The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Tom's Intro Thread! WOO!
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I started playing WoW retail when I was in eighth grade, which was 2007/8. I fell in love with the game and its roleplaying aspect, obviously, but not the monthly fee and added cost of each of the expansions. I played for a few months after the release of Cataclysm before I decided (inspired by a friend who had done the same thing) to quit.

A very close and dear friend of mine (not the same one mentioned in the previous paragraph, mind you) and I have recently been tossing around the idea of getting together on a private server to roleplay as I've been interested to learn his style and skill (don't worry, Ryan, if you're reading this- I don't doubt that you're awesome. <3) and to get back into the game in a way that won't drain my coinpurse every two months.

The first server that he and I tried together was Molten WoW, but that was mostly for a laugh- it was a PvP server, and.. well, suffice it to say that I couldn't PvP my way out of a burlap sack. We had fun, anyhow. ^^

We also toyed with the idea of going on a server that he played on, once upon a time: Prologue WoW. Sadly, it seems that the state and member-base of that server have really deprecated since last he visited, so we decided against investing time on that server.

That's when Ryan mentioned this server. He linked me to your website (he's played here, before, too.. a couple of years ago, though) and after a quick skim through your pages and wiki, I've decided that it looks right good! And so, here I am, writing up an introduction in the hopes that I'll be accepted into the confines of this lovely realm!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I come from Canada (Ontario, specifically) and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Before the eighth grade, I'd long been interested in the idea of roleplaying but had never really found a place to do it. I thought that an MMORPG (one that I'd heard about on G4TV, no less) would be a good place to start, so naturally I decided to join into the most popular one! That was around the time of TBC, if I recall correctly.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

See question one.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I've only really ever been interested in walk-up 'street' roleplay, but I've also been known to attend the odd guild event or trade-chat-advertised get-together.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Hard to say since I'm a confessed altoholic, but I've been successful in the past with a Blood Elf Rogue, a Draenei Shaman and a Tauren Druid.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I'm just hoping to find some good, ol'-fashioned roleplay and maybe make some friends while I look.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Tolerance!:

"We intend to keep this server as friendly and open-minded as possible. For that reason, do not harass other players, and refrain from making comments or jokes that are, or might be seen as, derogatory to a particular race, gender, sexual orientation, or religion. This is not acceptable in ANY OOC channel."

There's nothing I hate more than random hostility, immaturity or discrimination.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The biting wind of the cold November evening nipped mercilessly at the diminutive man's large, brass-ringed and rather prominent ears as he strode, leaning into the wind so that he might avoid being blown onto his ass, along an adorned Silvermoon promenade. The surroundings were unmistakably Sin'dorei, and that didn't appeal to the young green-skin in the slightest. He had places to be and people to talk to and nothing, not even a gale force wind, was going to stop him; the outing was like a proud defiance of nature, to him.

"F-Friggin' freezin' out here.." He muttered begrudgingly into the roaring din of air that rushed through the narrowly enclosed walkway. A stern and rather spiteful look was set into his dark, freckle-spattered (albeit youthful) features as he pressed onward into the force that fought so valiantly to push him back down into the alleyway.

Finally, as the man rounded a corner, his destination came into sight: the elder's walk! Salvation, at last! Or.. so he thought. The width of the long and royally-appointed court would surely break the wind and give him some relief. I mean.. that was only logic, right? Unfortunately, the poor Gob' hadn't a very strong grasp on the physics of air pressure.

Just as the Goblin's left foot laboriously crossed over the threshold dividing the two areas of the city, he unleashed a great and resounding yelp as his slight figure was sucked into the Walk feet-first and promptly tossed onto his rear a good ten feet from where his leather-booted feet had departed from the gleaming, windswept cobblestone.

As the Goblin flailed, struggling to untangle his limbs and right himself, a tawny Tauren Shaman loosed a rich and deep chuckle from his perch on the rail of a balcony far overhead. What the young Goblin didn't know is that the wind that day was, in actuality, quite calm and sedated. The Tauren had needed a good laugh and a lovely idea had struck him when he watched the angry-looking green man step from his apartment and into the dim light of the evening. Toying with hot-headed little Goblins was a pastime of his.

As the bull re-entered his own dwelling, though, it was with a smile that curved his muzzle. The sound of the Goblin's struggle far, far below was like music to his ears.

fin

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nope! Your wiki page was very informative.

____

Thanks for considering. :)
Hello and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already browsed around already, please do make sure to check out the rules and policies so you’re familiar to the server’s expectations!
As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. If I’m online feel free to whisper me or send me a PM.

Seems like you had quiet the journey to reach us, most just find us on google. I feel your pain with the PVP deal, I couldn't PVP if several kittens depended on it. I do hope we'll fit all your RPing needs and expectations and I look forward to seeing you in game!

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Real Introduction Thread Post Thread Flawless 1 810 10-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin