The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Double Standard?
I have no ill-intention towards other characters who are already approved I trust the staff. I don't understand why certain classes are allowed and others aren't. I was under the impression we couldn't roll Felsworns which is why Mariana couldn't roll one. And was demoted to Diabolist. Don't misunderstand I am not a large fan of Rosencrat or her character. But her RP is phenomenal and the RP she brings to the server is amazing, I have much respect for her in -that- regard. Does this mean we can roll Runemasters? because I heard we couldn't but I'd like to have one because I never had one when the -trend- was in. But I'd most definitely like one. I don't mean to start any hostility I just ask this out of the pure sake of the question. With the Variant class are we allowed to roll whatever we want? And if so. Bring Marianna Bisen back in full effect and all the sparkly Demon Hunters because they made RP. If I've crossed the line I apologize this was taken more than what it was intended.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
I back this post. Marianna was one of the best character Fel Sworn's I've RP'd with. If we approve one then we need to open it back up. There are alot of people who got told flat out "No." by Grakor and if you decide to let one through then it should be an avenue for everyone to play one.
[Image: 15.jpg]
*Headscratch*

... Unfortunately, that's not the GM team's decision to make. This probably would have done better as a PM to us though.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Sort of. You can roll someone who tattoos inscription buffs upon themselves, and you can use the base class skills to fill in the blanks.
i am geko
i live heer
and my favorite food is crikkits
(11-10-2011, 01:57 PM)Grogloki Wrote: I back this post. Marianna was one of the best character Fel Sworn's I've RP'd with. If we approve one then we need to open it back up. There are alot of people who got told flat out "No." by Grakor and if you decide to let one through then it should be an avenue for everyone to play one.

The fel-sworn character that was approved was approved through a CMC, and that's solely the decision of Kretol (as is restrictions on demon hunters and other titles; that is the admin's call). Personally I dislike the idea of any fel-sworn, if I'm to be completely honest. At any rate though if Rosencrat wanted a fel-sworn she could have one; she'd need a CMC though, just as was done with Sangreala.

So as I said in another thread-- you can have a fel-sworn it seems, but only through a CMC due to the mutations involved.

Anyways, Runemasters can be made in a way but they aren't quite what was envisioned in the RPG; you can have a character with enchanted runes, but using them for all their spellcasting and embodying the class completely is a no, as far as I know.
What is it about the mutations that (whoever disallowed them) dislikes so much? Mutations run the gamut from chaffed skin, to well...Sangreala.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
I think this was more a matter of miscommunication, if anything. After decisions were made involving certain abnormal classes, I was under the impression that Felsworn were only allowed as a CMC since a morph would be necessary.
Okay thank you for clearing that up Kretol. So we -can- roll them so long as they pass through the CMC now? lol *drools*
People glorify Fel Sworn far too much.

In all honesty they are wretched to play and I am firmly against their re-introduction. People abuse their mutations and they were one of many reasons the last Prestige system fell through.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
(11-10-2011, 02:20 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: What is it about the mutations that (whoever disallowed them) dislikes so much? Mutations run the gamut from chaffed skin, to well...Sangreala.

Abuse how, exactly?
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
(11-10-2011, 02:42 PM)c0rzilla Wrote:
(11-10-2011, 02:20 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: What is it about the mutations that (whoever disallowed them) dislikes so much? Mutations run the gamut from chaffed skin, to well...Sangreala.

Abuse how, exactly?

Horns, claws, wings, scaled skin etc. Then demanding roll bonuses for it all.

Basically things that made them all the specialest little snowflake.

It may have been covered already but the reason (at least the one I was told) for mutations not being allowed is that most of them were taken for a special character model-- something which seemed like a runaround of using the CMC stuff. Mutations in general generally called for custom models due to horns or other 'special' attributes that didn't do much more than make a character stand out in a crowd.

Again, this is just what I was told. We figured when discussing mutations that if it's going to cause something physical to the point a custom model is needed, they should be submitting to CMC forums instead of normal profiles.

Apologies if this was already brought up!
I rather like the idea of custom models. Fel Sworn works just fine for them, obviously they lose their "prestige" powers but who cares. It is about RPing the --> Fel Sworn <--- not the powers. A twisted soul fallen to fel. Awesome RP can come from that. Although I'll just keep rocking my base classes, Grog is about as far into the old prestige system as I wanna go. Thanks for clearing that up Rigley and Kretol, it is appreciated :)
(11-10-2011, 02:45 PM)Binkleheimer Wrote:

Abuse how, exactly?

Uh... So what if people would like/want purely cosmetic mutations that give them no advantages?
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
(11-10-2011, 07:24 PM)flammos200 Wrote:
(11-10-2011, 02:45 PM)Binkleheimer Wrote:

Abuse how, exactly?

Uh... So what if people would like/want purely cosmetic mutations that give them no advantages?

They never do.

Secondly, they'd over look the negative aspects of the various mutations and only roleplay the positive ones. (This also goes for the advantage thing. They scream for +5 to def and attack rolls since they now have super tough scaly skin and super sharp claws but will never consider any negatives when faced with divine spells or that their mutations might be more detrimental.)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Odd Standard to Have? Kazumi7677 14 2,707 06-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Qaza