The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Feedback/Questions re: Custom-model characters/NPCs
Use this thread for discussion, feedback, or questions regarding this thread.
Rigley and I were looking at the cata model viewer and noticed that there were these things called dragonman that had a lot of emotes and animations.

I am not sure if Blizzard at one point intended for these to be playable, but I was thinking that maybe we can make custom lore for these. I'd like to rp with them, maybe as them, but perhaps we can make custom lore concerning these.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Maloriak

That is one that appears as a boss.
Absolutely love this idea
Thane Gwydd: Mountain King Gwyddy
Warlord Kron: Horde Warlord
Battlecruiser Captain: Who called in the fleet?
Sir Baldwin: Knight of Stormwind
My Guide to Roleplaying Warfare!
Excellent. In the event that one desired to play the minion of their own warlock via double-boxing, would that be acceptable?
I love this idea, personally, but you probably already knew that. I think that the guidelines that you've put in place are sound, and I think that with the level of monitoring for these characters, it will probably end well. It will also allow people who need important NPCs for storylines to use them, which is good.
Is this also where I would apply for an undead model once Astus finishes his prestige training?
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
I love this idea unreservedly. I have a character profile waiting to be posted in the forums (if profiles are indeed accepted, as well as the other info.)

What I appreciate most is that it'll add more flexibility as to what you can play, and how you play it. And it'll be a very helpful aid for events and storylines.
Oh finally, I have been awaiting this since I first came here to CotH! (So far I have been using mobs, NPCs or even formchanging items to do have non-playable races during me events.)

Will drop a review when I first used this.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Ehhh.. these bad boys are in cata. They are part of the black dragon flight.. I wouldn't recommend doing this. Blackwing Descents are scientifically made dragon kins.
"Even a stopped clock, tells the right time twice a day."
How ever, custom made models for a orc/dreanei as Twilight Assassins would be cool for NPCs. Maybe make that hybrid a prestige class? Also a mount as the Argent Warhorse model, perhaps some re-skins as well would be nice. I'll see what I can find to do it, though it could require an ickle patch :P

As for models for NPCs, in five weeks time I shall return from France and will be playing again. A normal Argent Warhorse would be nice on Vivant Lightmane, but I can't seem to find one, so if there isn't one I can get normally, could I at least get it as a mount model? Please :3
"Even a stopped clock, tells the right time twice a day."
So far so good. Looks like it's going to work well but we wont be able to see until it is open.

Although, one of the things I do wish with this is that you are very strict at who gets persistent characters. Not so much for Temporary ones but, persistent ones are characters which you hope to see used often and not just for a week or so and then barley touched again. Make sure that the person using them is willing to RP consistently with them to the best of their abilities and use them properly and for something more than simple Tavern RP.

There is nothing stopping them from doing this but, personally, I would prefer to see them enhance the RP around them then be solely for the player's enjoyment. While they should still be great fun for the player, it should also be fun for everyone else to RP with them too.

There we go, feedbackie.
BountyHunter Wrote:There is nothing stopping them from doing this but, personally, I would prefer to see them enhance the RP around them then be solely for the player's enjoyment. While they should still be great fun for the player, it should also be fun for everyone else to RP with them too.
This is exactly what I aim for! *nod*
Perfect! Then I see nothing wrong with it so far. Once it is put into practice that is when some bugs might show themselves.
I agree w/BH's statement. I think they're great as long as they, both perpetual and temporary, mainly serve to enhance the community RP (especially non-tavern stuff. Especially that), and not just one person's flaunt. I look forward to seeing some good ones in action once I feel up to logging in again.

Not to say no one can use it for their own personal stories, but I think using them for more globally enhancing purposes can bring the player's own story up.

...And it's super late, so I don't know if I'm making any sense.
˜★Sketch Blog
Question on the Unlikely Races. Would we be able to suggest some races to populate the list with and where they might go?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The fate of our characters FlyingSquirrel 27 13,980 03-14-2015, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Geoni
  Potential CotH custom lore world Dae 2 4,928 02-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  A confession and some questions Nymus 4 3,559 01-19-2015, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Nymus
  Random facts about our characters Saiyuu 181 38,186 12-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Druid of the Antler? and more questions. Andy7565 7 3,490 11-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin