The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

An NPC / Costume System
I have an interesting idea, that might add to the depth of the roleplay on COTH.
Basically would would go like this:

Player A wants to have a storyline where his character is captured by the Naga (or any other npc race).
Player B & C will be playing his Naga captures as NPCs for the event.
They put on a costume item that make them appear to be Naga. Roleplay is had.

The idea would be for there to be an item or a command to temporarilly turn a character's avatar into an NPC's. They shouldn't be able to be used in actual gameplay (no combat, etc), but would be awesome for use in roleplay.

Of course, it would have to be limited to lower level non-unique NPCs (No raid bosses walking into the local bar, yo).

What do you think?
Cayce Northend - Druid of the Cenarion Circle
Micheru Bloodrune - Moonglade Ranger / Vagabond
Gratua Daggermouth - Walking the path of Lo'gosh
Medrit Brightwind - Wandering Swordsmaster
Custom Model character submissions is the only answer you'll really get.
Squirrel is correct! Although I think I may redo the system slightly - currently, I don't check/approve characters in there to make temporary NPCs feasible if they're to be used within the next few days. I may create another forum specifically for temporary morphs and check there more often (and be a bit more lenient compared to something that will be around for longer).
There is an npc in wow that if you give tokens/or codes to it, they transform you into the creature of your choice. Some goblins in Booty Bay. But maybe Kretol could create another npc that he can put in GMI to place a temporary buff on you that transforms you into a creature until you log off, or something.
[Image: btCv6mF.png]
Inspired by Aroes to make fancy parchment letters. :heart:
Lendri Autumn Sylvian
Alassae Starleaf
Lazarus Majire
Josephine Renae Briarthorn
Those goblins are to redeem loot codes from the TCG, such as the riding turtle, spectral tiger, foam sword rack, etc. It would likely be possible to create an NPC that could temporarily morph the person; however, I wouldn't want that to be abused.
Oooh, I must have been thinking about something else then.. I'm not sure if it was in retail you could talk to an orc npc or something to get morphed into a creature, or something else. Might have been on another private server. Which is good news, we know it's possible! (But the bad news is people can abuse it that's true.. bah,._
[Image: btCv6mF.png]
Inspired by Aroes to make fancy parchment letters. :heart:
Lendri Autumn Sylvian
Alassae Starleaf
Lazarus Majire
Josephine Renae Briarthorn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advanced rolling system. Zukaza031 15 3,025 01-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Last Post: muhaha8
  Imperial/Political/Colonization System GravenWinter 2 728 07-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Item Approval System Kainue 6 1,271 09-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Last Post: TwilightDisciple
  Referal system kaizier 3 862 09-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Last Post: TwilightDisciple
  A New Vouch System? Secrettom 14 2,629 08-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Bolshe