The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Wake's Wake-Up
Woe be the day that my reserve of Argus Wake-based titles run dry. The guild might just collapse.

Now, this has irked me as of late: The active inactivity among guild members.

Now, if nobody was active I wouldn't give a flying fig and be able to re-vamp Argus Wake. And if everybody was active then we wouldn't have a problem and I could unveil my 'Mission Accomplished' banner.

What we have, though, is a membership that comes out in droves for events but can't be found during the off hours. Which is odd, to say the least. Flattering for moi, who spends way too long prepping for these events, but still odd.

So, I'm curious: Why don't you participate in non-event RP?

I have two theories myself as to why:

A) Real Life Is Annoying
Our members are just busy. School's in full swing and some of us (Coughcouch) have full-time jobs. This prevents them from logging on and engaging in casual RP.

I know this has been my own reason. I'm busy most days and, through only some madness on my part, am I able to even log on and RP. Even on the weekends I'm insanely busy, which cuts into my role-playing schedule something fierce.

OR

B) We're All Just Strangers
My approach to recruitment has been rather simple: Each person is approached by Marianna and brought into the fold. This has been great for my role-play (I have a guild full of 'friends' I can role-play with) but puts everyone else in a bind.

When you're brought in by only one player and no effort is made by that player to get your character integrated with the populous at large you're left feeling like an outsider. Feeling like an outsider is not conducive towards role-play or the guild-dynamic that so many are attracted towards.

So, tell me your thoughts. I'd prefer this to remain as a discussion among Argus WAke members, but if you have some insight into this gleaned from personal experiences (I really don't want to see random conjecture based on logic. This is a case specific to our guild where a solution must be tailor-made for our certain brand of problem) then, by all means, step up.

Signed With a Loving Hand,
Rosencrat

[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
You already know my opinion, here. And it remains the same!
A) Real Life Is Annoying

I've been decorating for the last fortnight. Sometimes, that's simply stretched into the evening and left it too late or me too tired to really wish to roleplay.

It's largely complete, but then... Skyrim. Well, the novelty is dying, so I'll likely be around in the coming days (and more) for anyone willing to help make a concerted effort at roleplaying. I apologise for having jumped the metaphorical ship.
For me, it is likewise Skyrim, and that I've just been busy the past several days. Additionally, I simply haven't been 'in the mood' for casual RP these past two weeks. It's not tickling my particular fancies at the moment, and I could be using the time for something that does.

I'll likely become more active as this depressive phase passes--but really, completely random RP hasn't been my style since I left Booty Bay.
i am geko
i live heer
and my favorite food is crikkits

(11-13-2011, 04:35 PM)Delta Wrote: But then... Skyrim.

(11-13-2011, 05:21 PM)hiddengecko Wrote: For me, it is likewise Skyrim,

C) Skyrim: It's Better Than WoW

Well, this adds a whole new dimension to our problem.
Skyrim's taken over CotH. Now it's CotD, Conquest of the Dragons.
By the way, on a more serious note, I'll try to half-AFK by while I'm writing and/or doing homework, in case anyone's interested.
(11-13-2011, 05:34 PM)Rosencrat Wrote: C) Skyrim: It's Newer Than WoW

Fix'd.
i am geko
i live heer
and my favorite food is crikkits
(11-13-2011, 04:35 PM)Uthaniel Wrote: You already know my opinion, here. And it remains the same!

And we'll see if this works. I will admit, however, it's quite a solid suggestion.
Well, yes. Skyrim is the great robbers of attention nowadays. However, due to the timezone difference with a lot of players I have enough time to play Skyrim and roleplay as well! Apart from this shabby story as to why I am still available I wanted to plant a seed for a suggestion.

I always find that there is not much to talk about in casual roleplay or at least nothing current except for perhaps the weather. I would suggest making a notification board where smalls notes of happenings in the surroundings, the weather, status updates of unimportance and a plethora of other petty items could be put up. Perhaps something else but this was the core idea to boost the relevance of the roleplay and the conversation of the characters to their surroundings.

Also.. Cookies for active players!
Little by little, one travels far.
Suggestion: Bring in The Gnome more full-time. I promise she'll be moderately well-behaved, possibly 24/7 sober, not sitting on bartops good-as-gold.
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
Send them death threats... works well with me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Argus Wake Rosencrat 11 3,251 01-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Rosencrat
  Argus Wake Post-Restart Rosencrat 4 1,569 08-30-2011, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Delta
  Argus Wake Activities Rosencrat 0 738 08-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Rosencrat