The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Forever Alone
[Image: forever_a_gnome_by_maguseldred-d34l1w5.png]

So I've taken advantage of the restart and my recent 'Grand Return' to CotH to revamp Clovis's backstory. Clovis is now a Dalaran man, born and raised, and has seen his fair share of war - between the Fall of Dalaran to the Scourge, to being part of the Alliance force that retook the city. Then joining the remnants of the Silver Hand, and eventually the Argent Dawn when the former group splintered. And from there, the Argent Crusade, then back to Dalaran.

I'm currently seeking friends from Clovis's past. Close or not so close friends. Perhaps your character spent some fair time in Dalaran in their early years or grew up there and was a childhood friend of Clo's - like Tavren and Mathias. Perhaps they were there for the attack and survived....or fell and came back, later becoming Forsaken.

Or perhaps there also former Argent Dawn warriors or members of the crusade. Whatever the story, I'm interested. Most of you will of just been people Clovis was on good terms with for a short while, where as only a few would of been bestest friends foreverest. Even less few would be friends who died during the Fall of Dalaran and became Forsaken later.

Clovis is currently trying to reconnect with old friends, mostly since he's interested in going out an seeing the world now that his homeland and parents are safe. An ulterior motive to just wanting to go see old friends and making new allies, is that Clovis has never seen much of the world outside of Lordaeron, Dalaran, and Northrend, and this would be an excuse to explore. So, please inquire with me if you'd like to be...

Quote:Childhood Friend: Human: Must have spent life, or at least a year in Dalaran at any point, a year before Clovis turns 18.

CF: High/Blood Elf: Same as human. Relationship will be strained due to faction differences. May become enemies.

CF: Became Forsaken after Dalaran's Fall: Same as Elf. Relationship will be even more strained. Clovis may/probably/definitely will accidentally offend you at some point.

CF: Survived Dalaran's Fall

Friend/Battle-Buddy: Retaking of Dalaran: Human

Friend/Battle-Buddy: Retaking of Dalaran: Blood Elf: Awkward conversation about that time Garithos's forces tried to kill you and your leader?

Quote:Silver Hand Remnant: Paladin that worked alongside Clovis in the Silver Hand, between retaking of Dalaran, and the creation of the Scarlet Crusade and Argent Dawn.

Argent Dawn/Crusade: Alliance Races

Argent Dawn/Crusade: Blood Elf/Forsaken: Considering the Argent's don't just let -any- old Blood Elf or Forsaken into the order, Clovis wouldn't actually be all too aggressive with you. Yes, a forsaken Argent could be buddy buddy with me.

AD/C: Orc:

[Image: OrcsMustDie-Logo.png]

Quote:Family: ( For anyone interested in making a new character. Feel free to plan it out with me. The only details set in stone would be age, and profession - Origins, name, and combat style is negotiable. )

Oliver 'Olli' Briarthorn: Father
Profession: Kirin Tor Member, Alchemist
Origins: Only son of Gilnean Harvest-witches.
Combat Style: Wears a gas mask and protective gloves. Uses potions, toxins, gases, and acids.

Aliya Briarthorn: Mother
Profession: Kirin Tor Member, Arcanist
Origins: Middle child of Lordaeron business owning family.
Combat Style: Traditional arcane mage.

Miscellaneous Cousins, Aunts, and Uncles.

[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
At first I thought this was going to be a guild post to counter The Love Exchange.

Also that Gnome is going to cause nightmares.

On a more related topic, reading through this I swear Endling and Clovis should somehow have history. The opportunity for depressing meetings would be endless.
Sure. Why not.

CF: Human: Mercy already knows Tavren through time spent in Dalaran, so it's entirely possible that she could have been acquainted with Clovis through old Mister Black back in the day. Distantly enough, say, that they didn't immediately recognise one another when they spoke at the TLE party the other night. Then again, there were costumes and helmets at work there, too. I believe Mercy was the only one who got to introduce herself properly in that little chat, and she's going by a different name now, anyway, so that wouldn't have twigged either of them to one another's respective identities.

Merciara de la Varre was in Dalaran studying for a year, two years before the Third War, before she abruptly vanished due to family issues. I'd be up for it, but it's up to you, purple man.
(10-18-2011, 07:10 PM)Rigley Wrote: At first I thought this was going to be a guild post to counter The Love Exchange.

Also that Gnome is going to cause nightmares.

On a more related topic, reading through this I swear Endling and Clovis should somehow have history. The opportunity for depressing meetings would be endless.

It's funny you should mention that! I was reading The Love Exchange's topic earlier and saw Endling's post and how it made no mention of her being Forsaken. I could so picture some doof pairing up Endling for a meeting with Clovis after reading her ads requirements. It could be a tragic sitcom!

"Hot damn! I didn't expect to get a date that fast! Sounds like a cute little thing too. I love me some innocent priestesses. Bet she won't be too innocent when I drag her down to "Confessi-"

Endling waves.

