The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Characters of Cataclysm!
So, yeah. I noticed a few people were making lists of characters that they were keeping when Cataclysm eventually arrives, and I figured instead of just making a thread for myself, other people could post what characters they'll be keeping as well! It'd help keep spam down in in the forum too if it's all in one neat topic. Post your character list if you haven't already! I'm curious what other people are doing with their characters.

On with the list!

Keeping!

Mokaku

Oh, Mokaku. My beloved main. I can confidently say that I won't be changing anything about Mokaku, save for perhaps his interactions with people he knows if said people are changing their characters as well. As a Shaman with a very strong connection to the elements in exchange for no connection with the ancestors, I feel Cataclysm will be very interesting for a Shaman such as himself after seeing everything so out of balance.

Draknir

Draknir was my first Horde character I ever created, to my knowledge (Anyone remember C.R.O.W?). He too will be staying. Whilst terrified at what seems to be the destruction of Azeroth, he'll make damn sure that if he dies in defence of what he loves that he'll go out with a bang and getting his name in history books. With a whole new enemy approaching, Draknir's going to be getting his hands bloody and having some fun. No notable changes.

Ulysses Flint

Ulysses is actually a very recent character. It's funny how sometimes a simple idea can end up becoming so deep, and how sometimes a well thought-out character can be so boring. Ulysses will be staying, continuing his service to the Black Harvest and to The Forsaken. With such radical changes coming to the Forsaken, some of these things may conflict with his morals and even make him question his loyalties. No notable changes.

Kargus Withers

Born Carigus Tenner, this Forsaken will be staying amongst the ranks of the Black Harvest and surviving the Cataclysm. He climbed through society from a filthy street urchin to becoming a member of one of the most powerful league of assassins in Stormwind history. Though his motives seem to be shrouded in mystery. Why would a man fight for a country he never set foot in save for the one day he strayed too far off the beaten path and into the ranks of the Scourge? He's yet to be questioned why he fights, but he'll ride alongside the Forsaken as they make a warpath. No notable changes.

Undecided!

Krohn "Strides With Beasts" Rageclaw

Ah, Krohn. He was my solution for achieving the same personality traits as the banned Primal class. He cared little for outside races and was more interested in living amongst the wilderness, yet miraculously found himself in the ranks of the Argent Crusade and even having gotten praise from Highlord Tirion Fordring himself! (The ending ceremony of an event chain) But the reason he remains in the undecided pile is because I have plans for a feral Worgen lost to the savage mentality, and having two feral characters just feels redundant. It'll all depend on how I feel, and if I have a need for him in the future!

Romaren Locke

Romaren Locke is an ex-Scarlet Crusader whose eyes were opened when the Argent Crusade swept through Hearthglen. He was left to relive the attrocities he had comitted in the name of faith, and he's found himself living at the bottom of a bottle after looking back and realising everything and everyone in his life was a complete lie. He's left to try salvage through the lies to find a glimmer of truth to attain some sense of identity. There's a particular woman in his life who's slowly helping him get there whether she realises it or not, but the reason he's in the undecided pile is because not only do I need to check if said woman will be present in Cataclysm, but also if I'll even have a use for him!

Zetugo

Zetugo is, in a nutshell, largely a comic relief character. He's a cranky and eccentric old Witch Doctor with a knack for potions and smacking people across the head when they do something stupid or insult him. Though he isn't without a small degree of depth to the character. As much as playing this character always proves to be hilarious no matter the circumstance, I've no idea what I'll do with this old timer once Cataclysm hits. I really don't. But because I just like him too damn much, his fate will be judged by the passage of time.

Terminating!

Tzekel

Tzekel... a character I still love and miss, and I'm not talking about the new one either. If he's not a Primal, then I just can't find myself to enjoy roleplaying with him. It just isn't the same! The Dire Troll version just couldn't get my interests. He's a massive wimp, and I honestly found him quite out of place in any RP situation. Thus, I'll be letting him go and pursuing different character ideas, to my regret.

Rogrenn

Rogrenn is yet another character who has lived on the more primal side of life. Raised in the jungles of Stranglethorn Vale by his parents who escaped the punishment of treason against Kul Tiras, he had no idea that there were others out there until he was discovered. But unlike the other savages I've created, instead of shunning society, he's curious and attempting to make his way into it with the help of a Priestess. He's on the terminating pile as his companion is largely inactive, and plus I have too many savage characters despite my love for the archetype.

