The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Come on. Hit me.
Well, CotH, I think it's high time I ask you what you think of the characters and roleplays I've cooked up in my creative kitchen. Tell me what you like and tell me what you don't, what I need to keep doing and what I need to stop, what could do with work and what needs to be changed entirely.

Tell me anything you like. Go wild, in fact. Any sort of comment as to the style and content of my roleplaying is welcome. There's a short list of my characters in the spoiler tag of my sig if you wanna check if you've seen any around.

Cheers,
Sol :D
I freaking love Katrianne. Forever.

And I -forgot- you were Ciaphas! Well done!

Basically, you rock. :D I look forward to more time with your characters and other characters that I have not met!
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
Jared and Mercy are the only ones I RP'd with, but the RP I got with them most pleased me. I can very well say your work with forsaken and humans alike have impressed me.

One ontop of eachother, great work, Sol, and keep it coming!
Just gonna give this a bump in pursuit of further critique and commentary. Say whatever you like, whether you want to nitpick the intricacies of a certain character, my forum presence or make a point about my general style of roleplay. :D You can even take stabs at me for my contributions (such as they are) to the Skype channel. I'm open. xD
My characters are:
  • *Jared
    *Katrianne
    *Voragh
    *Dhorgun
    *Ulwey
    *Castor
    *Sigismund
    *Stephen
    *Mercy
    *Askari
    *Ciaphas
    *Sheckley
    *Eltharias

I should probably be more specific about what I'm looking for comments on, so I may get back to this later when it occurs to me, but in the meantime, if you have something constructive to say, hit me with it.
They are all awesome. Unique and well rp'd
"Do not be fooled if you hear laughter, or happen upon a smile. There is no happiness or merriment here."
D'aww, thanks, Mimmy. :3

At the moment, having thought about it, there are three specific things I'd like some constructive criticism on:
  • - My guild leadership in the Black Harvest. I've noticed I've been on alts a few times while others have clustered for guild RP in recent days, and I've got to wonder, am I providing a strong enough presence in the guild? Basically: am i doin it rite?

- My DMing (mainly Harvest events). I keep hearing generally positive feedback during my customary "So, what did you think?" at the end of each of my events, but I understand that raid chat can be a difficult place to formulate a detailed response to that sort of question. People regularly mention that my combat's sometimes clunky and disorganised, and I'm all too conscious of it, but in what way is it clunky, and in what ways can I improve it? Furthermore: Do you think I have a problem with railroading?

- And finally, as an aside: Voragh. Going by what people have said to me about him during the recent Love Exchange events, he's an extremely divisive character. Some people seem to think he's awesome and love him, but others (I think maybe a majority) think he's too over the top, too ridiculous, swears too much, and generally feels more like a lulz machine than a character. Being over the top, ridiculous and swearing a lot are reflections of the character's personality, so I'm uncertain how to change them. Do you think there's ways I could better execute a character like Voragh without straying too far into Lulz Central? Or do you think I'm being a hypochondriac and doing nothing serious wrong?

Be as concise or as detailed as you like, but please, if you're going to say anything, be entirely honest. :D Peace.
I'm going to take the latest event to demonstrate how the combat was clunky.
In the beginning, it was your roll vs. their roll, which is fine. It gets a little weird when you fight yourself, but you've been good about not fudging those rolls. Towards the end of that event though, you just called whether or not something was successful without rolling opposition. Or, that's what I saw. You might have had something else up that rolled the opposition.
You might want to look into doing a threshold system like Damien did with his Andorhal event. Granted, that might not be good for one on one fights, but more for large sweeping things.

Your guild management is good. Almost every time I get on, you're on. Even at times that would be obscene to others in your timezone. You also assert yourself and order your peons around and that's what some of them want. (Mainly talking for Ordin here. :P) The myriad of events your end up throwing are awesome, albeit a bit disconnected. We went from clearing out the Manor in Silverpine to snooping around a crypt and releasing the big bad. A little more cohesion would probably do well.

As for any of your characters, I think they're brilliant. At least the ones i've RPed with, like Jared, Mercy and Voragh.

