The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Rolling a Gilnean before Cataclysm
Another topic that I believe is worth discussing. This time, concerning Gilneans.

I've seen humans of Gilnean origin being rolled, or at least profiles sitting in the workshop intended for worgens come Cata. However, at the same time, I think there are already RPed humans of Gilnean background; they may not actually be from Gilneas City, but perhaps territories from that kingdom (like Pyrewood Village).

The reason I ask this is because I have hoped to roll a human of Gilnean origin who travels to other regions before coming home when he would be unfortunately struck with the worgen curse. However, I am getting conflicting information regarding getting outside the Greymane Wall: did people remain absolutely stuck there in their own little prison behind it? Was it like the Berlin Wall wherein access across the wall was a political pain in the behind to get through? Or can people freely cross the wall but have extremely poor timing in coming home and become a flea-bitten furball?

Bear in mind I have not played Cataclysm, nor can I afford it (don't have paid retail). Lore clarification as well as the server's stance on pre-Cata Gilnean humans is all I'm asking for.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
So long as the character was out of Gilneas before the wall was built, and was stuck outside, then you ought to be fine. You can't re-enter the city and those that are in it cannot get out yet.
(10-13-2011, 02:03 PM)Reigen Wrote: So long as the character was out of Gilneas before the wall was built, and was stuck outside, then you ought to be fine. You can't re-enter the city and those that are in it cannot get out yet.

They can be struck by the curse by then, yes?
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
You were either inside or outside the Greymane Wall when it was constructed. There is no getting in or out.

As long as you were outside the wall when it was constructed, you can play a Gilnean human. I for example, have Vorthus Selgore's big profile. He's a Gilnean without the curse outside the wall.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Sadly no. Any Gilnean that is out right now has not been cursed, and are just normal humans with the accent and are sad they cannot get home. The wall was built by in response to the scourge I think, and the worgen curse had not started at that time. I -could- be wrong, but I think it started when they were all holed up.

Unless you mean, when the wall opens, then most likely they could get hit by the curse. You'd just have to reroll if we ever got cata.
The wall only opens after the curse has been contained, so any Gilneans currently living outside Gilneas aren't cursed and can't become cursed (I think).
Yeah, after the second war (I think) was the wall built. That thing is also impassible, you can even see some people outside it right now, I dunno if they want in though.

Also, any human can become worgen. I remember a forsaken quest in Silverpine where a couple worgens were consulting with some humans saying that if you drink some worgen blood you will turn worgen. While they babble, you are hiding with some undead chick in a closet. Also, the reason they offer to turn worgen was because you cannot be turned into a forsaken if you are worgen. I'm guessing that's only a forsaken rule as Worgen DK's are allowed. And not turning forsaken will obviously dwindle the number of forsaken, blah blah blah..

But yeah, it's possible.
Back On the market

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Returning Player - from before Cataclysm ghaskan 6 1,510 12-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Last Post: ghaskan
  DICEx a dice rolling addon DuskWolf 5 1,953 09-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Last Post: DuskWolf
  Cataclysm and when we are in it. Thoradin 7 1,854 07-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Nikodemos
  Cataclysm and TRP2 SachikoMaeda 11 2,703 05-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Maarten