The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Advanced rolling system.
This will be an advanced rolling system used by advanced players. I think rolling is too random. So I decided to give it a little touch so there would be differences. It would be fun to do so people also have a thing to talk about, like what setup their using and things like that.

So basically we have 4 stats. Standard we start out with 2 points in each, you can either raise or lower a stat. (note if you lower a stat you'll get disadvantage.). The basic rule would be there will always be counters (When you roll above 50 of his attack roll you'll get +1damage to him) and crits.

Everyone gets 5 points to spend. You can't lower a stat beyond 1, except the attack and defense.

Attack 2/5: When you make an attack roll you will have +10 for each point you put into this stat. when you lower the stat that's a -10 for each roll.

Defense 2/5 When you make a defense roll you will have +10 for each point you put into this stat, when you lower the stat that's a -10 for each roll.

Speed 2/5 This is your combat sequence, how fast you would react in combat. This always gets counted on base of your opponent. For example, your opponent has 2 speed you have 4, this means you will have 2 turns more each round then your opponent. (note: The one with the highest speed always starts first. So there would no longer be initiate rolls.)

Health points 2/5 Each point will add +2 HP, so basically you start with 4 HP, if you lower this which I do not recommend, you would have -2 HP

Luck 2/5 This is how much critical chance you have, it would add +1 damage when you do a critical strike (roll +50 from your opponents roll). Lowering this stat to 1 and you won't be able to do critical at all.

I'm currently going to wait for feedback, what do you guys think? Let me know if you have any ideas to improve the system. (Note: this is only for 1vs1, group fights I have to look into still.)
Most awesome signature of Cap'n Scila! Check check check!

Spoiler:
[Image: f7247.png]
There are five items and 5 points to spend, wouldn't they all just be one? Unless you start at two in each. If so, this seems like fun. But trust fights still own >.>
This is just overly complicated, if you ask me. I do agree that rolling is far too random, but I doubt that complicating it would help with anything. I've seen other people come with suggestions such as this, but it usually doesn't much attention because it confuses players.

I have myself started going more and more into trust because I felt that rolling was simply too random, but I guess trust combat is something you only do with your friends.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
Well he did say for advanced players so I guess it makes a bit more sense in that regard.
Being an advanced roleplayer does not mean that you're good at math. A rolling system like this will cause lot of problems with people forgetting rolling bonuses, people would accidentally mistake other people's turns for their own because of the speed stat and so on and so on.

I do like the whole specialization aspect, though. I really do. Abby, for example, isn't that very fast, but screw you, she hits hard! It'd be nice to see that implemented.

But like I said, there might be problems. But, you know, there's absolutely no harm at all in giving it a test run to see how well it does work. Maybe some kind of event. . .Such as a tournament or something to try this new system out. That seems to be popular to test out new rolling systems. I know I'd be interested in testing it out.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
As am I, so if said event was to comence, could it wait and see if my computar will get fixed so I can join? If not I understand, just let me know how it goes.
I would suggest testing it out first if you really want to know how it feels.
Yes I would, but at the moment I kinda can't.
The biggest problem with rolling imho is that it doesn't account for the content of the emoted actions. If there was an easy system that did this well, then that might be better than tweaking the actual math.

Orgeton steps forward, lowering his battle axe to TinyTim's face; the head of the axe being almost as big. He peers downward at the gnome and shouts, "Pay up or die you little bastard!"

TinyTim flings a pebble at Orgeton.

They roll .... TinyTim 75, Ogreton 50

So now Ogreton has to react as if he's been hit hard enough to sap 1/5 of his HP. This is awkward .. but ok, lets say he's a good sport and figures something out. Now its Ogreton's turn:

Ogreton pulls his axe back and tosses it up in the air. It flips twice before landing back in his hand. With a loud grunt he pulls his axe back and swings at TinyTim's rib cage with a loud grunt.

TinyTim blocks with a magical twig.

Ogreton: ...

They roll... Ogreton:75 TinyTim:85

Ok, so now TinyTim has blocked the attack with a silly emote that doesn't even make sense. In the end TinyTim may win .. not because he was clever enough to defeat his towering enemy but because the dice gods decided that it should be so.