So yeah, I think that's it.

Poof.
Looks like you need some Majyk.

Characters
Spoiler:
Ordin
Bregar Cimitero
Luscia Cimitero
Freya Grey
Blaudia Nihil
Roderick Giordano
Majyk
Apostasy
Azibo
Maxwell Pennington
Vyriel
Derin Taylor
Yeva Everbloom
Evissa
Vivi
Quote:- And finally, as an aside: Voragh. Going by what people have said to me about him during the recent Love Exchange events, he's an extremely divisive character. Some people seem to think he's awesome and love him, but others (I think maybe a majority) think he's too over the top, too ridiculous, swears too much, and generally feels more like a lulz machine than a character. Being over the top, ridiculous and swearing a lot are reflections of the character's personality, so I'm uncertain how to change them. Do you think there's ways I could better execute a character like Voragh without straying too far into Lulz Central? Or do you think I'm being a hypochondriac and doing nothing serious wrong?

Now I don't know the character personally (Or yourself. Wanna RP some time?) but I do know all too well the plight of the 'funny man'. Personally when I play a character I either go for the sardonic/sarcastic, or the over-the-top/loud personality route. Some of my more notable characters in the latter would be Don Bronco and Thraze, if you've been around for a couple years. It's a pretty thin line, and I'd be lying if I said people hadn't told me to tone it down a bit in the past. The way I dealt with it, really, was to go back and reevaluate their history a bit. Again I'm not sure about your character, but both Thraze and Don didn't necessarily have anything altogether dark in their past. Some family had died, and they had little issues here and there, but there wasn't anything 'major'.

Bad things in the end though, are what shape a person and develop a personality. Even the most hysterical character out there has to have something in their past that makes them sad on some level, or they have an event that they look back on with regret. They can't be meant for comic relief 100% of the time, since not 100% of scenarios and situations call for such a thing. There are serious moments and people will loathe your character for infringing on them. Getting back on track though, try to add a few more layers to the character. I have no doubt there are already several since I've heard nothing but good about you RP wise... But I personally don't think you can ever have enough.

Hrm... What else to say...

Having a group of characters that are somewhat similar is always good, if you can find them. There aren't too many characters like that around though, since people seem to get disheartened by them. I thought that the Bloodsworn Honorguard and the Booty Bay Flower Co. were two perfect examples from back in the day, and if you could find something like that then that's perfect. Both serious and incredibly comical moments. I'm probably going to start rambling soon if I haven't already, but there's just so much to say!

Oh! Don't be afraid to add anything to his history, again! If it seems major, talk to a GM, but little things that you totally, full on make up in RP are awesome, especially when meant from a comical point of view. People will probably mutter a bit about all the swearing but whatever, your character cusses, oh well. The best thing you can do is try to find the best timing and placement possible, for swearing I suppose. That comes with playing the character a ridiculous amount and finding out what fits for both you and them from an IC and OOC stand point. Now not all that might pertain to you, but hopefully someone somewhere takes something from it. If it is you, then hell, even better.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Castor is a fun nub to hang around. Bros with Baidin, and he is just adorable around Calia. Need more!
Voragh is amazing, and was one of the funniest parts of the festival. Really.

What I love about him is he still has an orcish core. He naturally speaks of clans and honor with intelligence, then hops on his phallic symbol Love Rocket and careens off. I can tell choices weigh with him. So, no. Despite being utterly hilarious, I think it's incorrect to say he's just an over-the-top joke character.

Good luck with The Hate Exchange.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Way too lazy to read what other people have said. So'll(GET IT?! IT'S LIKE SOL. I'M SO FUNNY. /sob in a corner) get to my own stuff that I have to say.

If not for you and the Black Harvest, Atius probably would have never been, so firstly, I have to thank you very much for that as he is such a love of mine now! He's had so much development and so many experiences with the guild that he's one of my most 'grown' characters, and I love it.