Navares

A charismatic and charming adventurer hailing from the hidden lands of Gilneas. He was trapped from the walls erected by Greymane after he dared to venture into the outside world. He has since been trying to occupy his time by creating a journal of his travels, complete with illustrations, and hopes to one day get it published. But sadly, his dreams will be ending there! The character exists only to collect dust, so he'll be joining the terminated pile as well. Don't worry, chap. Some other dashing Gilnean may replace you.

Mortimer

There's really nothing to say about this character, as I never really developed it. In a nutshell, he's simply a Forsaken technomage who was quite possibly the nicest man around (except maybe Ivan). The technomage concept might be reincarnated, but Mortimer will be tasting true death this time around. I never even used him anyway.

Watler

DOOOOHOHOHOH- I mean. Yeah, one or two of you might recognise the name. He was a character made quite literally just for trolling people. He would randomly show up at events and heckle people. Or just take the piss out of people when not in events. Either way, the pun-tastic Troll never really saw any action, so he's going into the terminated pile unless I somehow think of a way to get him into Cataclysm.

Human: "Ugh, I hate having this ugly thing invade my space.
Watler: "Is dat what ya mama said when you were born?"
Staldorf: "DOOOOOHOHOHOHO"
Watler: "DOOOOOOHOHOHO"

Didn't think so.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Keeping:

Rensin. Yep, just him. Most likely he's gonna turn more self involved (if that's even possible), and wander the ruins and wastes of the world trying to collect salvage and other parts that he can sell, relying on his bike and semi-wits to govern what he says and does.

He'd most likely be more somber, less joking, and probably force himself to grow up and stop the self pity, in order to just even get by.

Dead:

Errreyone else. They were too caught up in their own things to really pay attention to the big angry destructive dragon, and perished in the flames of retribution, thus purging my character list down to something I can once again sort of semi-manage (and remember that I have) when away. Those who know these creeps, who I honestly can't remember the names of... well, sorry! If you knew 'em and knew it was me, ask me for more details and I'll come up with something. However I think there were only a couple people I'd ever interact with.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Keeping

Kag'rin Sunderskull

Those who know this guy will know that I intend to keep him as my main well into Cataclysm, and he'll lead the Deadeye Watchers 'til then. Not much to say about him - He'll remain unchanged.

Malachai

Malachai is currently one of my oldest characters, and I've grown extremely fond of him during the time I've had him. Definitely a keeper. As for his own activities, he'll remain largely unchanged, though I'll make a few minor retcons to his profile with no significance whatsoever to anyone but myself.

Linevi

This gal will move on unchanged, apart from whatever might happen to her through RP.

Thomas Lackley

I'm only getting started with this guy. Enough said.

Uncertain

Mathabaeus Hode

One of my three first characters - and the last of them - Mathabaeus has been through a lot since I originally made him. A lot of it has been great, but some of it has also been bad. There are some who'd really want me to keep him, but I... I think the guy deserves a rest. I'm not sure about him.

Danothil Seregon

This guy is on the "Uncertain", despite being a decent character, mostly because I'm having some issues making him his own character. I feel he's too much... Me, just with a bit of fancy armor, lots of gold, better taste in fashion, blonde hair and a few slight differences. I don't feel I'm doing the character concept justice. Alternatively I'll largely start anew with him and give his personality an overhaul some typical character development can't do.

Abandoning

Anyone else!

If I haven't mentioned them in this post, then they won't carry over into Cataclysm.

New Faces

Coming Soon

I haven't made up my mind quite yet, but I'll post when I have definite ideas. Currently I've got ideas for at least three Worgen.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
Keeping: Jurok.

Uncertain: Lilli, Zhaei. (Haven't got to RP her yet)

Leaving: Rest.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
Helen Toussaint
Being my oldest and most widely compatible character, Helen will certainly be around after the cataclysm. Though none of Cata's events should affect her directly, she'll have plenty of new places and oddities to explore.

Porcia Agricola
Porcia will continue to serve the Horde in Kalimdor. However, if Garrosh's new direction makes it more difficult to be an elf abroad, she might return to Quel'thalas sooner than she plans to.

Mabel Vandermeer
...will be rerolled as a human hunter, as she was meant to be. Hopefully, Cata will renew interest in Eastern Kingdoms RP - otherwise, I'll have to find something else for her to do.

Lionel Rambolt
I was planning to abandon this character after Cataclysm, because I hadn't played him much. But I recently had a few RP experiences that reminded me of why I made the character. Wherever the Alliance is in need of swords, this gnightly gnome will be ready to serve and protect.