Normally in a trust fight you would think these things though and try to come up with fair and reasonable actions and outcomes. The expectation of reasonable actions and consequences forces you to make good, well thought out moves.
- Cepht -

Randian - Sin'dorei Priest, Representative of Greystone Charities
Riley Gillespie aka "Stars" - Unhinged forsaken vagabond with a flare for fire
Alonus - Fallen holy priest with a pet serpent named "Ricky"
Haugus Bach - Forsaken Warlock with an appetite for torture and revenge. Previously a humble shoe maker.
Ultimately, it will be up to the players to see and act with reason.

Any system of combat is a canvas for the artistry of our words, nothing more.
Ultimately, the dice gods often decide silly things should happen.

I recall a game of Dark Heresy. Our party consisted of...
A Sister of Battle (Nun with Gun)
A Guardsman (Guy who ran around with a big-ol' chainsword)
Two Psykers (Mages)
A Tech-Priest (Robo-Person)
Aaaand me, an Adept (Guy who does little other than be smart)

During one mission, one of our characters (a psyker) botched leaping through the void and into our escape pod. Everyone rolled strength checks to save him.

The Guardsman, with 60-something out of 100 strength, failed.
The Sister of Battle, with about 50 strength, failed.
The other Psyker and Tech-Priest, both with about 35, failed.
The Adept. The damn adept. The guy with only 22 strength. He succeeded.

The absolute wimp passed his strength test, and saved the life of our Psyker. By pulling him in. With sheer strength.

Whilst it was a crowning moment of badass for Regis, it was absolutely rediculous.

Getting back on the subject at hand... yeah. Just... just trust fight. It makes things -so- much better. Dices make rediculous and unrealistic things happen. Regardless, if someone is 'hitting you with a stick', you could ask them to make it so the attack does no damage. Because a little twig does little to a man in full armor.

And... yeah. What Lost said.

By the way, my fair Acolytes. I fully intend on running you through that mission. And cackling at the escape scene.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
I would definently stack all of my points in defense and attack.
If I have 5/5 defense, I would have something around 50+ defense, right?
And 4/5 attack, would give me 40+ attack bonus.

Even if you had 5/5 speed and 1/5 attack for example, there is so little chance of you succeeding a strike.
This will be abused badly.
The stats seem a little lopsided to me. If it is how I see it. I could easily cheese the stats. Example, if I spend:

5/5 Attack
2/5 Defense
4/5 Speed
2/5 Health
2/5 Luck

I'd be getting +30 and hitting the non-speed upped guys twice every turn (There is no purpose to get 5 speed except for going first against a 4 speed guy). I may have no buff to defense, but I will be probably be hitting every attack (and if the + goes towards crit, that could be game over in 1 turn for my opponent). Now, I will also have normal rolls in defense and health, but that's not really a drawback. Do you see what I'm saying?

Another possible cheese:

4/5 Attack
4/5 Defense
3/5 Speed
2/5 Health
2/5 Luck

With this I'd be getting a +20 on both attack and defense and never will be attacked twice, and my only draw back is having standard health and crit damage. If you lower luck to 1, and have no crits, and chunk that into health, defense, or speed you can add on: attacking a standard speed 2 times, having 6 HP instead of 4, or +30 defense rolls. A +30 attack will be useless if you can not do crit damage except for a 10% chance to hit increase.
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.
GMs do not sponsor roll systems and this is up to the player.

...iirc.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
I'm sure he knows that Aphetoros, usually dice suggestions are to put a system out there.

About the system:

I'm sure it could be tweaked and balanced with an even number scale (10 point scale, 8 point scale, 6 point scale) reducing (in scale) the ammount of points recieved to spend.

Edit: Before you get the wrong idea, I'm a real big supporter of many alternate di systems. They're just hard to balance.
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An NPC / Costume System Micheru 5 1,252 06-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Lendri
  Imperial/Political/Colonization System GravenWinter 2 728 07-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Item Approval System Kainue 6 1,271 09-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Last Post: TwilightDisciple
  Referal system kaizier 3 862 09-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Last Post: TwilightDisciple
  A New Vouch System? Secrettom 14 2,629 08-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Bolshe