The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Combat Animations
Ahoy there.

I've been to a few servers where each character was automatically taught a few spells upon creation, spells that basically triggered attack animations without doing any damage, as well as one that allowed you to freeze your character on the spot, stuck in whatever part of the animation they were at until cancelled.

This actually became quite useful during roleplay battles. Often, a player would emote swinging his sword, then use the spell that allowed him to swing it and freeze himself mid-attack, awaiting the other player's response. The target would then emote raising his shield, and would use a Shield Bash spell and freeze himself accordingly, basically incorporating the events going on in the text exchange within the actual game.

It definitely added immersion, so I was wondering if you guys have any plans to incorporate that here? It's a minor thing, but I thought it was worth bringing up. Also, I'm very new here and I haven't yet made a level 80 character, so for all I know you could already have included these things.

If you do find this at all interesting, I think you could use the Foam Sword spell that's already in the game to achieve this effect. No idea about the freezing thing, though.
CHARACTERS:
Spoiler:
Eddard Varsk:
Human Adventurer.
I'd like it.
There are a few items that can do this. Namely kicking and attacking with a two-handed sword. Both quests from Northrend, though.
[Image: djuraz.jpg]
I remember right-clicking rabbits 50 yards away in Silvermoon, just to get the right animation. Actually, I think I did it last week.

Sounds extremely useful. You have my peon vote.
I concur, during an event I've seen GMs spawn a squirrel so people could use combat animations. This way seems much easier.
Cayce Northend - Druid of the Cenarion Circle
Micheru Bloodrune - Moonglade Ranger / Vagabond
Gratua Daggermouth - Walking the path of Lo'gosh
Medrit Brightwind - Wandering Swordsmaster
(07-05-2011, 09:15 PM)Micheru Wrote: During an event I've seen GMs spawn a squirrel so people could use combat animations.
I don't know why, but that had me laughing for a good five minutes.

CHARACTERS:
Spoiler:
Eddard Varsk:
Human Adventurer.
(07-05-2011, 09:15 PM)Micheru Wrote: I concur, during an event I've seen GMs spawn a squirrel so people could use combat animations. This way seems much easier.

Eyyo, not cool.

In serious words, I think that you would just be able to target something hostilely, and that would be good, but wouldn't need this.
Just try pressing 'T' on your keyboard. It's keybinding is made so that it will autoattack the nearest enemy giving you a combat animation. Alternatively, if you want to you can use this macro:

Quote:/script ClearTarget()
/script TargetNearestEnemy()

Which should in theory work just as well.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
(07-06-2011, 08:37 AM)Beltharean Wrote: Just try pressing 'T' on your keyboard. It's keybinding is made so that it will autoattack the nearest enemy giving you a combat animation. Alternatively, if you want to you can use this macro:

Quote:/script ClearTarget()
/script TargetNearestEnemy()

Which should in theory work just as well.

Fair enough, that's actually quite a helpful tip, though what about actual swinging animations? It's kind of a trivial thing, but a few people might appreciate being able to actually attack, as opposed to simply being in the attack-ready stance.
CHARACTERS:
Spoiler:
Eddard Varsk:
Human Adventurer.
I'd like this! Rhyan doesn't fight as much, but I'd like it. =D
Delta Wrote: I couldn't help but watch that with a smile. It's comparable to watching a kitten climb onto the sofa and mew excitably, as if it's just achieved something monumental.

[Image: Sasuke-gifs-uchiha-sasuke-22778910-500-220.gif]

Spoiler:
Lithdra -- Blood Elf -- 85
Aitana -- Forsaken -- 85
Kymu -- Draenei -- 85
Anrielle -- Night Elf -- 85
Kravus -- Blood Elf -- 60
Rinkata -- Troll -- 60
Nicci -- Goblin -- 60
Would be neat. I like the idea.
[Image: btCv6mF.png]
Inspired by Aroes to make fancy parchment letters. :heart:
Lendri Autumn Sylvian
Alassae Starleaf
Lazarus Majire
Josephine Renae Briarthorn
(07-18-2011, 08:24 AM)Lendri Wrote: Would be neat. I like the idea.
Pretty much, that. But I can do without it just fine. RP is about imagination after all. :)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Addable animations? Maarten 9 2,257 01-24-2014, 05:55 PM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  Additional combat animation requiem225 4 976 06-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Zhaei
  Sheath For Swords&Daggers/Walking Animations Request Absolutionist 11 1,733 05-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Scaling up Non-combat (vanity) pets? Lendri 6 1,054 05-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Last Post: dastmo
  Combat Ratings Vorce 5 1,394 12-16-2009, 02:35 AM
Last Post: ThePharaoh