The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Argent/Neutral Inn
Before you start reading. Leave your shoes and any critical attitudes at the door.

While Lendri, Garm, Zennshinagas, Sumire and I were running Culling of Stratholme, we reached the city only to find it was completely broken, and the instance is unraidable. We stumbled upon the absolutely massive, empty inn there, that looked incredibly unique.

And a thought sparked to me!

"What is this thought, Fortwit?" Asks nobody.

"Good idea, figment of my imagination!" I reply with a gentle grin, tossing my luscious, blood elven locks through my hands as the sun refracts over its sheer beauty and volume.

This inn is completely deserted, and a lobby separates the outside to the inn. Seeing as this is completely unused and completely devoid of life, The front lobby door can be boarded up, and this inn could become it's very own RP location as an Argent/Neutral inn!

"But wait, Fortwit!" Sparks up nobody. "Doesn't Culling of Stratholme turn everybody human?"

Why yes it does, figment! And that is why it would possibly require de-instancing or instancing to prevent this feature, which is a simple process.

Below are some photos of the inn! Please note, Culling of Stratholme is very bugged, hence this Inn has absolutely no practical applications to it.

YES, There are other inns. But to be frank, NO ONE uses them. The only Inn RP that really ever takes place is Booty Bay RP. And that often doesn't take peoples fancy. With encouragement, this unique inn can be the source of tavern/inn RP in a new environment. Also, even if no one uses this Inn, the banquet hall at the top can be used for events and functions. I could imagine my characters hosting things in the hall, and other players have agreed with me that they would do the same.

~Images~
Bar
Spoiler:
[Image: 2mhz90h.jpg]

Dining
Spoiler:
[Image: doow2d.jpg]

Upstairs
Spoiler:
[Image: 311luo4.jpg]

Lendri's Kitchen
Spoiler:
[Image: 52dslj.jpg]

There is also a fire, more seating, and several miniature libraries and study areas lining the entire area.
(And yes, the fire is actually lit!)

Please take this into consideration before you point out any flaws! Check out the inn yourself in Culling of Stratholme.

And the BEST PART! A beautiful, unique, unused banquet hall for IC functions! This inn has a lot of potential.

Banquet Hall
Spoiler:
[Image: k3okdy.jpg]

(any appearance of NPCs are actually just the five of us posing.)
This place is -INCREDIBLY- awesome [really if you didn't saw it port to caverns of time and enter culling of stratholme, just ride to strat and run through it, pub is at the end of the city]

It's probably best looking wow pub I ever saw, it's huge and it's awesome with fireplaces, separate kitchen, big bar, awesome second floor and actually even awesome party hall with danceboard and feast table. I mean if I imagine Immy's hallow's end party there for example... that would be SO awesome.

Also it has great potential as player run pub. About IC location... well it has ali looks to it but there are two options that'd open it to horde characters too. A - locating it in Dalaran, it has the looks to it and then even if it would be ali run horde can be tolerated here. B - make it Argent pub.

[[Actually whole old Strat is awesome and it would be blast to see it alterned to allow it as IC spot but appearing of whole city out of blue [even if we conclude it wouldn't be Stratholme to remain in line with lore] is bit too much. But even so this pub is definietly worth of the work.]]
"Everyone is hypocrite by nature. Burst their bubble and tell them real truth and they will hate you fiercely, no matter if they are pink or blue."
"Gray" Zennshinagas
Hell, I support this too! De-instance Culling, it looks great and can pass for a good deal of places in RP, such as an Alliance city or whatever. The bar is just the beginning of how cool it is, an even if we can't use the city itself, we can use the roadside villages.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
I think Aeus would have to make use of this place for hosting of the Battle and Gambling Society events. Surely someone would like to throw some dice in such an amazing tavern!
If logistic provides, I'd support such a move.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
I just don't see how well such a large city could be explained, and I'm not sure Kretol could be persuaded into this.

I personally think it is unnecessary, but eh. That's minor compared to the other issues.
I think they were saying it would be just the Tavern, and have the rest of the city locked off with a sealed door on the tavern. But perhaps I am mistaken.
Seems a bit strange to uninstance an entire place and only use one small portion of it, then, doesn't it?

And don't take that as a nod towards the idea of using the entire city-- that's my biggest problem with some of the sentiments suggested here, heh.
Also, I don't think many people have qualms with Booty Bay RP, more with the Tavern RP itself.
I think due to the size and uniqueness of the tavern, it would be worth considering.
Remember that Azeroth is larger than what we see in the game, technically. There can be large settlements we haven't seen in game, before.

Even then, the village and tavern are still nice. We don't even have to close off the Stratholme part, people will probably just ignore it.
Yeah, and if Stratholme could be used as a generic city, i think it would be even better. There are various shops that can be used as well.
At the very least, it would prove valuable for "flashback" styled RP, which I am fond of.
Eh.

As I've said before I think there are indeed cities which are not represented... but I generally take them to be a bit smaller than the scale portrayed in Stratholme. Either way I see no way to justify a large human city to be neutral, if it were to be put through. The Argents don't have towns, per se- they mostly work out of other towns of factions and military bases.

And couldn't it technically be used for flashback esque stuff already? :o
Well as for the city - it looks great, it's very detailed, much better made than outdated stormind for example and it's very RP friendly...

BUT - it would require a lot of work and changes to make it work and ICly it would have to be some other city of course, it'll be great but I can't tell if it's worth of the effort, especially since it might get removed with Cata.

The pub is different, it's awesome place with great RP options with only a bit of work. Pub RP is great but I feel BB is so bad example, I mean I hate that pub and I try to avoid BB as much as possible. I really don't think you can compare those two. Also as I said this can be player run pub with characters as bartenders, waitresses, minstrels and so on. We have working player pub already and it's great. Player pub, especially one opened to both factions [the looks states it primary aliance but again they can tolerate horde as long as they behave] just has great potential.

Not to mention potential for events.
"Everyone is hypocrite by nature. Burst their bubble and tell them real truth and they will hate you fiercely, no matter if they are pink or blue."
"Gray" Zennshinagas

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neutral Papers ProjectRandom 8 1,925 06-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Last Post: NodCommando
  Argent Shoulderpads CappnRob 2 910 12-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Neutral Goblin City Harmonic 42 6,404 11-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Caravan
  Neutral Roleplay Location Request Spiralin 18 2,857 04-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Argent Crusader's Tabard Nexi 2 1,176 11-14-2011, 10:17 PM