Besides existing characters, I have a few ideas for new characters:

-A Wildhammer dwarf shaman, who is as benevolent as she is lazy
-A worgen who writes gloomy literature and poetry, loosely inspired by Edgar Allan Poe
-An orc mage, a blood elf warrior, or a troll druid. I'm not sure which of those I'll play, but all of those race/class combos interest me.
... It's no surprise that the first thing I'll roll is a Night Elf Mage. Other, though, I may have a completely creepily insane Bragdana. Other then those two, not sure. It's still a long way to go.
Deleted my post, moved crap here.

So, yeah. Seeing my buds Krilari and Sol with their charatcer posts, I figure I might rip off do some listing of my own. I definately don't have as many, so this should be relatively short and sweet.

Annabelle Greene-Bronco
Oh my, how long have I had her. Since my first time on here, I believe. She's gone through a few significant changes, both due to OOC retcons/shifts and IC adventures. I will be keeping her, and she will be happily married to the love of her life, Don Bronco. Accompanying them will be their adopted son David, and their infant. No retcons, unless others do so.

Happily married or not, she'll likely find trouble. Not near the shenanigans of times past, though. Uncle Baidin and Castor and Aunt Calia can babysit!

Zephyaluu
My rarely-sighted Draenei beastmistress will have many new areas to explore! Keeping her.

Mar'waz
With the introduction of druidism to trolls, I will likely shift Mar'waz to a tusked Druid of the Claw. And, y'know, perhaps actually RP her.

Nuadon Duskshield-Ironraven
Hooboy, Ashenvale in Cataclysm. Nuadon'll definately be around, perhaps a full Warden by now. Still alongside her mate, Anthrion. Killin' orcs and Elementals and Twilights.

Blair Byrne
Neeeever did much with this one. My business-woman shadow "priestess" may not make it. Perhaps there might be interesting deals to make with the shady-types in Uldum for rare magic. Who knows.

Odetta Mosley
My Forsaken mage, only seen in OOC areas. Gone. Apologies to Sol, but I never could get into the culture/mindset.

Orvisha Lorewolf
Big changes are on the way for little Orvisha. Finally seeing what the Elements have been fleeing, why they have not answered the shamans--she will take such a mantle upon herself. Handing over her faithful Atsuko to her honor-sister Relki'tarra, she will discard her kilt and arrows for clawed fist weapons and mail armor. Likely trained by Jurok.

Spoiler:
[Image: 2il2ft.png]

Punchin' Twilights in the face with the wind. Aw yeah.

Ithildess Pyrefeather
Like others, I'm not entirely sure what there is for Blood Elves in Cataclysm. Perhaps if others keep their own related characters, she might stick around.

Maegwyna
Likely scrapped. A concept I had to get down. I'll keep the profile on file if my interest piques again.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
I'll be highly considering a semi-active return come Cata. If I do, my character list will experience a George Costanza level of shrinkage.

Captain Jonoth Shyemlye - Will officially be my primary character. Nothing will change pending what others change about their own characters.

Remyl Steeley - Because you know you love him long time.

Dibykali - Maybe. Just maybe. I like her a lot, and still have some exploring to do.

Other characters may return by request, but it will take some serious persuasion.
Rofupi will be Kenshiro. Wandering the wastelands dispensing justice with his fists.

Corlmitz will be a lone survivor. Kind of how he always is.

And as for something else, all I'll say is...

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
Well, I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but Ormica and Groshner should very much make it to Cata! (If neither get killed...)
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
(09-16-2012, 07:13 PM)Jonoth Wrote: I'll be highly considering a semi-active return come Cata. If I do, my character list will experience a George Costanza level of shrinkage.

Captain Jonoth Shyemlye - Will officially be my primary character. Nothing will change pending what others change about their own characters.

Remyl Steeley - Because you know you love him long time.

Dibykali - Maybe. Just maybe. I like her a lot, and still have some exploring to do.

Other characters may return by request, but it will take some serious persuasion.

And so the Legion of Alts finally comes to an end...

At least there will be Remyl :C
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Considering letting Sersay burn in a fire. Might make poll to determine community stance on Sersay burning in fire/not burning in fire.
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]
Oh my. Are we certain enough of Cataclysm's arrival to be deciding such things yet?
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
Um...not really in my mind, but I needed something to do :3 Though yes, good point, guys we may not even move to Cata. To say agian, let's not count our chickens before they hatch :3
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
I logged in to see if we were at Cata. I'm thinkin' this might be jumping the gun like people did two years ago.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The fate of our characters FlyingSquirrel 27 13,980 03-14-2015, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Geoni
  Random facts about our characters Saiyuu 181 38,186 12-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Hearthstone Characters DaveM 6 5,470 10-26-2014, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Question Concerning Merchant Characters/Shops Felitsa 4 1,185 03-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Returning Player - from before Cataclysm ghaskan 6 1,510 12-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Last Post: ghaskan