The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Argus Wake Post-Restart
Yes, I got the idea from someone else.

Now, first and foremost: Argus Wake will be returning post restart. Cleanse what you will from the server; so long as there are players who want to wield their righteous fury against an encroaching evil/death machine/doom dragon of molten death than there will always be a need for not-so-good, dis-honest villains.

First and foremost: Argus Wake pre-restart is to be retconned. All activities done by its members under the auspices of AW or any character building received from AW must be ignored.

Some things that are to be changed…

+-----------------------------------------+

1) Leadership. Yes, I had immense fun playing Marianna as a fel-sworn. Born as a comical relief villain for a guild’s event, she’s managed to crawl up from simply being the butt of attacks and jokes to actually possessing such human (or, in her specific case, inhuman) traits as a personality, drives and flaws. Yet, with the removal of the prestige system, Marianna will be retconned completely. Her name shall be scrubbed from history, as shall her assorted worldly possessions, activities and victims.

This is to be intended as a new beginning.

Post restart Marianna will be outfitted with a new class (Warrior), new armor (Literally kick-ass boots), a new history (Involving hay and a broken condom) and a new personality (More fitting that of a leader). She is designed to mesh nicely with the activities of Argus Wake and be more of a bonding force between members.

2) Membership. Ah, this topic. Argus Wake has always been rather selective in its invitations. We aren’t pompous. Far from it. We are simply being realistic: Members of Argus Wake are given resources and opportunities that, in the wrong hands, can easily be abused to the detriment of all who associate, both ICly and OOCly, with the group.

Post restart, however, we will be relaxing those restrictions. We will still be selective in who we hand out invites to. However, we will also begin to reach out to new players who have showed an interest or role-played with us on a semi-regular basis. We want to be a family, not a clique.

3) Recruitment. This is something I will personally enjoy. In the past recruitment was casual, where invitations were handed out OOCly to willing candidates and some contrived, often half-assed IC explanation was thusly dredged up. While it allowed us to swell our ranks quickly, few of these ‘quick pick’ members felt any real emotional attachment between their characters and the guild.

Post restart we will hold an event for each recruitment. Small and simple, these events will pit members against realistic challenges that are equal part combat and equal part problem solving. In the end each player or a small group of players will have their own events, specifically tailored to their characters and their soon-to-be roll in the guild.

4) Impact. Too often do I hear calls for ‘conquest’ role-play from the player base. The very word ‘conquest’ conjures up images of names etched in blood upon bleached bones, each letter earned only through destruction and carnage. It’s a shame, really, considering that most people want to simply feel as if they and their characters are making an impact on the world.
Thus comes the term ‘impact’ role-playing.

Argus Wake will, on a regular basis, undergo missions and events centered on spreading its influence. In-character these missions will involve, assassinations, subversions, kidnapping and other measures of ‘discord’. While designed to be on a small scale, such actions will leave small scars upon the world of Azeroth. Over time these marks will accumulate, creating the impact that so many people crave.

Sometimes these events will be against player characters and guilds. Other times they will be upon non-playable characters and areas. The main string of this all, however, is that members will have the chance to spread their names across the world if they so desire it.

5) Funding. We’re scrapping drugs. That’s first and foremost. While it was a pleasant side project, too few people wanted to play the addicts.
Slavery, on the otherh and.

Argus Wake will, post restart, accrue influence and resources through mini events based around…
  • Kidnapping
  • Blackmail
  • Robbery
  • Slave Trade
  • Extortion
  • Weapon Dealing

+-----------------------------------------+

I was curious on what you all thought of this. After all, these are just my suggestions. This guild is as much yours as it is mine. A little bit more so, in fact: I’m not the one out there every day risking my necks to pitch a bomb into a volcano!

Penned in a Loving Hand,
The Management
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]

I like. A lot. Especially the specially tailored events for the characters, I think it'll create a more 'family' environment where characters can actually share a bond with other members instead of just going "Oh yeah, I know that d00d. He was the guy that was helping me out last time we fought a doomguard."
Spoiler:
[Image: 2wd92y0.gif]

1) Excellent, good for you!

2) We will also begin to reach out to new players who have showed an interest or role-played with us on a semi-regular basis. Those are the best kinds.

3) In the past recruitment was casual, where invitations were handed out OOCly to willing candidates and some contrived, often half-assed IC explanation was thusly dredged up. While it allowed us to swell our ranks quickly, few of these ‘quick pick’ members felt any real emotional attachment between their characters and the guild. Eh, Valda's rescue was epic and life-changing. I can't wait to see an improvement to that!

4) Impact. The main string of this all, however, is that members will have the chance to spread their names across the world if they so desire it. I've never RPed a character with this as one of his goals. I think it'll be a unique experience apart from my mostly-humble characters.

5) We’re scrapping drugs. I approve.
Kidnapping
Blackmail
Robbery
Slave Trade
Extortion
Weapon Dealing
I would be interested in Blackmail. Nothing says villain more than dirty little secrets.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Signing up Blackbrute as possible target to be taken as a slave!
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Post restart we will hold an event for each recruitment. Small and simple, these events will pit members against
realistic challenges that are equal part combat and equal part problem solving. In the end each player or a small group
of players will have their own events, specifically tailored to their characters and their soon-to-be roll in the guild
.”

This is beautiful...

All of it, rather, but this caught my eye only just above subterfuge and Marianna bonding everyone with the force of her kick-ass boots.

I may, admittedly, have read that wrong.
Then again...

In any case, I can't wait.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grenzi's Gang [Guild Post] Xigo 9 2,034 01-07-2013, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Xigo
  Argus Wake Rosencrat 11 3,251 01-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Rosencrat
  The Wake's Wake-Up Rosencrat 10 2,005 11-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Revan
  Argus Wash-Up Rosencrat 38 10,545 11-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Revan