Spoiler:
[Image: 1279052383758.jpg?1279054176]

EDIT: @Sol

I actually just left House Blackstone. Would that have any affect on Clovis meeting Mercy again?

Hard to say what level of interaction the two would have however.

(10-18-2011, 07:10 PM)Rigley Wrote: At first I thought this was going to be a guild post to counter The Love Exchange.

So did I! I totally thought "YES, THE FOREVER ALONE CLUB HAS A GUILD!". But.....

Anyway, I have Jami, who had an association with Dalaran, and as a Blood Elf regretful for turning to the fel, she hopes to reconnect with her old Alliance friends.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
(10-18-2011, 07:20 PM)Clovis Wrote: It's funny you should mention that! I was reading The Love Exchange's topic earlier and saw Endling's post and how it made no mention of her being Forsaken. I could so picture some doof pairing up Endling for a meeting with Clovis after reading her ads requirements. It could be a tragic sitcom!

"Hot damn! I didn't expect to get a date that fast! Sounds like a cute little thing too. I love me some innocent priestesses. Bet she won't be too innocent when I drag her down to "Confessi-"

Endling waves.

Spoiler:
[Image: 1279052383758.jpg?1279054176]

Ohgod.

Even worse is that she's going to request that any correspondence be by mail in a few days, since I'm going to be gone for vacation.

Which means that he might talk to her for about a whole month before realizing that she's undead.

...This is terrible and I like it.
Quote:Anyway, I have Jami, who had an association with Dalaran, and as a Blood Elf regretful for turning to the fel, she hopes to reconnect with her old Alliance friends.

Hit me up ingame sometime and the two can have a chance meeting. Clovis did get an education growing up in Dalaran, so for all we know, he could of once been tutored by her or something.

Quote:Ohgod.

Even worse is that she's going to request that any correspondence be by mail in a few days, since I'm going to be gone for vacation.

Which means that he might talk to her for about a whole month before realizing that she's undead.

...This is terrible and I like it.

That is too amusing (And potentially tragic...or creepy) to pass up. Totally gonna hit up the Love guild thingy later ICly. We can figure out any past interactions they may have had in life oocly too, if any.

Most likely!

This is delicious. We must conspire!
Clovis Wrote:EDIT: @Sol

I actually just left House Blackstone. Would that have any affect on Clovis meeting Mercy again?

Hard to say what level of interaction the two would have however.

Probably not. Mercy's still only an associate of House Blackstone and she wanders around quite a bit, so it's entirely likely they'd bump into one another again.

And yeah, apart from humanity, Dalaran and a few mutual acquaintances, they don't have much common ground. To boot, she's normally be actively avoiding familiar faces from that time of her life, but recent events may be looking to change that.

I'm also conscious of the diametric opposition of their classes and how it may at some point bring them into conflict with one another. This might become more considerably more interesting if they're already acquainted.

Offer's still open. Even if it doesn't lead anywhere particularly cool, it couldn't hurt to have the opportunity there.
My mage Alekzandra studied in Dalaran up until it was ransacked, and afterwards was part of the Argent Dawn as a courier and transporter. He may have seen her in passing pre-destruction, and either used her as a messenger or got teleported for a mission as part of the Dawn.

Edit: Also, she's suffering from arcane corruption, so it may make an interesting meeting to see her in that condition.
As I yelled at you over vent a few days ago...

'I call dibs on one of the parents!'

Hmm, though I have no clue which one to pick... The mother has the potential to create extremely awkward moments...

I like this idea.

*rubs hands manically*

(Posted from the iPhone)
(10-18-2011, 06:48 PM)Clovis Wrote:
Quote:AD/C: Orc:

[Image: OrcsMustDie-Logo.png]

[Image: OpoQQ.jpg?1318992465]
Thaddeus Balash would have been one of the first members of the Silver Hand. He would then be a member of the Argent Crusade, fought at Icecrown, and is currently paying off a debt to House Blackstone. It's incredibly likely the two have at least bumped into one another over the years, more likely than not being friends.

I would also like to put my elf Merica Riversong up for potential friendship. While she does have a checkered past, she now serves as a priestess of the Light. It is potentially possible that the two have bumped into one another. Perhaps they could have become friends. In any case,it would have been a grand length of time since they've last seen one another. Humorously she would have been a full-grown adult while Clovis was a child. Might have bumped into eachother when Clovis became more firm with his faith in the Light.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Can I interest you in a kindly (but sometimes rolling pin-wielding) grandmother? Kit Foster is a Dalaran lady herself.
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
My human paladin, Cristovao, was trained as Silver Hand in Lordaeron city and Ironforge, and between the two he knew a few high elves. In present times, he's served the Argent Dawn and Crusade, so take this as you will.

My dwarf, Hrodebert, is married to Jami, so if you know Jami, you might know Hrod too.

My own blood elf, Aryeon, is a 1500 year old high priest of the Church of Holy Light, and came from a (now defunct) prestigious family of arcanists. Also, he abhors having turned to the Fel and thinks his people are bastards for it :D
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.