Your leadership skills, IMO, are great. OOC, you're fair and try to make sure everyone can have fun with what's happening. You see people around and decide "OHAY LETS DO SOMETHING" on a whim and the events are always entertaining and quite an experience(even if I end up missing half the damn things). IC, I love Jared. He's such a fun character to RP with and just fun to watch how he handles situations. Very developed and handled well. Kudos, sir! Even if he's an A-hole and tries to play keep-away with someone who's socially inept and doesn't get the concept of playing a game that doesn't have anything to do with reading a book. Or talking about a book. OR JUST BOOKS, GOD I LOVE THEM--

Going back to your events; at first, I remember them being a bit slow and 'shaky' I guess. Sometimes like it was getting very cluttered and difficult to deal with, depending on the size of the group. But more recent events were run great! A bit slow in the beginning but once they got going, it was fuggin' fun! And it was -very- fair, in my eyes. It gave people the chance to feel really powerful and epic(Lazurus) while still leaving room for them to be put back into their place time and time again(Atius ._.) and it all just became a very smooth ride as it went on. I'm talking about the big Scourge fight the Harvest had, of course. I always miss other events. -.-

Hm.. Criticism.. Start caring about Atius more. >:( "Atius is missing." Ah well. Gotta find another one. "Lendri is missin--" INFORM THE QUEEN. WE NEED EVERY AVAILABLE FORSAKEN. (<3)

Uh.. That's all I got right now. Bye. :D
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Four words:

All of my love.

Keep up the awesome work.
Disregard my unproductive input and lack of actual feedback. You're an awesome RPer and an excellent fellow FH. Keep being awesome!
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
GIVE ME YOUR SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Love you, man. You're very fun, and you do a lot to get everyone involved. I love Voragh--he's hilarious, and I love the dynamic he provided everytime he's around individuals like Ensuena, Bastos, and Arnaldo. Castor makes me smile. I love taking advantage of Ul'wey and Chit so I can make bad jokes. And Jared is my Forsaken hero :D.

My only complaint is that we clearly do not RP enough together >:[ </3

Peace out, bro!
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Sol.

I'm too lazy to really get in depth right now, buuuuut....

You're basically one of my favorite RPers on the server as a whole. Every character I've gotten involved with, as entertained me in uniqueness, accessibility, and fun. Jared is easily one of, if not THE best played Forsaken on CotH (IMO anyway), and he maintains a tense air around the likes of Cristovao without being outright affably evil. He is the forsaken I have longed to RP with. Castor is fun, naive, and being the "Grandson" of Lothar is awesome, and how it conveniently worked well with Gantrithor's backstory is honestly what motivated me to RP Gan more than just a token space goat. Ul'wey has a silithid for a pet. That's awesome. Plus, he's a pretty unique troll as far as costume and demeanor goes without being a spayshole snooflayk. A shame I haven't seen him since Beaufort Bay!
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(02-15-2012, 07:27 PM)Sol Wrote: And finally, as an aside: Voragh. Going by what people have said to me about him during the recent Love Exchange events, he's an extremely divisive character. Some people seem to think he's awesome and love him, but others (I think maybe a majority) think he's too over the top, too ridiculous, swears too much, and generally feels more like a lulz machine than a character. Being over the top, ridiculous and swearing a lot are reflections of the character's personality, so I'm uncertain how to change them. Do you think there's ways I could better execute a character like Voragh without straying too far into Lulz Central? Or do you think I'm being a hypochondriac and doing nothing serious wrong?

Now, my exposure to Voragh has been limited to a couple of the days of the Love is in the Air event and the days in Kidnapped so far, but since you asked for feedback on this guy, here it is...

I'm actually going to have the complete opposite point of view as C0rzilla. I feel Voragh's main flaw isn't so much that he's a "lulz machine," but rather that he's one that acts in a completely unorcish fashion. A humorous character is fine, so the real problem is when you have a character that is so far removed from his race that he might as well be anything else. Voragh comes off, more than anything else, as a violent frat-boy. He's just too far removed from the concepts of honor and practicality that really define how orcs act.

But I'm also an orcish purist, so take that for what it's worth.

Please don't take this as an insult to your RP abilities, just my feedback on one character. Still looking forward to our Warhammer games!
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -