falls appart in a glorious cascade like dominos, damaging everything around it. The detail to the game looks amazing, and I hope that they meet their kickstarter... because I'd -love- to play this game sometime in the near future.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(07-28-2012, 12:49 PM)Rensin Wrote: I've been following this since it first started out too, and the most amazing thing to me is the PHYSICS of the game. Yes, it's voxel based, however they way they've done it... it's beyond anything even like Minecraft. You blow something up... it falls appart in a glorious cascade like dominos, damaging everything around it. The detail to the game looks amazing, and I hope that they meet their kickstarter... because I'd -love- to play this game sometime in the near future.

They already met it just -five- hours after they posted the announcement video. It's guaranteed to come out with that, I personally can't wait to have my hands on the goodies and prototype build of the game. :D
That video had me mid-way. Just donated $25. Looking forward to this.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
It'd be pretty cool if this was multiplayer.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I can't throw money at this fast enough.

One of the videos mentioned you can defend the castle against other players, so I think it will be multiplayer!
[Image: 1733185_o.gif]
(07-28-2012, 08:39 PM)Rensin Wrote: It'd be pretty cool if this was multiplayer.

They are making that. :D

Quote:Multiplayer : We've never done a multiplayer game of this scope before, so it's going to take a lot of time and effort to learn the ropes and get it right.

It's featuring multiplayer, and possible co-op.
This is seriously a game I can't wait to play. I can't talk about it enough.

Multiplayer is going to kick butt. Hngh. I also have hope that you can possibly mod the game, as in adding your own skins to the environment and the characters, HOWEVER I'm also not going to hold my breath because the game looks gorgeous either way.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

With almost 12,000 backers and $304,884 raised.. I think they'll be 'polishing' the game a lot more then they had at first expected. Can't wait to have the prototype build really, when the kickstarter ends I'll probably be fooling around with it for hours to come.

I may record the stuff with fraps, will see how that works out.

Also, that custom skin idea is pretty cool if they allowed such texture packs or overhauls (ala minecraft) but I'm in love on their current graphics. I'm wondering if MP allows you to play with the other guys you saw in the vid, and while this is just random speculation, perhaps we'll get more bricktron like races at some point or another.

Quote:Magic! The world of Castle Story is permeated with all kinds of magic. Discover resources with magical auras and learn to mix them to create effects. Explore strange places and find mysterious artifacts left behind by unknown civilizations.

That last bit regarding the artifacts had me wondering. Evil villains or previous underdeveloped civilizations, perhaps 'aliens' in the game. Whatever the case, I can't wait to build a castle.

From the blog in response to the amount of money gained;

Quote:In the meantime, We’d like to announce some of the new things we’re going to do with the extra funding. The 80,000$ we had put in as our goal, was really just the bare minimum to keep going for a few months more intil a beta release. But now that we have exceeded that goal, her’s what we plan on doing in the near future:

We’ve contacted an amazing artist to help out with the posters. Germain had originally planned to paint them himself, but now we can work together with the artist to make the posters much, much more impressive. We really can’t wait to see how that turns out!
We would like to hire a professional sound engineer to help us with the ambience of the game. We realize that music is important, but is just a part of the whole audio soundscape. Having a strong ambience and intricate sound effects can really help make the game much more immersive.
We will probably hire Thierry (aka. Menekis) officially as Webmaster and Community Manager. He could also even help with the multiplayer since he has some experience in that. Until now, Thierry has been working as a volunteer for free and putting dozens of hours it the website and the Kickstarter campaing. His help has been invaluable and we are really looking forward compensating him for that.

Lots more coming in the next days!

We’re going to post some polls soon to see what everyone would like us to do next, so stay tuned!

Seems like we get a bit of say in what's going to happen at one point or another!

http://www.sauropodstudio.com/kickstarte...umber-one/
Second kickstarter diary up, more payment options coming soon! (Allowing paypal)

http://www.sauropodstudio.com/kickstarte...umber-two/
[Image: tumblr_m820xuKkNC1qdpyvc.jpg]
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txgVjOp7i9w

Drooooool

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I've pledged 25$ to this game as well, a few weeks back. It looks AMAZING!
I wonder, has anyone ever watched the credits.. of anything?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K0DDysCC...r_embedded

Now you'll want to dig up the credits and watch it to find your own name (Assuming you donated, if not.. Do eeeet)~ ^.^
Good luck finding yourself with 21,160 backers as of yet!

;.; I need to find me one of those people.

50 minutes of Kickstarter to go, 26,947 backers. $697,994 pledged.

Wonder if they'll make it to 700,00!

Quote:27,060 backers
$702,516 pledged of $80,000 goal
0 seconds to go

All of my yes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The story of the Greyville knight. Psychyn 2 796 06-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Psychyn